About this listing
Beautiful Alexander Mid-century private home available for the first time after extensive refurbishment and with luxury appointments, original furnishings. Contains high end appliances, original mid-century details, LCD TV's and luxury linens. Backyard complete with heated pool, fire pit, and gas grill.
Located in this AAA location of Vista Las Palmas, one of America's most important centers for mid century architecture, this historic Alexander private home is the perfect escape for your next visit to Palm Springs. The entire 2600 square feet is available, with 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a large open living room with beautiful feature fire place, ample seating, original artwork, original mid century furniture and genuine Eames furnishings. The large TV media room has a 11' sofa for entire family entertainment. The fantastic kitchen is a chef's dream with 6 burner Viking stove, 48" side by side refrigerator, wine cooler and breakfast bar.
Th entire property is in a private location and has been restored by the current owner to a very high standard. You will have access to all 2600 square feet, which includes a private casita with it's own AC, bathroom, fridge, microwave, TV and coffee making facilities. There are 4 LCD TV's on the property. The private 40' pool is heated and lit with 5 color LED lights. There is an outdoor shower for guests to use during the day who do not want to go into the house. The outdoor grill is connected to the mains gas and can be used for any amount of outdoor cooking. There is also an in ground firepit.
Interaction with guests
Our housekeeper Shelly lives nearby and is available for assistance when needed.
Vista Las Palmas is considered one of the most prestigious neighborhoods in Palm Springs. The neighborhood is made up on single story family homes with architectural detail being the point of each individual home. Many movie stars of the past had homes in the neighborhood and walking and bus tours are available in Palm Springs via the visitor center. You will be close to the mountains and enjoy the best unrestricted views in town. Many of the town's great restaurants can be found close by including Copleys, Birba, Jake's, Workshop, Trio, 849 etc. to name a few. The uptown design district known for the best mid century shopping in Palm Springs is also on the edge of the neighborhood. Palm Canyon Drive is a 10 minute walk away and that will bring you to the main strip to take you downtown.
Uber usually takes less than 5 mins and downtown is less than 5 mins by car. There will be two bikes available to guest to use during their stay also.
Other things to note
The backyard is perfect for enjoying the beautiful weather in Palm Springs -- heated pool, plenty of outdoor seating, fire pit, and grill attached to the main gas line. The living room, master bedroom and the casita have large 10-foot sliding glass doors that open to the backyard.
* Guests must be 25 years old to rent.
* An optional fee of $50 / day will be added to the booking if you would like to have the pool heated during the winter months (November to March). Guests are not permitted to change the temperature of any pool without prior approval. Guests who over-heat the pool without authorization agree to pay a penalty of $500.
* No smoking in the house or on the property
* Full use of the washer and dryer permitted
* All parties must be approved prior to stay out of respect for neighbors
* Well-behaved, small, non-shedding dogs allowed
* Our maximum capacity is 6 persons. Please do not exceed this limit or you will be asked to leave and no refund will be issued. No exceptions will be made.
* City required room tax is included in the nightly rate.
* The House Rules incorporate a Liability Waiver and Pool Waiver - acceptance of the House Rules, and the Liability Waiver and Pool Waiver incorporated therein, is a condition for booking a stay at our property. By booking a stay with us you acknowledge and agree to the terms of the waivers. We will be happy to email you a copy of the Liability Waiver and Pool Waiver on request.