About this listing
My home is located in Historic Oakwood, a beautiful historic neighborhood. It is furnished with antiques, and has a modern kitchen and laundry room. Perfect for long term stays! Lots of room with fully equipped kitchen. Large front porch with swing and rocking chairs!
Within walking distance of legislature building downtown, Moore Square and Person St, and a short car ride to NCSU and Glenwood. Of course, our neighborhood is gorgeous!
15% Military discount - Please ask.
Guests are welcome to use the front porch, living room, dining room, kitchen, two bedrooms and both baths. The sewing room will be locked, and the back yard is off limits. I live just upstairs with my two dogs, which you can hear running around above you.
My home has a large front porch with rocking chairs and a swing that guests are welcome to use. The backyard is not accessible except as an emergency exit. Please do not open back door as my dogs will more than likely be in their play area, and will bark their heads off!
Interaction with guests
I will be staying in an apartment above the guest's rental and will be able to help should the need arise, for example for repairs or questions. I have lived in downtown Raleigh over 30 years and can help with activity and driving recommendations. If you do not need me, you will not see me! I respect your absolute privacy!
I live in a historic neighborhood that was almost razed by the city for a four lane thoroughfare. A group of neighbors banned together and fought the city to preserve this historic neighborhood. I am proud to be part of that tradition. It is a beautiful neighborhood to walk in and you will see many folks out walking their dogs and visiting with each other. Here is a link to the Oakwood Walking Guide, which details the history of the houses by address: (URL HIDDEN)
We are only minutes away from everything going on in downtown Raleigh, which includes festivals, restaurants, art events and wonderful science museums!
Other things to note
Check-in time is no sooner than 3:00 pm for cleaning. Please make travel plans accordingly. Guests are free to park at the house early and stroll the neighborhood or attend an event downtown.
- Please text me with your ETA on the day of check in. I will then send you the code for the key lock box on the front door.
- Please allow me the courtesy to remedy a problem before posting a poor review.
- There is no smoking in the house. Please use front porch and please use ashtray. Do not toss your butts in the yard. I consider that an actionable offense.
- Our neighborhood has a noise ordinance to protect our neighbors: after 11 pm on weekdays and 2 am on weekends.
- No children between 6 mos and 12. Please do not even ask for an exception.
- Parking is available on the side and front of the house.
- Please hang your towel for re-use.
- Guests are expected to wash the dishes they use.
- I put out towels based on registered guests. Please ask if additional towels are needed.
- I consider almost all small damages to be accidents if you report them to me.
Baby boomer retired from the corporate business life, but still not sure where I want to go, what I want to do and how much work I want to do (or not do!) I love historic homes and own three of them in downtown Raleigh.
Originally from South Louisiana, I moved to Raleigh in 1984 to work with IBM. I love to sew and am currently designing and making handbags. I also love to cook and can make a mean gumbo!
I have two dogs that are the absolute loves of my life.