Come enjoy our beautiful Donner Crest home! Constructed in 2014! Now available to the wonderful guests within this amazing AirBnb community. We are not new to the vacation rental biz and have created a beautiful vacation home that our guests love. New this summer - 48amp Tesla Wall Charger!
A spacious great room with floor-to-ceiling windows and chef's kitchen with Viking appliances are sure to meet your entertaining needs.
The first floor master suite includes a king size bed, private balcony and luxury master bath with expansive walk-in shower and heated floors. Upstairs, you will find 2 well-appointed bedrooms, a second full bathroom, and a loft your kids will absolutely love! One of the rooms is furnished with a queen bed, while the other has a bunk bed with a full on the bottom and a twin bed on top. We have also provided an queen sized air mattress that can be set up in either the loft or the office if additional sleeping space is needed. Additional features include an office, mudroom with a fun locker design, 2-car garage and a walkout patio with Adirondack chairs in a serene mountain setting with a built-in gas fire pit. The home is equipped with WiFi, TV, DVD player, and Nest thermostat.
Located just outside of the Tahoe Donner area, this home is close to both downtown Truckee and to Donner Lake. 15 minutes to Squaw, Alpine, Northstar and Sugar Bowl and a mere 20 minutes from the shores of Lake Tahoe, this is the perfect launch pad for all of your Tahoe adventures!
This is a whole home rental. There will be no others on-site while you are renting the home. PLEASE NOTE GUESTS MUST ALSO PAY A 12% TRUCKEE OCCUPANCY TAX. This tax must be received by us via check or other method to fully confirm a booking. We strongly believe in following the rules and supporting our amazing town through this tax and it is NOT included in our nightly rate.
Interaction with guests
We have deep ties to the area and are available to provide recommendations if desired during your visit but we will not be on-site during your stay.
We built this home from the ground up and are in love with every detail! We request that all guests respect the home so that it remains in great high-end condition for all future guests. Please see below for our rules/terms & conditions/helpful details.
1. Check-In: Check in time is 4:00pm on the day of arrival. Your lock box code or access code will be given to you verbally or via text within 24 hours of your arrival. Please ensure that Owner has your correct contact information. Do not arrive at your rental early. Lock box codes or access codes WILL NOT be issues with a balance owing or without a signed agreement.
2. Check-Out: Check out instructions are posted at the Property. Check out time is 10:00am on the departure date. A $75.00 fee will be charged for each ½ hour past the required check out time, as we often have Guests leaving and arriving the same day, leaving the cleaning services a small amount of time to clean. Guests occupying the Property beyond noon on the check-out day without consent of Owner will be trespassing. Guests are left one key and one garage door opener. A $75 per item fee will be charged for each lost key or garage door opener. Please read and follow the check-out directions prior to departure.
3. Cleaning: The Property will be inspected and cleaned after your departure. The cleaning fee covers normal cleaning. Guest is required to leave the Property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure dishes are washed and put away, used linens and towels are put in the hamper in the laundry room, and the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted, and cleaned. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges, at a rate of $70 per hour, will be deducted from the security deposit.
4. Utilities: All utilities are included in the rate; however, please know that we are an environmentally conscious home. Please do your part to not waste energy, including water and gas.
5. Trash: Garbage and recycling collection is included in the rent and is picked up once a week on Tuesdays. Garbage must be placed in the locked bear box at the end of your stay. We are located in the woods and mother nature is all around us. Bears are a real issue. Guest is responsible for all bear related damage due to negligence of trash and or improper food storage. Additional charges may be incurred if Owner is cited or given a violation for garbage, trash, or refuse not properly stored outside or strewn about the property by wildlife. All recycling should be placed in the designated blue recycling bags and placed in the bear box at the end of your stay.
6. Parking: The driveway and garage provide plenty of parking for Guests. Boats and RVs are not allowed to be parked on the property per the neighborhood rules. Further, street parking is also illegal per our neighborhood rules and cars may be towed at the Guest’s expense if illegally parked. Owner assumes no liability for damage, dirt, tree sap, or other tree droppings, to any vehicles or any other personal property situated on the property.
7. Noise: Any complaints from neighbors regarding excessive noise or other nuisance may be cause for immediate termination of the stay and forfeiture of the Guest’s security deposit and rents. Loud or unruly behavior is restricted by local ordinance.
8. Pets: Well-mannered and house-broken dogs are considered on a case-by-case basis. Prior consent is required in all cases. We require a flat fee of $200 per dog. This fee will be collected separately before your stay via (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or other methods. Airbnb does not currently make it easy to add this fee within the transaction. Owner must bring all dog related items including bed, blankets, etc. All dog(s) must be current with flea/tick medication and must have current rabies vaccinations. In addition, the nails must be trimmed so as to not scratch floors or furniture. Please do not allow dogs to get on the furniture unless completely covered with a blanket. Dog(s) must be on leash at all times in the neighborhood including in the backyard. Our association has strict leash laws and other owners in the neighborhood enforce it. Owner MUST pick up after their dog in all cases. Money will be held back from the damage deposit if there is pet related damage or if additional cleaning is required inside or outside of the home. Cats are strictly prohibited due to allergy related issues. Those with pet allergies should notify us to verify if pets have been present at the Property. If Guest brings a pet without prior written consent, Guest agrees that the entire refundable security deposit will be forfeited. Guest releases owner of any and all liability related to pets on the property. Please be mindful that our home is located in the wilderness. We have seen bears first hand and see coyotes almost every visit. In addition, our neighborhood is a common migratory path for deer. Protect your furry friend from the wild but also do not disturb the native animals as we would like for them to stay around. This is their forest, we are just visiting!
9. Smoking: Smoking is NOT ALLOWED in, at, or around the home. Breech of the no smoking policy will require an extensive professional cleaning to return the home to a smoke free environment. All costs of cleaning and any damage will be taken out of the security deposit.
10. Furnishings: Owner attempts to maintain the Property in the best of condition. Owner expresses no guarantees, express or implied, regarding suitability or fitability for any particular purpose. Property is equipped and furnished to the Owner’s taste and set up for light housekeeping. Mattress pads, pillows, blankets, linens, bedspreads, towels, paper goods (toilet paper/paper towels), and bath products are provided. Owner makes no warranties as to the suitability of the furnishings for people with allergies.
11. Extras: Television, DVD player, SONOS speaker, coffee machine, washer/dryer, ski lift swing, etc., herein called Extras, are supplied at no extra charge as a convenience for Guest use. In the event of malfunction or breakdown of Extras, any other appliance or feature, Guest must notify Owner so repair of malfunction can be made. Owner or Owner's Representative will complete the repair as quickly as practical. Guest agrees that no refund of rent will be made. Do not re-wire, unplug, change settings, reprogram, or reset/modify any appliance including the furnace, hot water heater, dishwasher, refrigerator, range top, or oven.
12. Fire Pit: The back patio is equipped with a built-in gas fire pit. Rules for proper operation are left at the house. Further, a fire extinguisher is located on-site for emergencies. Guest agrees to follow procedures outlined in the instructions. No foreign matter will be placed into the fire pit (fallen marshmallows excluded if cleaned properly). Guest releases Owner of all liability related to fire pit operation.
13. Ski Lift Swing: The red ski lift swing on the front porch means a great deal to our family. It is provided as an amenity to the home but please take care with it. A strict two person maximum capacity should be followed. Please do not allow kids to jump or swing aggressively on the swing. Guest uses the swing at his/her own risk. If damage is caused due to non-permitted activity, charges for repairs will be taken out of the security deposit. Please enjoy the swing but swing with care
14. Internet: Home is equipped with a secure wireless network. Password to access network is provided in guest materials located at the home. NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED. THE NETWORK IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. GUEST ASSUMES ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR USE FROM THE NETWORK. OWNER MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE NETWORK WILL BE ERROR FREE OR FREE FROM INTERRUPTION OR FAILURE, OR THAT IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE OWNER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. GUEST HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE NETWORK MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE OR BECOME UNAVAILABLE DUE TO ANY NUMBER OF FACTORS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERIODIC SYSTEM MAINTENANCE, SCHEDULED OR UNSCHEDULED, ACTS OF GOD, TECHNICAL FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE, TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE, OR DELAY OR DISRUPTION ATTRIBUTABLE TO VIRUSES, DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACKS, INCREASED OR FLUCTUATING DEMAND, ACTIONS AND OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE REASONABLY BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER. GUEST ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM USE OF THE NETWORK AND THE INFORMATION ACCESSED BY THE NETWORK, AND THE INTERACTION (OR FAILURE TO INTERACT PROPERLY) WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE WHETHER PROVIDED BY THE OWNER OR A THIRD PARTY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE OWNER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE DISRUPTION, IMPAIRMENT OR FAILURE, REPAIR COSTS, TIME VALUE OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE NETWORK, OR THE INCOMPATIBILITY OF THE NETWORK WITH ANY HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR USAGE, THE INFECTION OR DOWNLOAD OR UPLOAD OF OR BY ANY VIRUS, SPYWARE, WORM, OFENSIVE MATERIALS, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, UNLAWFUL USE, OR ANY OTHER USE RELATED DAMAGE, EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
15. Weather Conditions: No representations or warranties are made with respect to any weather conditions at all including any natural disaster conditions. Guest agrees to comply with instructions from Owner and any advisory statement from any local emergency authorities in a natural disaster situation. No refunds are given for any weather or natural disaster condition.
16. Owner Property Access: Owner may access property inside or out for any purpose including repairs, inspection, verification of Guest status, monitoring of proper use of Property, access to Owners Area, maintenance, Property improvement, or for any other reason, with twenty four hour notice to Guest. Guest will be contacted via method supplied by Guest, email and cell phone, before Owner seeks Property Access. If for any reason Guest prevents full and unencumbered Owner Property Access, it shall be deemed grounds for immediate termination and eviction with no refunds of rent or security deposit.
17. Rules & Regulations: Guest shall comply with the following Rules and Regulations and any additional or other Rules and Regulations adopted by Owner. Guest shall promptly notify the Owner in writing of any defective or potentially defective conditions of the property. All occupants and guests in the Unit shall have due regard for the peace, comfort and enjoyment of surrounding neighbors. Radios, television sets, etc., shall be played only at reasonable volume. Musical instruments shall be played only at a reasonable hour and at a reasonable volume. Guest shall not install or maintain any object including blinds, awnings, shades or curtains on exterior windows or walls. No nails, screws, tacks, etc., shall be used without consent of the Owner. No signs or placards shall be posted in or about the Property without written permission of the Owner. Guest(s) are not permitted access to the roof except in case of emergency.
18. Construction & Other Nuisances: Owner is not responsible for the impacts of any event that may occur at a neighboring property or otherwise close by that may adversely affect the guest’s peaceful enjoyment of the Property. This includes, but is not limited to, nearby building or road construction, concerts, events, or the actions of others beyond Owner’s control. The home is located in a growing community. There are new homes currently being built; however, none are located within close proximity.
19. Mountain Area Disclosure (Summer): Forest fires are known to threaten the greater Lake Tahoe region. Controlled or natural fires can create smoke and in extreme cases evacuation. Burn restrictions are often in place; restricting the use of outdoor fire pits and certain BBQs. Our home has no air conditioning. Wild animals, most notably, bears are present. Appropriate action must be taken to avoid animal problems. Our neighborhood has very consistent deer migrations and frequent coyote sightings. Be aware (enjoy the experience but be mindful).
20. Mountain Area Disclosure (Winter): The Lake Tahoe Region can be subject to extreme weather conditions (we hope!). Harsh winter storms are common (and welcome) and may result in difficult if not impossible travel, power outages, and other service disruptions. Four wheel/all-wheel drive vehicles and/or chains are often necessary.
21. Waiver: Failure of Owner to insist upon the strict performance of the terms and provisions of this Agreement, or the Property Rules and Regulations shall not constitute a waiver or relinquishment of Owner’s rights, thereafter, to enforce such terms and provisions.
22. Termination: If the Guest or any member of his party violates any of the terms of this agreement, the Owner may, at the Owner’s sole discretion, terminate this lease with no refund of the Rent and Security Deposit and may enter the premises and remove Guest, the members of his party and their belongings. Guest is notified that they will be subject to an expedited eviction procedure.
23. Failure to Deliver: In the event that the Owner is unable to deliver said property to Guest under this Agreement prior to occupancy because of fire, eminent domain, act of nature, double booking, delay in construction or any other reason whatsoever, Guest hereby agrees that Owner’s sole liability as a result of these conditions is a full refund of all consideration previously tendered by Guest. Pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, Guest expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Owner be held liable for any consequential or secondary damages, including but not limited to, any expenses incurred as a result of moving for any damage, destruction or loss.
24. Indemnity: The Guest agrees to release and indemnify the Owner from and against all liability, should anyone be injured upon the premises during the term of the lease, resulting from any cause whatsoever. Guest will indemnify and hold harmless the Owner for any injuries, accident or otherwise, incurred or suffered upon the premises by Guest and guests or anyone associated with Guest for any cause whatsoever during the term of this contract. Guest shall bear the risk of loss of any and all of Guest’s personal property whether located in the Property or in designated storage areas. Guest agrees not to hold Owner, his agents and/or employees liable in any manner for, or on account of, any loss or damages sustained by reason of the acts or omissions of third parties, or arising from any casualty (such as fire, theft, explosion, vandalism, criminal or negligent acts of others, winds, earthquake, flood and/or water damage).
25. Enforcement: In the event either party commences litigation to enforce any of the terms and provisions of this Agreement, the prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled to recover the costs and expenses of such litigation, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
Our family has deep ties to the Truckee-Tahoe area. My husband has been coming here his entire life and I first fell in love with this beautiful place through our many ski trips from Chicago. We got engaged on a perfect winter morning at Fallen Leaf Lake and then married on an epic summer day on a spectacular Tahoe beach. We now live in the Bay Area and relish being so close to the place we consider paradise. We have gotten to know the beauty of every season, from the frosty winters and amazingly chaotic summers to the peace and tranquility of a chilly spring morning or a perfect fall day. Truckee has been our oasis for nearly a decade and we hope to inspire the same feelings we have developed in everyone who stays in our home.