About this listing
Leisure Lakehouse is your perfect vacation spot for all that Lake Barkley, Land Between the Lakes, and Kentucky Lake has to offer.
3 bedroom 3 bath house with private and peaceful setting to relax and enjoy the outdoors. 4 kayaks. Private dock. Huge deck. 180 degree views of water. Located on the point of a cul-de-sac with 2.5 acres offering plenty of space to unwind. Extensive shoreline has an abundance of wildlife.
Sleeps 10-12 total. 10% state & local taxes included in quoted price.
Leisure Lakehouse sleeps 10-12 total. The master bedroom, located on the main floor, has awesome views of the lake and trees that let you enjoy the outdoors and wildlife while still lying in bed. The master bedroom also opens up to the deck for a fresh morning peek of the sunrise and lake wildlife. Some mornings you will sight a few deer or a flock of turkeys, and the herons and egrets are always at the water's edge. Upstairs, the spacious landing joins 2 more bedrooms separated by a full bath.
- 4 kayaks (seat 6 total) included with rental agreement
- Private dock extends to 50 feet with bench and ladder
- Outdoor fire pit between house and dock
- Lake views from nearly every room
- TV with cable and Blu-ray player
- Large U-shaped driveway and 2 car garage
- Wrap-around deck is covered and includes plenty of seating for 15 or more
- The upstairs is on a separate heating/cooling system with its own thermostat. The second floor will not get too warm in summer (as with most other homes).
The upstairs level does not get too warm (as with so many other 2 story homes).
- Indoor fireplace operates with gas logs
- Fully stocked kitchen. Remodeled with new hickory cabinets and new countertops
- Built-in speakers in dining/living room. Play your favorite music from your ipod or CDs
- Outdoor BBQ grill is connected to large propane tank.
- Large capacity washer and dryer on main level
- All linens provided. Portable fans available for all rooms and outdoor use
Our 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath lake house has a peaceful and private setting with 180 degree views of water. We are located on the point of a cul-de-sac with 2.5 acres that offers plenty of space to unwind. Our extensive shoreline has an abundance of wildlife to entertain you as you relax on the covered wrap-around deck. The private dock is easily accessible with no steps. The U-shaped driveway has ample space for multiple vehicles and watercraft
Interaction with guests
Directions and entry instructions (lock code. No keys needed.) will be supplied through email about a week before your check-in date. You may call or email us at any time with questions.
Other things to note
Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake are controlled lakes. The Army Corp of Engineers monitors lake levels and adjusts the lakes depending on the season/time of year and the amount of rainfall received or expected.
The water level around our dock varies with the seasons, but it is always beautiful. Generally spring and summer are the best times for fishing and boating with the higher lake levels. The lake begins to lower in July for the autumn season.
You will find that the house is spotless. The entire interior has been remodeled with new hardwood floors and tile on the main level, and new carpet and tiled bathroom upstairs. The kitchen has new hickory cabinets and new solid-surface countertops. We are also fortunate to have a meticulous housekeeper who takes great pride in her work.
So, please respect the property and furnishings. Leave the house and property in the same condition as when you arrived. This will ensure your deposit is returned in full.
Below is the Rental Agreement Addendum:
ADDENDUM A of Rental Agreement - Rental Rules
1. Smoking is NOT allowed.
2. People other than those in the Guest party stated on the reservation may not stay overnight at the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Maximum occupancy at any time is 12 guests.
3. The property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. NO PETS
7. PARKING. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. This area is the front 2 car garage and the U-shaped driveway in front of the house. Parking on the road is not permitted. No vehicle may be parked or driven off the driveway. Vehicles are not permitted to access the lake shoreline. Boats and other large watercraft must be launched from a boat ramp.
8. HOUSEKEEPING: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the rental rate, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house. Soiled linens including bed sheets must be placed in the laundry room at checkout time. You are responsible for cleaning the grill and kayaks and kayak equipment after use. These items are not included in the housekeeping fee.
9. KAYAKS: Life vests must be worn when using the kayaks. Children must wear a life vest and be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. When using the kayaks, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this activity. Use at your own risk. Stay within sight of the property if you are unsure of the area. Always use caution and sensibility when using the kayaks. By signing or accepting this agreement, you agree not to hold the owners liable for incidents that cause bodily harm while using the kayaks.
10. FIREPLACE: The gas fireplace operates with a thermostat. It should be used only in the colder months.
11. INTERNET: Internet Wi-Fi is for basic email and web browsing. NO streaming of movies, videos or music. We have a limited data plan with only a small portion allocated per day. (Unlimited data is not available in our area.)
12. WATER and SEPTIC: The property is on a septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged for damages.
13. FIRE PIT: Use safety and caution around the fire pit. Children under 21 must be supervised near the fire pit. Never leave the fire unattended, and make sure the fire is completely out before retiring for the night.
14. STORMS: If there is a storm, hurricane, or tornado, no refunds will be given unless the state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations. No refunds will be given for storms or inclement weather.
15. 3 large trash cans are provided. Any excess trash that will not fit in these 3 trash cans must be hauled away by the guests. No fish remains are to be placed in the trash cans. Clean fish far from the house/garage. Fish remains may be disposed in the woods (also Leisure Lakehouse property.)
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
We are looking forward to retirement on Lake Barkley. We have a few years to go, but we decided to try the leisure life a couple of weeks out of the year. As working folks, we don't get as much time to enjoy the property as we would like.
We purchased Leisure Lakehouse in Spring of 2014. Although we have family a couple of hours north, we are just getting to know the Lake area. We wanted a retirement home in a resort-like setting that was close enough for family gatherings. This spacious home and property is perfectly situated for a large number of people to have a great deal of fun. We wanted a place that was private and peaceful, but close enough to amenities and friendly faces.