Enjoy Serenity on a luxury 44 ft Sea Ray Sport Yacht on the South Shore of Clear Lake. We are the only Airbnb listed motor yacht to offer Clear Lake and Galveston Bay private cruises. Cruises are at a low rate of $125/hr, limited to 12 people. Add $25 each pax over 6. The yacht sleeps 4. Can sleep 6 maximum, if both couches in salon are used; add $25 per person, above 4 guests This is a unique, on-the-water experience your family and friends will remember.
This luxury sport yacht provides guests a genuine feel of the live-aboard lifestyle. During Summer (June-Aug), bookings including a Fri or Sat night, the minimum stay is 2 nights, due to the high demand.
Inside you are ingratiated with luxury. Entering a large, wide salon with 42" flatscreen TV, two opposing lounge couches and a small stow-able table. Forward, are two separate, private staterooms. The guest stateroom twin-beds can convert to a queen-size bed. The galley is generous with Microwave, Stove, Fridge / Freezer, Sink, Blender/Can-opener and an Automatic Coffee Maker. Coffee, tea and bottled water is provided. For your pleasure we have a raised dining area with a view of the marina, or you can congregate on the bridge for an elevated view with a breeze.
Cruises are extra, at $125/hr for reserved guests, and subject to weather conditions; $225/hr for non-Airbnb overnight guests. A Captain is included for all cruises. Cruising cost for over 6 pax, add $25 per person, up to 12 maximum passengers. Cruises are on a cash basis, in advance of departure, due to variable weather / tide conditions.
The two salon couches can comfortably sleep an adult and a child, for a max overnight of 6 guests, add $25/person over 4. There are no extra charges for additional visiting guests, yet 10 p.m. is the departure cut-off for those exceeding the maximum 6 overnight guest limit.
Since the yacht is berthed next to the marina bath house, we use the $200 deposit as a cleaning/loss/damages fee, mainly if guests use yacht's heads or showers (due to our having to move boat to another marina's pump-out station (1.5 hours to complete this with 2-3 people))... so we strive for everyone's pleasure and convenience. We lived aboard our yacht for 4 years, as a family of 4, and had no problems with using marina facilities in lieu of the two head systems, and you can too, easily! We provide shower towels onboard, and toiletries are available on request at no charge.
Keep in mind, it is a boat "on-the-water", and all boats tend to have a salty, or mustiness, to them. If your nose is hypersensitive, you probably should avoid a live-aboard experience. Of our 1st 50 overnight guests, we've only had 1 complaint, due to an unrealistic expectation this would be like a hotel or house, except it's on the water. It is a marine environment, and Clear Lake is brackish water. Keeping the salon door closed while aboard helps the air conditioners to reduce salt-air humidity, and both A/C's have a dehumidifier function.
Access to the entire yacht, except engine room / bilge area.
Interaction with guests
Upon arrival, Guest will contact the Host/Hostess for access, and directed to the yacht. At this point the Host will thoroughly familiarize the guests with yacht systems (~15-20 min). Then, the guests are left to enjoy for the duration of their visit. Extensions of stay are accommodated, subject to availability.
Please keep in mind, this is not a B&B or 5-star hotel. It is a unique and different style of overnight lodging with the genuine feel of what it is like to "live-aboard" a motor yacht. Many people can only dream to one day live-aboard, and enjoy this lifestyle. We provide the actual experience.
If guests want a 2hr Clear Lake cruise, or longer, the captain must board the boat in advance of departure. Cruise time is from dock-to-dock, departure to return.
We ask guests to respect the 12 noon check-out time, so we can launder bed linens, towels and clean the yacht for the next guest's 3 p.m. check-in time.
Other things to note
Clear Lake / Galveston Bay Private Cruises are available to overnight guests at the very low rate of $125/hr. Longer charters considered dependent upon itinerary. Cruises are always weather dependent; and, as such, cannot be handled through Airbnb. Cruises are paid for by cash, in advance of departure.
Terms & Conditions Include:
1. Yacht must be treated with the care & respect in which it is provided to guests.
2. Guests are accountable for all damages to the yacht. Yacht is safe for children; however, parents are cautioned to monitor their children, for their own safety, and to protect our yacht from damages.
3. No Smoking inside the yacht, NO DRUGS, and please no pets. There is a pet "daycare/spa" located 200 yards South of property, on Lawrence Rd.
4. Boat shoes or bare-feet only, all-the-time while onboard.
5. Guests are responsible for their children, as this is an expensive yacht, not a playground (no running, jumping or swinging from handrails). New replacement value is ov(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN), so we are trusting you to be responsible while enjoying your stay. Guests who allow kids to act irresponsibly will be in violation of house rules and asked to leave immediately, with no refunds.
6. Safety always comes first and is the responsibility of each individual onboard, for any and all accidents. Hosts are not liable for any occurrences and shall be held-harmless by all guests in all matters.
7. A 10 p.m. quiet time is strictly enforced by property residents, as well as management. Unregistered guests must depart property by 10 p.m. We oversee the yacht from our condominium's balcony.
8. The yacht is 20 steps from a bath house with full facilities; showers, toilets, sinks/vanity, laundry room and vending machines. If guests decide to use the 2 heads (marine sanitation devices) or showers in the yacht, or for excessive messes, missing articles or any damages to yacht, claims shall be made against your security deposit. Additional major damage cost recovery shall be sought through Airbnb's insurance policy, or by civil action.
9. Boat cruises are paid for by cash, in advance of departing the dock, and are outside of the airbnb system, subject to availability, weather, tide levels, etc. The cruise rate is $125/hr for overnight airbnb guests, up to 6 pax, plus $25/pax for 7 to 12 maximum passengers. For non-airbnb guests, the cruise rate is $225/hr up to 6 guests, plus $25/each additional pax above 6. A standard Clear Lake private cruise to Nassau Bay and back through the Kemah-cut and Boardwalk is about 2 hours. Minimum cruise is 1/hour, to Kemah Boardwalk and briefly into Galveston Bay. Galveston Bay cruises can be longer than 2 hours, such as to Redfish Island or the Houston Ship Channel. Cruises are always subject to weather conditions and the availability of our 2 qualified deckhands (my daughters &/or wife). Charges are calculated from departure to return to the yacht's slip. Deckhands work for tips, usually 10% of cruise cost.
10. My daughters are also available for babysitting if parents want a "getaway" to enjoy some nightlife, such as Outriggers, Jackie's Brickhouse, or the many local hotspots on the lake, fine dining also abounds nearby.
11. This is a high-humidity, marine environment. As with any boat, guests may expect some "mustiness" that accompanies an outdoor salt-air location. The yacht has two air-conditioners with a dehumidifying function. We strongly advise guests to keep the yacht's sliding-glass salon door closed while a/c is on, for your own comfort, and to reduce chance of mosquitoes entering freely. There is an inside/outside safety latch on door which guests should use upon every entry and exit into the yacht's salon area.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
We are a loving married couple of 18 years with two beautiful girls aged 14 and 16.
My family loves the opportunity to introduce new people to the boating lifestyle and live-aboard culture.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Sea Ray 44 ft. Sport Yacht and hope that you will tell your Friends and Family about the wonderful experience you had aboard.