Spectacular penthouse (entire floor, 200 m2) with panoramic terrace over Mediterranean, in quiet village away from town centres. Really comfortable well equipped apartment with balcony furniture. You will need a car here - the beach is 300m below the apartment but to get there you need to follow the roads 2km east then 2km west on the lower road. Shops 1km away in Menton (France); 3km away in Latte. Restaurants in Menton (2km), on coast road (3km), Ventimiglia (7km).
The building lies in a National Park. So the views and tranquility are exceptional. Inside, the apartment is spacious and well fitted, including the best thermostatic taps, plumbing, heating and air conditioning. With two bathroom/shower rooms, and a water heating system designed to supply simultaneous hot water everywhere, guests do not have to wait!
The open American style kitchen/dining/living room is light and welcoming. The kitchen is particularly well-equipped with everything needed for up to 10 people.
There is full outdoor wooden furniture (table, chairs, deckchairs, umbrella) for the balcony. There is a balcony awning across the main room windows on the south side. So you can laze and sunbathe on the balcony in all seasons.
The geographically nearest beach is directly below the apartment -- but these are old Roman roads, so you need a car to go east 2km then back west 2km to get to the lower road, park and walk 400m to the beach. Other beaches are in Menton, 2km away or Ventimiglia, Bordighera, 8-12km away.
Entire top floor of building, with 20m length terrace on south side. Nobody overlooks you.
Interaction with guests
I am not generally available locally. Contact me via the AirBnB app, or by phone, text, email (details in the apartment).
Other things to note
Parking on the street below, opposite garage #4 on lower group of garages.
Generally you will find basics (salt, sugar, flour, instant meals, butter [in the fridge or freezer], pasta, dishwasher tablets) left for you in the fridge and kitchen. They will all have been checked for dating and hygiene. If you would prefer not to use them, that is your choice. See this as a family home, not a 5* anonymous hotel! So please replace what you use.
- clean up and take out rubbish to dustbins (50m up the road)
- make sure all dirty plates and dishes are put in the dishwasher, and run the dishwasher
- put any used bed-linen and towels in the laundry basket in the laundry room; it would be particularly helpful if you could start the first wash.
- ensure that all garden furniture is put back in the shed at the end of the stay (unless advised that other guests are coming immediately after you) and that the shed door cannot blow open
- retract the awning if there is wind, while you are out of the apartment and at the end of your stay. The handle is inside by the main window.
- do not run air conditioning AND leave the windows open, simultaneously))
- turn off air conditioning/heating when you leave -- set the thermostatic control in the corridor (lift the flap) to OFF
- please close the outer shutter doors when you are out of the apartment. Rain and wind can be sudden on the coast!
- Please do not leave a key in the lock on the inside of the front door, otherwise, nobody can get in(((
If you are bringing a pet:
- Please do not allow them on the sofas or beds. Other guests may be allergic
- Clean up any messes! If your pet has used the balcony instead of the streets or woods, please use the supplied Kaercher power hose and cleaning agent to clean and disinfect thoroughly.
Normal checkout is 11:00 to allow for cleaning - if you need to stay longer please let me know.
This host has a Moderate Cancellation Policy
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 7 days of the trip and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, as well as a full refund of fees.
Home is England, but business calls me to Eastern Europe. Photographer, aficionado of classical music and ballet.