This listing is for the upper two floors of this spacious, stylish and comfortable well-appointed built new (in 2011) craftsman home.
The upper two floors of the home 3000 SF and up to 5 bedrooms. 6 beds + twin and cot size rollaway and is perfect for 2- 10 people. For larger groups please see The Ballard House Seattle Craftsman listing and includes The Ballard House Seattle ground floor/basement suite, a 650 SF 1 bedroom/1 bath basement suite with king bed, living room, kitchen.
Enjoy this semi- custom built in 2011 craftsman style home located in one of the hottest, family-friendly, and most desirable neighborhoods in Seattle.
4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms & laundry room are located on the upper floor (3 king 100% latex beds -medium firm, 2 full latex/cotton/wool - firm). Each bed offers either a latex, wool or down topper, a washable 100% wool mattress protector, down comforter or cotton quilt and 100% cotton sheets. Down pillows and down alternative pillows in king and standard size located throughout the home. The fully equipped laundry room is next to the master bedroom.
In the bedroom with the 2 full beds you will find a closet filled with a variety of child amenities geared towards ages infant to 6+ and include pack n'play, toys, blankets, games and more.
There is a 5th bedroom/office (with full futon) that is located on the main floor, directly off entrance and is separate from other bedrooms. The full futon is a traditional spring mattress with a down topper. There is a twin rollaway bed that is located in the office. The futon is set up as a couch and twin rollaway is left in a storage bag. If set up is requested advance notice is needed. There is a 1/2 bath located on the main floor.
The home offers a living room, large kitchen/family room on the main floor perfect for reading, conversation, game playing, TV watching and relaxing.
The home offers plenty of family-friendly amenities. The home IS not childproof, please reach out with specific questions about what the home does and does not offer - strollers, high chair, pack n' play, toys = YES. Window guards, child proof cabinets,etc. = NO.
The home is crafted to be allergy aware and chemical free: all of the king beds are 100% latex wrapped in wool (natural flame retardant) so no added harmful flame retardants, the full beds are wool, cotton and latex and flame retardant free. The all cotton linens laundered in the most natural ways with no petro-chemical detergents leaving them pristine and all house cleaning is done with natural agents.
The lay-out and location of the home is a restful and relaxing space - perfect for a group in town for work, fun or both!
With key code access you will have two spacious and bright floors of the house and the front (covered) and back patio space to yourself. There is also parking for up to 2 vehicles in the driveway.
Garage and master bedroom walk-in closet are not accessible to guest groups - there is a separate 6' closet in the master with California Closet organizer to offer ample drawer + hanging space
GROUND FLOOR/BASEMENT SUITE: It is also important to note that there is a one bedroom, one-bath ground floor/basement in-law apartment on the first floor of the house that is not included when you rent the upper two floors of the home. It may rented with the 4 bed The Ballard House - please see The Ballard House Craftsman listing for availability. The apartment entrance is on the north side of the home. There is an interior door that is locked on both sides. You may see the other guests in the side yard coming and going, but each space is completely separate/no shared space.
September 8th 2017-October 28th 2017 & 2018: only the 4 bed/2.5 bath upper two floors of the home is available to rent, the entire home listing is not since there will be a fantastic repeat guest group staying in the ground floor/basement suite in town visiting family and grandchildren. They are very mindful and lovely and travel with their well behaved tame and quiet therapy dog. There is an internal locked door in between the space as well as a staircase and they use a totally separate external entrance. You likely will not hear or see much of them outside of coming and going.
Interaction with guests
We are remote hosts but always available and responsive via the message system, text and email.
We have moved out of the house and the home is clutter free. All personal possessions in the home have been removed, the items left in the home are for guest use and enjoyment. This is now primarily a second home for us.
We love Ballard and Seattle and are available to offer up suggestions to fantastic restaurants, shops, local tourist attractions and highlights and much more.
We take great pride in our home and want all our guests to have a wonderful time. The home is meticulously maintained and we are up checking on the home often, although sometimes things break and it may take some time to replace some items. Please do get in touch at anytime before, during or after your visit. If we do not hear from you, we will assume everything is fine and we will leave you alone.
Other things to note
Please do read through the whole description before you ask to book so you understand the lay-out of the home and that this home offers 4 bedrooms upstairs and an optional 5th bedroom that is the main floor office with a futon that folds out into a full bed. There is an additional twin rollaway if needed.
Please make sure you group is well suited for the upper two floors only and can adhere to 'quiet hours' of 10 p.m. - 7 a.m. since there is a basement suite rental as the lower floor of the home (locked off w/ a separate external entrance). If anything is unclear, please just ask, we are quick to respond!
This listing does not allow the following: no events, gatherings, additional non-overnight guests. Please see The Ballard House Craftsman for availability and in general we only allow small events like corporate retreat, brunch, lunch, baby shower and must be disclosed in advance/while booking the home.
We use an external pricing system that fluctuates based on supply & demand - higher during 'peak season', weekends and holidays and lower off-season and certain days of the week. Price is subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Discounts given for guests groups that stay 7 nights or longer & should automatically generate a discounted price quote for your group.
We follow first paid, first accepted when it comes to confirmed bookings and your reservation is not confirmed until we receive confirmation (i.e. inquiry is not considered a booking). The space can book up quick, especially during peak season, please plan accordingly.
2 night minimum September-October, 4 night minimum November - April, 7 night minimum peak season and holidays. We will allow a shorter booking here and there if wedged in between 2 longer bookings.
The home offers a security system and EXTERNAL cameras for the safety and security of our home. The external cameras are located by each external entrance, the side of the home that monitors the driveway/street/sidewalk.
The home is located in an urban, very animal friendly city! We love that the street is tucked away from the 'hustle and bustle' and it is a relatively quiet street but it is located in city and the homes are within close proximity to each other. Please note: many of the neighbors have dogs and cats and chickens and you may see or hear them out and about and/or hear them. We barely noticed any animal noise during our 6 years living in the home as well as when we visit Seattle and stay in the home ourselves, this is more of an fyi so there are no surprises as you should expect to hear a dog bark or a chicken here and there or see neighbors walking their dog when outside. The home is really well insulated so you likely will not hear much noise while inside the home (with windows closed).
Chickens: the City of Seattle allows chickens, many residents in Seattle, Ballard have chickens and our neighbor 2 houses to the south is one of them. We barely notice them, but you may hear them here and there when outside.
The home is really well insulated and quiet so any animal, child or neighbor noise is in reference to when one is outside enjoying the deck or yard or if the windows are open.
All are welcome at The Ballard House Seattle, and we have successfully hosted wonderful groups in town for business, vacation, weddings, families, etc. It is advised to familiarize yourself with the listing and rules to ensure the upper two floors and neighborhood are a good fit for your group and you may always reach out before booking and ask any questions!
This space is best suited for non-late night party type, rule-following groups that have read through the description and understand there are 4 bedrooms upstairs + optional 5th bed/office on the main floor & that there is a locked off basement suite on the lower floor/behind the garage.
By reserving this home, you are agreeing to rent and abide by the following terms and conditions:
1) We strictly adhere to and follow the City of Seattle 'quiet hours' from 10:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m. - home is located in a nice, quiet residential part of Ballard, please help us continue to be good neighbors by being mindful of noise during your stay in the home, especially when using the yard and decks. Groups that rent the upper home should also be aware of their noise level in the home, especially late at night. If you are one that likes to make a lot of late night noise this space may not be a good fit as noise will transfer to the suite. We recommend you take a look at The Ballard House Seattle Craftsman (whole house rental).
2) Smoking - absolutely no smoking or vaping INSIDE THE HOME at any time for any reason.
3) Illegal activity is a NO and will result in immediate eviction with no refund.
4) We prefer no shoes be worn in the home, and absolutely no high heels in the home at anytime for any reason.
5) Maximum guest count is strictly enforced - groups that exceed the maximum occupancy of 10 at any time for any reason will be removed from the home. We may allow a slightly larger group upstairs with children that understand no late night noise (after 10). Please message us with group size so we can explain what the house offers in terms of beds. In general, groups larger than 10 should rent The Ballard House Seattle Craftsman, which allows for larger group and can comfortably acomodate from 4 up to 15.
6.) Check-in/out: We cannot acomodate early check-in May-September and can acomodate on a case by case basic (2 hours each way). Any group that departs later than 15 minutes after the clearly posted check-out time will pay $100 additional cleaning fee.
7) Ground Floor/Basement Suite: Please note September 8th 2017-October 28th 2017: only the 4 bed/2.5 bath upper two floors of the home is available to rent, the entire home listing is not since we have rented the ground floor/basement suite to fantastic repeat guest group staying in the ground floor/basement suite in town visiting family and grandchildren. They are very mindful and lovely and travel with their well behaved therapy dog (golden retriever). We hosted this group in 2015 and there was absolutely no impact to those staying upstairs, outside of maybe an occasional bark (we staying upstairs several times during their stay in the suite and heard nothing but want to disclose this is possible to hear some minor noise transfer). There is an internal locked door in between the space as well as a staircase and they use a totally separate external entrance. You may see them coming and going but you likely will not see them outside of this. Please reach out with any questions or concerns about this set-up.
8) Please note that we are remote hosts and the home offers a security system and EXTERNAL security cameras for the safety and security of our home. The cameras are listed in our description and photo caption several times. The security system is disarmed in advance of your stay, although we will provide you with a code in the event you decide to use during your stay. the cameras are located at each external entrance and on the SE corner of the home which monitors the driveway and sidewalk and a smidge of the side yard.
9) We provide a variety of items for guest use and enjoyment during your stay, we re not liable for mis-use of items at anytime for any reason.
10) Ballard is a safe, wonderful neighborhood HOWEVER It is advised you lock all windows and doors while staying in the home, as well as when you are not using the home. We are not responsible for guest safety and for any lost or missing personal possessions.
11) Please remember to LOCK door when you depart at all times. Check-out procedures are optional, but greatly appreciated if you have time.
We expect all groups follow City of Seattle guidelines for garbage, recycling and compost and the cleaning fee covers general cleaning of entire home. Please leave the home in tidy condition, start dishwasher and throw in a load of towels or sheets. Please LOCK the door when you depart.
The house is stocked with complimentary water, snacks/welcome basket, basic supplies (laundry soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc) and essentials (toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, spices, olive oil.
Tara & Ron
This host has 29 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We are a family of 5 that moved back to the Pacific Northwest 7 years ago. Tara is from Western Washington, Ron is from outside of Vancouver, B.C. and has lived in Vancouver, B.C., New York, NY and Seattle, WA. Tara has lived in Portland, Or; Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY but considers the NW home. Ron and Tara have traveled extensively for work and pleasure and enjoy staying in various homes. . Now that have 3 children it is extremely challenging to attempt to stay in a hotel and we love having the extra space and experiencing the feel of home to relax and enjoy time in a new city! We want this space to feel like home for all of our guests.
In our free time Ron enjoys tinkering with technology and computers, building things and fixing stuff and Tara enjoys reading, knitting, running, fashion, bargain shopping, going to garage sales, drinking lots of good coffee and anything that has to do with design!