Explore. Relax. Unwind. The Ballard House Seattle Craftsman is a 3600 SF, up to 6 bedroom home. It is meticulously maintained, comfortable and stylish in-city home located in the fantastic, family-friendly, popular BALLARD neighborhood with a public beach, microbreweries, excellent restaurants and boutique shops. After a day of exploration and fun you will look forward to relaxing in this built in 2011, eco-friendly, air conditioned, inviting home.
The Ballard House Seattle Craftsman is over 3600 SF classic craftsman home (built in 2011). Up to 15 in beds, ideal home for business travelers (up to 10 single beds incl rollaways), corporate staff retreat, groups in town to attend a wedding or family reunion, perfect for a long weekend getaway, family share, or groups in town to attend an event at one of the many popular venues. With the home situated over 3 spacious levels, there is plenty of room to relax and unwind.
4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms & laundry room are located on the upper floor. You will find 3 king beds - latex, medium firm , 2 full beds - cotton/wool/latex-firm, all beds offer a wool or down topper and wool mattress protector. There is a cot size rollaway located on the upper floor.
The open concept kitchen/family room is absolute perfection - the kitchen is fully equipped to prepare a gourmet meal and enjoy a good cup of coffee with a quality espresso machine and a variety of coffee options. There is also a formal living and dining for intimate conversation and games.
The main floor office can serve as an optional 6th bedroom and offers a futon with spring mattress that pulls out into a full size bed with a down topper. There is a twin rollaway bed kept in office. Please note: the full futon and twin bed are not set up unless requested by guest group in advance (or guest are welcome to set up as needed)
GROUND FLOOR/BASEMENT SUITE:
If it is privacy you seek and/or you would rather not climb stairs, look no further than the ground floor/basement suite that offers a cozy approx 650 SF 1 bedroom/1 bathroom apt/suite with king bed, additional cot size rollaway bed in closet in a bag, pack n'play, spacious living room, full bathroom with 2nd W/D, internal door (can be left unlocked or locked), a 55' flat screen with over 290 premium channels, Netflix, DVD player.
Please note: we can make access to the ground floor suite available through the garage with advance notice, please.
The bedrooms and living space all generous in size and well-appointed with quality furnishings and decor.
There is plenty of space to relax, unwind, and enjoy your stay in Seattle without feeling cramped! You will love that this home is located on a quiet, residential street but is short walk/drive to wonderful attractions and amenities in Ballard and Seattle!
All three floors of the home, yard, driveway and decks are yours to enjoy. 4 bedrooms up, 1 bedroom in the ground floor/basement suite, 1 optional bedroom on the main floor (office).
You will receive a welcome email and pre-arrival information in advance of your stay. On check-in date you will be provided with a key code access you will have access to the entire home and you may come and go as you choose.
Three of the exterior doors offers key less access for easy 24/7 check-in and an interior door can be closed or left open - it is up to your group!
Please note: the garage and master bedroom walk-in closet are not accessible to guest groups - there is a separate 6' closet in the master with California Closet organizer to offer ample drawer + hanging space.
Interaction with guests
We are remote hosts and will be available by text, phone and email. The home was our primary residence for the past 6 years so we have put a lot of time and thought into making sure the home is a great space to relax and unwind while in Seattle. We are also firm believers all you should need to bring with you is clothes and food so basic essentials are plentiful. We have moved out of the house (including all personal possessions and belongings, the items left in the home are for guest use and enjoyment). The home is now primarily a second home for us and we are easily accessible via email, text, and phone. We love Ballard and Seattle and are available to offer up suggestions to fantastic restaurants, shops, local tourist attractions and highlights and much more.
We take great pride in our home and want all our guests to have a wonderful stay, but ask that all guests be mindful of the neighbors. The home is spacious, bright and meant to be enjoyed! Please do get in touch at anytime before, during or after your visit with any questions or suggestions you may have. If we do not hear from you we will assume everything is fine and we will leave you alone.
Other things to note
The Ballard House Seattle LLC is a registered, furnished short-term/corporate rental located in the Ballard neighborhood in the City of Seattle.
BOOKING MINIMUMS: 3 night minimum for weekend stays, 5 night minimum peak season and most holidays, We may allow a shorter booking only if we can fit in between other bookings.
September/October - the entire home is UNAVAILABLE to book. 9/8/17-10/27/1 we have the repeat retirees stay in the home and they rent the ground floor/basement suite. The upper two floors can be booked and please see our 4 bed/2.5 bath listing - upper 2 floors can acomodate up to 10, possibly 11 if children in your group. Please See The Ballard House Seattle for rates and availability.
Commercials/photographs/production etc: Require a minimum 4 night booking, extensive conversation about the size of crew/impact to the neighborhood AND proof of insurance. Additional fees may apply.
Events & Wedding parties: we do not allow large gatherings, events or large wedding related events. We host and enjoy groups in town for a wedding and have hosted many groups successfully. This is a quiet, residential street- many guest groups book the home because they are seeking a serene, relaxing environment away from the 'hustle & bustle' but want quick access to the amenities. Due to the potential impact to disrupt the neighbors we do not allow events and no large wedding events, UHauls, rental vehicles and/or blocking the street with excessive vehicles etc. Getting ready, bridal party gathering, etc. all fine, basically a very small gathering of 15 -20 people maximum is considered on a case by case basis. Failure to comply will result in immediate cancellation of your reservation and eviction.
Small previously disclosed events always welcome and include corporate staff retreat, baby shower or small birthday party or dinner party/ BBQ considered on a case-by-case basis.
Tours: we cannot acomodate tours - we keep our listing very accurate and up-to-date - the photographs accurately describe the home and are constantly updated + we have a video of the space we can send to you or just search the name of our house and it should come up on Utube. If you feel you still need to tour the home a tour will require booking of the home for a 1-night stay and is based on availability.
We use an external pricing system based off supply & demand - higher during 'peak season' and holidays, lower off-peak and certain days of the week. The price is subject to change until reservation is confirmed and we do not offer discounts except for longer stays (7 nights or longer). If you need to coordinate logistics with your group, message me and I can send a pre approval that will lock in the price for 24 hours, although we typically are unable hold dates so the dates will remain open until a reservation is made and the booking is confirmed (we can sometimes hold for a very short period if you are booking several months in advance). A booking is not considered confirmed until payment has been received , guest has agreed to terms and conditions and we have received confirmation of the reservation.
It is not uncommon for the house to book up quick and in advance so please plan accordingly, an inquiry is not considered a confirmed booking.
The house is located on a quiet street in a residential neighborhood with awesome neighbors that we enjoy and like very much. It is NOT a good fit for those looking for an all-night party house or to extend an invite to 25+ of your closest friends. This is a house meant to be enjoyed and the maximum occupancy is 15 including any non-overnight APPROVED day guests.
Early check-in/late check-out: no early check-in/late check-out May-September - we often have guest groups departing and arriving same-day and it is already a very tight turnaround for the home to be cleaned and thoroughly checked. ON a case by case basis we generally can open up the lower/basements suite to groups starting at 1/2:00 p.m. for early use and /or for bags to be dropped in the ground floor/basement suite. Off-peak we will acomodate early check-in/late check-out up to 2 hours early/late and is subject to availability/not known until 24 hours prior to arrival/departure. Please plan accordingly.
All are welcome at The Ballard House Seattle Craftsman whole house rental. It is expected that groups respect the maximum occupancy of 15 including any non-overnight guests AND day guests should depart in advance of 'quiet hours' or be included when booking your stay.
By reserving this home, you are agreeing to rent and abide by the following terms and conditions:
1. We ask that all guests be mindful of noise at all times. City of Seattle quiet hours from 10:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m. and are strictly enforced - no noise should escape the yard, or decks. It is recommended that any loud conversation should be moved inside the well insulated home.
2. Owner is allergic to some pets, specifically pet hair and why we do not allow pets - service animals only with proper disclosure and please provide advance notice since we will need atleast 24 hours in between guest groups to properly clean the home so we cannot allow a back-to-back booking with a service animal.
3. No smoking or vaping of anything inside the home and no use of illegal substances allowed in or around the home. We prefer no smoking outside although if you choose to smoke outside the home please disregard any evidence of smoking and put in the external garbage can or take with you when you depart.
4. Any non-overnight guests must be approved (written permission) and depart prior to quiet hours. Very small, non-disruptive events to include a corporate staff retreat, board meeting/retreat, brunch, baby shower, child party, etc. are generally allowed as long as disclosed during the booking process. An additional $50 cleaning fee may be required.
5. We prefer the upper two floors of the home is shoe-free and absolutely no high heels may be worn in the home - please leave shoes out on the covered front porch or directly inside the home.
6. Children MUST BE supervised at all times and child equipment is provided for ease and convenience. Children are not allowed on the front or back deck or master bedroom deck without a parent or guardian.All doors leading to each respective deck must remained LOCKED at all times. We also highly suggest supervision and guardians pay extra attention when a young child is using the front or back stairs.
7. The home is meticulously maintained and thoroughly cleaned and inspected in between each guest group, although there is often a tight turnaround between groups so please notify us immediately if you notice anything is damaged or broken.
8. Check-in time is 4:00 p.m./check-out time is 10:00 a.m. so the home can thoroughly be cleaned and inspected in between each guest group. Anyone that would like early check-in/late check-out must receive written permission from the owner. We will open up the basement/ground floor suite for bag-drop usually around 1:00 p.m. day of check-in and/or extended check-out when possible for up to 2 hours after usually check-out time (as late as 12:00 p.m.).
9. We are not responsible for guests personal possessions and it is expected guests will keep track of their own belongings at all times.
10. We provide a lot of complimentary items for your use and enjoyment but we are not held liable for accidents due to misuse of any item at any time for any reason.
11. Please understand as is clearly listed in our description the home is sometimes vacant and we are remote hosts. Because of this there is a security system and EXTERNAL CAMERAS located by each external entrance as well as on the front of the home that monitors the side and driveway/sidewalks/part of the yard/deck, we view cameras as a must and similar to any quality hotel! There are no internal cameras and no internal monitoring devices of any kind at anytime for any reason. While the external cameras are on 24/7 they are not monitored 24/7 but the owner reserves right to review any and all camera footage for any reason at any time.
We work hard to be great hosts and want every quest group to have an excellent stay in the home. If anything is unclear or a guest group has a specific need, we make ourselves available to answer any questions you may have -please get in touch should you like further clarification prior to booking (or after booking, that is fine too!).
Tara & Ron
We are a family of 5 that moved back to the Pacific Northwest 7 years ago. Tara is from Western Washington, Ron is from outside of Vancouver, B.C. and has lived in Vancouver, B.C., New York, NY and Seattle, WA. Tara has lived in Portland, Or; Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY but considers the NW home. Ron and Tara have traveled extensively for work and pleasure and enjoy staying in various homes. . Now that have 3 children it is extremely challenging to attempt to stay in a hotel and we love having the extra space and experiencing the feel of home to relax and enjoy time in a new city! We want this space to feel like home for all of our guests.
In our free time Ron enjoys tinkering with technology and computers, building things and fixing stuff and Tara enjoys reading, knitting, running, fashion, bargain shopping, going to garage sales, drinking lots of good coffee and anything that has to do with design!