Do you have dreams of living off the grid in a quaint cabin!
If you are looking for a unique experience in a beautiful natural area and would like to experience life in an off-grid "tiny cabin" we welcome you to join us at our woodland paradise!
Our tranquil cabin is has no electricity and is totally off grid. It is an affordable getaway that offers something for everyone - ranging from energizing adventures to relaxation.
Located on 10 private acres of forest on the Consecon River in beautiful Prince Edward County, this cozy off grid cabin is the perfect way to unplug and get centered. The rustic cabin has a one bedroom loft overlooking an open concept kitchen, dining and living area. The inside kitchen has everything you need to prepare that perfect meal, then grill your masterpiece on the new gas BBQ in the outside cook house.
Reconnect over the fire or relax on the private deck overlooking the river and take in all Mother Nature has to offer.
*Loft bedroom – Queen size bed sleeps 2 - ladder access
*Futon in living area is loft is not what your looking for
*Outside deck overlooking the river with patio furniture
*Deck chairs with cushions & deck swing
*Dinette table & chairs
*Outside cookhouse with new BBQ grill
*Outside bathroom with flush toilet
*Outside shower with hot and cold water
*Fire Ring for campfires
*Solar lighting on the grounds and in the cabin
*Onsite generator for extra cabin lighting & appliance use
*Canoe use at own risk
*Parking available on site
*There is no running water in the cabin. Drinking water will be supplied. *There is hot & cold running water in the shower and cookhouse.
*Linens (sheets, blankets, pillows and towels) are not provided for bed and bath.
*Since our cabin has no electricity it is not heated so we take reservation from May through October.
*Loft is accessed by ladder - use with caution
From your cabin, you are welcome to wander at will amongst our trails and gardens and see various birds and animals that live alongside the river.
DISCOVER THE PLACES ONLY THE LOCALS KNOW.
Born and Raised in the County we pride ourselves on providing you with County hospitality. We are owner operated and it would be a great pleasure to assist you with booking your County experience.
Our suite is the perfect base for you to explore all the County has to offer. Come play at Sandbanks’ beaches, explore wineries, historic landmarks and other County attractions, or simply rest and relax in your personal oasis.
Prince Edward County is a unique island getaway in southeastern Ontario offering something for everyone: beautiful beaches, scenic back roads for cycling and hiking, a rich collection of colonial architecture, and a vibrant culture featuring fine restaurants and other local culinary delights, wineries, galleries as well as music, theatre, food and art festivals.
* We are 15 minutes outside of Wellington by car and 25 minutes to the Sandbanks Provincial Park.
* Hop on/Hop off Bus: Starting this summer there will be two busses leaving Wellington Farmers Market starting at 10 am and running every 45 minutes until 6 pm. This hop on/ hop off bus visits many wineries, shops and north beach. June 25- Aug 27
* Ideal Bikes: Starting the long weekend in May Ideal Bikes will have a selection of bike rentals for your use just steps from our suites. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
* Spotlight Limousine: provides special events transportation, airport service, Prince Edward County wine tours, and more. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
*Our central location will leave no shortage of experiences to have during your visit.
*On weekends in the summer, “The County” is alive with festivals and markets.
*Feel like a drive? Take in our stunning scenery on your way to some of the best restaurants and wineries in Ontario.
*The Sandbanks is among the largest and most beautiful beaches in Ontario, with golden sand and sparkling water.
Our cabin has key code access which will be emailed a few days prior to arriving.
Please treat our cabin with kindness and leave it as you found it. We have quick changeovers during the summer months.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Renters agree to use the cabin and its facilities in accordance with the booking agreement and the household rules and do so at their own risk and indemnify and save the property owner harmless from any personal injury, sickness or death, loss or damage, however caused to person or property of the Renters, his/her family, or guests during or after the time of occupancy. Further, renters accept full responsibility for the use of this cabin and any recreational equipment such as the Canoe etc, and agree to pay for any repairs or replacement of said equipment, other than normal wear and tear. Renters agree to be responsible for ensuring all Regulations are observed, including having required safety equipment in the watercraft.
1.Make sure the doors are locked at ALL time.
2.River Access: Please be aware that our property is adjoining to the river. Please be extremely cautious when you are near the water.
3.Stove, BBQ & Generator: Please use them responsibly and make sure that they are turned off once you finish. Please cover the BBQ in the cookhouse before your departure.
4. Blankets and pillows are not provided. Please bring your own bed sheet and pillow covers.
5. Mosquito: Mosquitoes and bugs are inevitable as the house is adjoining to the water. Please bring pest repellent and use as you see fit. .
6. (URL HIDDEN) By-law: Lower the volume after 11PM. Voice can be carried a long distance by water, fires must only be in the designated fire pit and must be extinguish after each use.
7. The canoe in the cottage is free to use. However, by using it, you take full responsibility of all liability, costs and damages which might arise from using them. Please exercise extreme caution while on water, and ALWAYS wear life jackets.
8. Emergency: In case of any emergency, please call 911 as soon as possible. There is an Emergency Room in the town of Picton which is about 25 minutes away. The First Aid Kit is stored in the kitchen cabinet.
9. Smoking & Candles: Smoking or the use of open flame candles/appliances are NOT allowed in the cabin.
10. Check-in 3pm; check-out 11am.
This host has 56 reviews for other properties.View other reviews