Wonderful location, close to the museums and to the Vondelpark: a 75 m2 private apartment, with a balcony overlooking a small square. The apartment has high ornamented ceilings, marble mantle pieces, and other charming original (1904) features. And there's a grand piano. Large windows make the apartment bright!
The open kitchen, with its original kitchen tiles, is fully equipped (dishwasher, gas stove, toaster, coffee machine, and microwave) and opens to the balcony. From the balcony, there is a lovely view of the old cathedral-type church, down the street.
Two bedrooms, “en suite":
- back room with a large bed -- 180 cm. (70 inches).
- front room with two (pull-out) single beds.
Walk-in shower with heated floor tiles. The bathroom is circa 3.5 m2 (37 ft2).
The Dutch are well known for their steep stairs, and though the stairs of our townhouse are less steep than others in the city, they are nevertheless rather steep. There are two long flights of stairs leading to the apartment - and no elevator - so the apartment is not suitable for travelers who have difficulty climbing steep stairs.
The staircase leads to three private apartments: one on the 2nd floor, the guests' on the 3rd floor, and the host's (David) on the 4th.
Interaction with guests
INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
Before making a reservation for you, I would like to have the following information about you and your traveling companions:
1) your ages and what you do;
2) where your flight/train into Amsterdam is coming from -- and your expected time of arrival in Amsterdam.
When you arrive, I'll be at the apartment to let you in and to show you around. I live in the apartment directly above and will be happy answer questions during your stay. You can always text or email me.
Other things to note
BREAKFAST is not provided, but there are several excellent places for breakfast close by, if you don't want to fix your own.
SUPERMARKET: a large one is located at the nearby Museum Square, underground (a 3-minute walk).
LAUNDRY: There's a good laundromat just two short blocks away (Banstraat 16).
1. CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT: Often I will be able to arrange a slightly modified check-in or check-out time, but this is only possible if you e-mail me your request at least one week before arrival.
PLEASE NOTE: checking in before 10:00 a.m. or after 8 p.m. is never possible.
2. Out of consideration for the downstairs neighbor, after 11:00 p.m. guests should walk softly, when in the back bedroom. Also, guests should handle suitcases and furniture gently, to avoid disturbing the downstairs neighbor.
3. Loud music is not allowed.
4. I prefer to have guests older than 25 (except if traveling as a family).
No guests below eight years of age.