About this listing
Close to a Redline station (Fields Corners) and Commuter Rail station (Geneva/Four Corners). Fast commute to Downtown Boston, MIT, MGH and Harvard. Gut-Renovated Clean House. Youtube video is available.
Direct access to Downtown via Redline subway and commuter rail. Gut-Renovation was completed in February, 2016. Almost everything in the house is new including the appliances. No washer and drier in the house. A laundromat and a supermarket are located nearby.
Wifi, Full use of kitchen and bathroom (shared)
Interaction with guests
We are friendly, mature and considerate roommates (mixed gender) : highly professional in our respective fields : health care, medical school, higher education : We are all relatively new to this area and have different hours and schedules, doing our own things, but sometimes we dine out together and enjoy BBQ in the back yard.
Peaceful and orderly neighborhood. Near the house are ; an elementary school, a supermarket, a laundromat, many different kinds of restaurants. A large shopping area is also located near the subway station.
A diverse community that includes a large proportion of African-American, Hispanic, and Asian families, along with some young professionals.
A Redline subway station (Fields Corner) is about 13 minute walk and about 7 minute on bus. A commuter rail station (Four Corners/Geneva Ave) is about 4 minute walk. Both lines have direct access to downtown Boston. The location is very convenient to commute to MGH, MIT, Harvard etc.
Other things to note
We are seeking a roommate/guest who is quiet, non-smoking and without pets.
Youtube videos are available (posted by 'A Renovated House in Boston, MA' and titled '76 Olney St. A second floor room'. Thanks for heeding the 'house-rules'.
Unlike most other Airbnb listings, what we do here is long-term rentals by the year, or by the semester.
We try to keep the atmosphere conducive to studying and resting and a couple of house-rules are in place to this end.
1. Towels and linens (sheets, blankets, and pillows) are NOT provided. The bed is full size.
2. No smoking on the premises.
3. No loud music or TV etc.
4. Only for one person (no couples, no visitors). We seldom have visitors, let alone overnight guests. We know this will be a major turn-off to many people, but we believe we can find a like-minded roommate who can have fun outside the house.
5. If you are not sure about your check-out date, you can reserve the minimum days and extend your stay at a discounted rate.
6. Check-in time has to be coordinated at least 48 hours ahead. On arrival, a short registration process with a picture ID is needed in exchange for keys and wifi access.
7. Inside the apartment, we take off our outside shoes. So if you bring your own flip-flops, slippers or some kind of indoor shoes, that will be useful.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 69 reviews for other properties.View other reviews