About this listing
The Cottage is a fully equipped one bedroom just 1.5 blocks from Black's Beach.
The Cottage is a perfect affordable home for a couple or small family, with all the amenities you will need for a memorable Santa Cruz adventure. The living room is especially inviting with comfortable furnishings and ambient lighting. A separate dining room easily accommodates 4 people and the adjacent kitchen has everything you need to prepare meals. The bedroom has a very comfortable (based on past reviews) queen bed with a skylight overhead. There is a sleeping nook off of the bedroom with a day bed which is an inviting spot to curl up with your favorite book and perfect for kids. We have also added a daybed covered in comfy pillows for reading or sleeping in the living room.
Beautifully landscaped gardens and lawn make for a pleasing view from the dining room and kitchen. Fully fenced backyard with gas grill is a great place to enjoy outside meals. Speaking of meals, you can purchase all your ingredients at the farmers market two short blocks away every Sunday. Should you want a night off from cooking, no problem! There are several wonderful restaurants within walking distance. All sound good? Just what you hoped for in a vacation home and location? We look forward to seeing you.
Interaction with guests
The Cottage is set up for you to be able to arrive and depart on your own. However, we are always just a phone call away should you need anything.
LOCATION: The Cottage is located near Twin Lakes Beach and the Yacht Harbor, midway between Capitola and downtown Santa Cruz (both 10 minutes away). There are six fabulous restaurants within walking distance, ranging from a Hawaiian grille to a high-end Italian restaurant, and our personal favorite, Southwest-inspired Nuevo Grill. A short stroll down the beach will bring you to the yacht harbor where you will find the popular Palomar Mexican restaurant and the Crow's Nest. The Crow's Nest is a great place on Wednesday to watch the sailboat races or enjoy the sunset, a glass of wine and a bite to eat. Great appetizers! Also within walking distance is a corner food store, liquor store, deli, coffee house, video store and a farmers market on Sunday
Other things to note
•FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN: Four-burner gas stove, oven, microwave, coffee maker, toaster and blender for your fresh fruit smoothies! All cookware, dinnerware, utensils and linens to set a beautiful table are provided.
•AMENITIES: Cable TV with DVD player in the living room, high speed wireless internet, laundry facilities (washer, dryer, laundry soap, iron, ironing board), fully fenced backyard with gas grill, beach chairs, sand toys, cooler, fully equipped kitchen, high quality linens and towels, board games, books and very important here in Santa Cruz, off street parking for one vehicle and a street permit for another.
•PROVIDED FOR GUESTS: Fresh cut flowers, coffee from Santa Cruz Coffee Roasting Co., information on what is available to do and see in and around Santa Cruz and doggie treats should you desire to bring your pet.
The Cottage is a permitted vacation rental in Santa Cruz County. The County Transient Occupancy Tax of 11% is included in the rental fee.
Tenant must be an adult over the age of 28 and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period. Other occupants will be family members, friends or responsible adults. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the preceding categories, and as a result they would have to vacate the property immediately without any refund. No keys will be issued to anyone who is not an adult. A maximum of four guests over the age of 12 may occupy the Cottage, additional children under the age of 12 may be allowed at Owners discretion.
Tenant will furnish the Owner with a email stating number of adults, teenagers (13-17) and children (12 and under) who will be staying at the Cottage in addition to the number of pets and species.
1. SECURITY DEPOSIT: The security deposit is $500.00 for daily or weekly rentals and $1000.00 for a Month-to-Month rental. Your security deposit is fully refundable within 14 days of termination of occupancy provided that real and personal property are in the same condition as when occupancy commenced and all terms of this agreement are met. Tenant is liable for all replacements and repairs that are outside what is considered normal wear and tear. Upon receipt, your security deposit will be cashed, a new check will be issued for your refund provided it is due.
2.CANCELLATION: See AirBnB policy-strict
3. CHECK IN: Check in time is 4:00 PM. EARLY CHECK IN TIMES ARE ALLOWED ONLY WHEN THE PROPERTY IS CLEANED AND READY FOR OCCUPANCY AND PRIOR APPROVAL IS REQUIRED. Keys will be ready for pick up at property location. Keys WILL NOT be issued with a balance owing, this house rules not being agreed to or an email listing the person and pets who will be occupying the house.
4. CHECK OUT: Check out time is at 10:00 am. Because of the cleaning schedule, you must request 48hr advance approval to stay longer, which may necessitate a cleaning rescheduling fee. Please leave all keys and remote controls at the house. A $25.00/hour fee may be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check out time. A $50.00 fee will be charged for a lost key or remote control. If you fail to vacate property as per the Rental Agreement, an ADDITIONAL fee of $300.00/per day will be charged along with any associated fees or costs to Property Owner for the relocation of incoming guest or others.
5. CLEANING: Each property will be inspected and cleaned after your departure. The cleaning fee included in your rent will provide for two hours of general cleaning. YOU ARE REQUIRED to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure dishes are in the dishwasher and the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted, kitchen and bathrooms sanitized. Please strip the beds of linens and bathrooms of dirty towels and deposit in laundry room. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $30.00 per hour. If your dog is with you, please pick up dog litter daily and dispose in outside garbage can, no digging in the garden, trampling plants or excessive barking. In signing this agreement you are taking responsibility for any damage done to the gardens or property by your animal and any monies needed for repair will be taken from the security deposit or in excess of that will be paid to Kim Cupp.
6. TRASH MANAGEMENT: There are trash and recycle containers on the far side of the carport for your use. All trash must be kept in closed containers and not allowed to accumulate per County Code Section (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). PETS: Well behaved pets are welcome with prior approval. If your pet is approved, you agree to treat your pet with flea preventive one to three weeks before arriving at the Cottage. Please keep dogs in at night and while you are away from the house to minimize barking for the neighbors. We have found that some dogs are not comfortable being left alone for any length of time in a new environment, even though they are perfectly behaved at home. If your dogs are not seasoned travelers or crate trained, please do not leave them alone at the house. We have a doggie daycare center close by where your dogs can have a fun vacation day of their own.....you could even arrange for a groom while they are there! Another option would be to arrange for your pup to stay in someones home on (URL HIDDEN) while you are away....this is what I do and my dog loves it. There are a lot of different homes to choose from to fit your needs. I recommend Christina of Aloha Pets.
Bed and Biscuits(URL HIDDEN) ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). RESIDENTIAL VEHICLES (RV's): The driveway at the Cottage is not large enough to park an RV.
9. PARKING: A maximum of two vehicles are permitted. There is parking for one car in the driveway and a parking permit available for one additional vehicle to park on the street. Fourteenth Avenue and surrounding streets are permit parking only on weekends and holidays. Please avoid parking on the street without displaying the permit as tickets are routinely issued.
10. TELEPHONES: PLEASE BRING A CELL PHONE WITH YOU. The Cottage is not equipped with a telephone.
11. WHAT WE SUPPLY: The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that will include bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, bath towels, and a fully equipped kitchen. THERE WILL BE EXTRA CHARGES TO YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR REPLACING THESE ITEMS IF FOUND TO BE NECESSARY.
12. WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING: Plan on packing your personal toiletry items and specialized beach equipment, some beach chairs will be provided. Since we provide only a limited supply of toilet paper, paper towels, and other dispensable items to get you started on your first few days of vacation, you should plan on making a trip to the grocery store to replenish these items, as you need them.
13. SMOKING: As a courtesy to non-smoking tenants, smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Cottage. If the house smells of smoke after a tenants departure, the tenant will be charged for carpet, couch, blanket and comforter cleaning and additional house cleaning hours to eradicate the odor.
14. TENANTS LIABILILTY: Tenant agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by Tenant or Tenants guests, including, but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, Tenant agrees to reimburse Kim Cupp for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items.
15. SLEEPING CAPACITY: The maximum sleeping capacity of the Cottage is 4 persons over the age of 12. The number of children under the age of 12 allowed in addition is at the Owners discretion. Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit if the occupancy exceeds the sleeping capacity agreed to by the Tenant and Owner and which is stated on the reservation confirmation.
16. RECEPTIONS/GATHERINGS: If the house is to be used for any type of gathering the Owner must be notified ahead of time. Any gatherings agreed to by the Owner can only take place between the hours of 10:00 am - 10:00 pm. The maximum number of persons that will be allowed on the premises at one time is 8 (children under 12 are not included in this count). If the house capacity of 8 persons is exceeded, Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit.
17. NOISE ORDINANCE/DISTURBANCES: Santa Cruz County has limitations on noise and mandates that the hours of 10:00pm - 8:00am are "quiet hours". Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following: A. Violation of the 10:00pm - 8:00am Santa Cruz County Noise Ordinance County Code Section 8.30.010. B.Using the premises for any illegal activity including, but not limited to, the possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by or to persons less than 21 (twenty-one) years of age. C. Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties. D. Any other acts which interferes with neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their property.
18. HOLD HARMLESS: Kim Cupp does not assume liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will Kim Cupp accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control.
19. DECK/PATIO: Tenant hereby acknowledges that the property they have reserved has a porch deck and stairs, the undersigned is fully aware that the deck and stairs can be slippery when wet and that injury could occur to anyone who is not careful. With full knowledge of the above facts and warnings, the undersigned accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of the deck, stairs and the house.
20. CLIFFS: Tenant hereby acknowledges that a large section of the beachfront on East Cliff Drive is filled with “riprap" (a foundation of large rocks piled together to prevent erosion), which is not designed for walking, climbing, or sitting. The Tenant is fully aware that the “riprap" is jagged, unstable, dangerous, and slippery when wet and injury is likely to occur to anyone who attempts to walk, climb or sit thereon. With full knowledge of the above facts and warnings, the Tenant accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to walking, climbing, or sitting on the ‘riprap'.
21. COTTAGE STAFF: A Caretaker will take the garbage and recycling cans to the street on Sunday and return them to the carport on Monday. The Gardener comes unscheduled to take care of the grounds and may access the backyard. No staff member will enter the house without prior notice except in the case of an emergency. Maintaining our Tenants privacy is of utmost importance.
22.REFUNDS. No refunds will be made for bad weather, temporary utility outages or temporary loss of use to items such as furnishings, hot tub, appliances, internet, television, grill or other items. Tenant agrees to immediately report malfunctions, Owner will expedite repairs as much as possible.
23.FAILURE TO DELIVER: In the event that the Owner is unable to deliver said property to Tenant under this lease agreement prior to occupancy because of fire, eminent domain, act of nature, double booking, delay in construction, owner occupancy or any other reason whatsoever, Tenant hereby agrees that Owner's sole liability as a result of these conditions is a full refund of all consideration previously tendered by Tenant. Pursuant to the terms of this lease, Tenant expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Owner be held liable for any consequential or secondary damages, including but not limits to, any expenses incurred as a result of moving for any damage, destruction or loss.
24. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Tenant, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the Tenant, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE RENTING A PRIVATE HOME.
KINDLY TREAT IT AND ITS CONTENTS WITH THE SAME RESPECT YOU WOULD YOUR OWN HOME.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This place would love your review
When you book this place, here’s where your review will show up!