About this listing
SINGLE BED IN SHARED ROOM
in a flat shared with students, artists, young workers
near Venezia Mestre train station
This is **NOT** an hostel, but our home!!!
Come and stay with us if you are:
YOUNG - SOCIABLE - COOL - FUN
We are a group of international students, artists, young and friendly people who share a flat. Sometimes we have one room free and we share it with fellow students, artists, young people temporarily in Venice for study, conferences, art exhibitions, internships and of course also just visiting the beauty of Venice.
We prefer people staying 7 or more days but we don't mind also shorter stays.
You rent a SINGLE BED in a ROOM SHARED WITH OTHER 1 or 2 PEOPLE.
We also live in the flat and we are doing some progressive renovation, so there can also be a little bit of mess around the flat but of course not in your room, that will be given clean and ready.
We are all young people who like to enjoy life.
If you share our spirit and you think that renting a bed in a shared flat suits you better than one room in a b&b or in a hotel, you are welcome!
We will really make our best to make you feel comfortable and provide all things you might need to live in Venice for few days, all fresh infos about clubs, restaurants, events, exhibitions, meeting points, etc.
You will have keys of the flat and you should feel really like at home!
You can use all of the equipment of the house, washing machine, kitchen and fridge that allows to save lots of money in food, Internet and washing clothes.
You can stay on your own or, if you prefer, make friends and participate to common activities, shared dinners together and parties.
- Two shared bathrooms both with shower.
- Washing machine, hair blow dryer.
- A big and comfortable living room and kitchen corner available for cooking, talking, partying all day and all night by everybody in a shared way, it is not allowed to sleep on sofas.
- Big fridge
- WiFi Internet
- One PC that is available for shared use of everybody.
As per Italian law regarding rental apartments, there is NO BREAKFAST PROVIDED and no cleaning services during your stay. It's a fully self-catering and autonomous apartment. Anyway we provide some complimentary food in the flat and there are cheap supermarkets, bars and restaurants around.
In the immediate proximity there is
- A minimarket
- A pizzeria with wood oven (Delicious! The original way to make pizza!)
- Tobacco shop and several bars
In the surroundings of the flat there are very cheap and good supermarkets and any kind of shops, also ethnic (Indian, Chinese, Bangladeshi, African, Russian, Romanian, etc) plus normal and cheap Italian restaurants (much better quality and lower prices compared to the tourist area)
We are constantly updated on all necessary information about the city: transport, attractions, events, shows, concerts, open air cinema, nightlife, etc
Our goal is to give you the most updated and fresh information to enjoy your time in Venice, that is not necessary an expensive city if you have the right information! For example, you can:
- Use the Internet, kitchen, washing machine FOR FREE!
- See one of the few original gondolas remained in Venice FOR FREE!!!
- Try the gondola for ONLY 2 EURO!!! Yes, TWO EURO!!!
- Taste a slice of the probably best pizza in the world for 2,5 EURO!
- Drink the best Spritz (venetian drink) or Prosecco with free snacks buffet for 4 EURO or with free food (pasta, risotto) buffet for 7 EURO!
- Eat the tastiest Tramezzino (famous venetian sandwich) for 1.50 EURO!
- Taste the best icecream of Venice, a huge scoop for 1.50 EURO!
- Enjoy lots of free concerts, dance parties, events.. FOR FREE!!!
- Spend a lovely day in nearby Padova or Treviso for 6 EURO return ticket
- Spend a whole day on 5 or more islands of the Venetian lagoon and hopping on and off waterbuses for just 20 EURO
- Spend three days in all islands of the Venetian lagoon and beach hopping on and off waterbuses for 28 euro (if you are younger than 30yo)
Are you ready to have a wonderful Venetian experience? Come and stay with us! :)))
Our flat is located in Venezia Mestre, the mainland of Venice, not in the Historical Center, the famous part with canals and gondolas.
To go to Venice Historical Center you need to take the bus or train and takes exactly 10 minutes. Buses run all day and all night, so there is no limit of transport, you can get home comfortably at any time, even in the middle of the night.
The flat is in a strategic position:
- 2 minutes walking to Ve. MESTRE train station (every single train with destination or departure Venice stop there)
- 1 minute walking to the ATVO bus terminal for the VCE airport (Venice Marco Polo) and TSF airport (Venice Treviso)
Buses to/from Venice Historical Center (island part) run all day (every 2-5 minutes) and all night (every 20 minutes), one ride costs just 1.30 euro and it takes just 10 minutes to get there.
It's also possible to get to Venice Old Town by train (less frequent, 1,20 euro).
- Cheap parking area on the street in the surroundings
- We have one safe private parking space for one car (10 euro extra/day)
Other things to note
*** PRICING FORMULA ***
The price is calculated this way:
- Cleaning fee (includes all arrival costs, so cleaning the room, providing clean bedsheets and towels, toilet paper, soap, shampoo, check-in process)
- Daily price for rental of the room
If you need a safe parking for your car, with previous agreement, we can provide it.
Contact us for an accurate quote for medium and long stays (more than 1 week) or for special needs.
Special agreements available for students, artists, ... or young people ready to help in the flat and/or in our artistic activities (we are also on WorkAway).
If you are interested in such opportunities please contact us!
*** ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE ***
We have our own life so you have to let us know your arrival time few days in advance. You can't just show up at the apartment because nobody will be there. If you have a phone that is able to send sms/text messages it will be very helpful.
On the day of arrival your bed will be available from 2pm.
It might be available earlier if the previous night there were no guests on the same bed of if they left early morning.
You can arrive anytime even before 2pm. If the bed is still occupied or not ready you can still use the common living room and leave your luggage.
On the day of the departure you should leave the room generally before 12 (noon) but you can use the common areas of the flat.
If there are no guests arriving that day you can keep the bed also later than 12 (noon), we will talk about it.
*** BEFORE ARRIVAL ***
It's extremely important that you will tell us, as soon as you know them, and at least 3 days before your arrival:
1) how will you arrive to Venice (flight? train? bus? private car? shared car?)
2) your arrival time to the Venezia MESTRE train/bus station or VCE/TSF airport
3) the train or flight number and expected arrival time
4) your phone number (if you have a phone working in Italy at least to receive sms)
IMPORTANT: If you fail to provide timely these informations your booking might be not guaranteed. We are NOT a hotel or a business b&b with 24h reception, we have our own life.
*** ON THE ARRIVAL ***
The arrival from the airports and the train station is very easy and we provide you detailed instructions. Look into the DIRECTIONS field in the Airbnb app (look under "My trips") and in the Booking Confirmation email.
If you don't find it (most people don't....) let us know and we will send you a link to it.
It's really convenient if you print/shapshot them so you have on hand on the day of arrival.
The arrival time is normally based on your train/flight arrival time and will be agreed with you, by Airbnb message or SMS/(website hidden).
We ask you the flight/train number exactly to be able to check for flight/train delays.
You are expected to come directly to the apartment from the train station or bus station. Please consider that there is someone waiting for you if you decide to stop somewhere to eat/shop/anything.
If you are more than 30 minutes late you are expected to inform us by SMS/(website hidden)/Airbnb message, else we might not guarantee the booking.
*** DURING THE STAY ***
1) Respect all the other people living in the flat (bedrooms are quiet, living room is party area)
2) Smoking is allowed only in the living room near the window, keeping it open, not if somebody is cooking or eating and just if the people present are okay with it.
3) Turn off the lights when not in the room/bathroom.
4) Wash dishes and kitchenware after the use and put back in the correct place.
5) Dispose the garbage as per Venice law (clean paper/cardboard - clean plastic/metal/glass - organic waste - batteries/electronics/medicines - all the rest).
6) On first arrival you are required by law to show your passport/ID and sign the paper form of rental agreement
7) If you break/damage anything, tell us about it and we will find a solution.
8) When you check out, leave the information booklet and the keys in your room.
*** IMPORTANT ***
We are NOT an hotel and NOT a b&b.
We are a private apartment where some students and young workers live.
We rent out parts of our apartment without any services included (no breakfast, no cleaning service of the area we rent to you).
The rental is done according to the italian laws regarding "Locazione di parte dell’abitazione principale" (rental of parts of the home).
Guests are expected to be in the 18-40yo age range.
*** SUSTAINABLE LIVING ***
We don't tolerate any unnecessary waste of energy or resources or uncorrect disposal of rubbish.
This host has a Flexible Cancellation Policy
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 24 hours of the trip and the first night is non-refundable, with the exception of fees.
This host has 757 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
photographer (Tom Prospero ph) and IT consultant
starting new businesses in Internet while dealing with old ones offline
shares a big apartment with nice students and expatriates
likes to meet people, share dinners and laughs
speaks in Italian, English, Russian, Spanish and is studying French, German
on fаcеbооk you can find me searching for "Tom Venice Tom Prospero ph"
Likes to do
Portraits, Photography, Glamour and Art, Business management, Personal Consulting, Massage, Falling Asleep While Cuddling, Sleeping, Cazzeggiare, Cantare a squarciagola in macchina, Coccole, Fare l'amore, Reggicalze, Estate, Bacio Sotto La Pioggia, Piumone, Smiling, I love summer, Swimming, Carnevale di Venezia, Vespa, Sauna, Playboy, Forte Marghera, It's my time - Benetton Global Casting, Spiaggia di notte, Festin bueo, Grattini, in pigiama tutta la domenica, il Mare, Victoria's Secret, Suicide Girls
Music, art, artists, shows, books he likes
Reggeaton, Contemporary R&B, Italian Pop, Acid jazz, Disco, Reggae, Silk road projects, Pitura Freska, Patrizia Laquidara, Paola Cortellesi, Beyoncé, Daft Punk, Elio e le Storie Tese, Björk, Jamiroquai, Shakira, Atlas Shrugged, Il corpo delle donne, Amelie, Eyes Wide Shut, Into the Wild, A Clockwork Orange, Report, The essence of decadence, Soul & Dance, Veneziacomix, Chyngyz Aitmatov, Ferzan Ozpetek, Paolo Bitta, The Little Prince, Luciana Littizzetto, Silvano Agosti, Fabio Volo, David DeAngelo, Quelo, Andrea Camilleri, Le Iene, Woody Allen, Angel Chen, Romina Mondello, Ausra Osipaviciute Photography, Alberto Sordi, Ayn Rand, Michelle Hunziker, Roberto Benigni
Websites he likes
Fаcеbооk, World Nomads, (website hidden), Gооgle, My Personality, Techlovers, The Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Al Vapore Bar e Musica, Passive-Aggressive Notes, Chatroulette
Food and drinks he likes
Vegetables, Italian cusine, Chinese cusine, Sachertorte, Baci Perugina fan club, Ice cream / Gelato, Pizza, Vino, Erdbeere, Spritz, Patatine Fritte, Il tramezzino, Tiramisù, Acqua pubblica, Olive Ascolane, Mozzarella, Maionese, Cappuccino, Cornetto caldo di notte......., Salame di cioccolato, Pasta, Mojito
Inspirational people for him
Dalai Lama, Albert Einstein, Marco Travaglio, Osho, Massimo Cacciari, Margherita Hack, Giacomo Leopardi, The Volcanic Ash Cloud!, Paolo Attivissimo, Cheburashka, Grande Capo Estiqaatsi, Greenpeace International, Barack Obama, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)