A beautiful mountain retreat to unplug and unwind – relax in your private studio located just outside of Carbondale. Our home is perfectly situated to tour Glenwood, Carbondale, Basalt, and Aspen; and just far enough away from the bustle of the city. Soak in the hot tub while gazing at the stars, cook in your full kitchen with eggs from our organically-fed hens, go for a hike just outside your doorstep, or read a book on your own private patio – you’re in the perfect place to enjoy it all!
Our garden-level studio apartment is bright, clean, quiet, and comfortable. The studio is a completely separate attached unit of our house - we live upstairs. The studio has a new queen size bed, a sleeping/sitting nook, a full kitchen (minus microwave), a bathroom with shower & tub, and its own private covered porch & entrance. It is quite comfortable for two people, but can sleep three if your third guest doesn't mind being extra cozy in the sleeping nook! Let us know if you need the nook made into a bed - the dimensions are ~6 ft long and 2.5ft wide. Our 3 acre mini-farm is an active environment that includes 13 chickens and an organic garden; you may hear or bump into us in the front yard tending the garden, feeding the animals, or coming home from work during the weekdays! We welcome you to enjoy our hot tub during your stay - stargazing while soaking is one of our favorite pastimes. One benefit of being slightly out of town is the almost complete lack of light pollution - the sheer number of stars you can see is breathtaking! We stock the studio kitchen with fresh eggs from our hens, butter, coffee and tea, organic half and half, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. In the bathroom you'll find plenty of fresh, clean towels, shampoo and conditioner, soap, and various other toiletries and first aid items.
The studio is located on the left side ground floor of our home. It can be accessed through the private covered porch. We ask that you wander around the studio-side of our home, as our residence is located on the opposite side.
Hot tub is available to guests from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Access the hot tub is via the dirt side path by the studio.
There is no cell service at the house, but the wifi is fast and abundant! If you have iPhone you can turn on wifi calling and use your phone as normal.
Interaction with guests
We love having guests and meeting new people. Our hosting and travel style is low-key and relaxed. We enjoy socializing, but also respect the privacy of our guests. We are happy to answer questions you have during your stay and welcome you to check out our guide book on our favorite things to do in the Roaring Fork Valley: https://www.airbnb.com/things-to-do/rooms/12627124
Other things to note
A couple of things to clarify:
1) Our home is 10 minutes from the center of Carbondale, 15 minutes from Glenwood Springs, 15 minutes from Basalt, and 35 minutes from Aspen. It's close to town, but feels miles away.
2.) We recommend 4-wheel-drive vehicles in the winter. This is Colorado - and you never know when the snow can hit! The road to our home is paved the whole way, but in ice and snow, roads in the Roaring Fork Valley can be precarious.
3.) We allow one well-behaved pet to travel with you, an additional pet requires a $20 additional cleaning fee. Two pets maximum, please.
3) Our neighborhood is very quiet in terms of human/vehicle noise. Our chickens make clucking sounds when they are laying, but our coop is located on the opposite side of our property from the house so it's not annoying :) Most of our guests love our chickens, but if these kinds of noises will bother you, it might be best to choose another location.
If you have any questions, please ask us. We want our guests to know what to expect from the space and the area and we are glad to help in any way that we can.
Please familiarize yourself with these rules before your stay, it helps us all have an enjoyable time on our beautiful property:
- No smoking anywhere on the property, please.
- Hot tub hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. - please respect these hours, as our bedroom is adjacent to the hot tub. Please rinse bathing suits thoroughly and shower before entering the hot tub!
- During winter and snowy times you will need an all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive vehicle! Our home is located at 7,000 ft, and the snow can get very deep. Our driveway is plowed, but steep.
- Please do not leave your pet alone inside the studio and keep him/her on a leash at all times! It is important that their accompanying adults be very attentive to them as the house is situated on a steep hillside where there is cacti, rocks, and wildlife. This is a farm, and we need to keep all its residents safe and happy!
- Please do not go inside the chicken coop without us accompanying you.
- Our water comes from a well so we ask our guests to be mindful of water use. We are also on a private septic system so please - only toilet paper (septic safe) down the drains.
Thank you for taking the time to read these, we hope you enjoy your stay on our beautiful farm!