Private suite (bedroom/attached study), perfect for writer, poet or dreamer. Streamside room, full of light adjacent to meditation/yoga room, views of garden, woods, and bridge. Fast/free WIFI. Perfect getaway for one. Walking distance to Lab of Ornithology. Women only.
This is a brand new, lovely suite with a private bedroom for one and an attached sitting room/study. The space overlooks the gardens on one side and the stream and bridge on the other. At night, you can hear the gentle stream. The space is private, quiet, and well lit. It is attached to a small sustainability and meditation center and suburban farm. We are a short walk to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and a seven minute drive to Cornell. Your stay includes shared use of the meditation room, patio, sustainability library and excellent classical record collection. You may be greeted on your arrival by a very large, loud and friendly Golden Retriever named Dobby (like in the Harry Potter books) who is as utterly harmless as he is throughly loving.
You will have access to the kitchen for your breakfast and any vegetarian meals you may wish to prepare, the small sustainability library in the center, and the meditation room. You are welcome to stroll in the gardens.
Interaction with guests
I will get you checked in and oriented and then leave you in peace to enjoy this truly quiet space. I am always available in the event of an emergency. I live here.
Other things to note
I ask that guests keep their personal things in their rooms and do their own dishes. Some events (my poetry group, for example) happen in the shared spaces during the day.
1. Please no smoking or vaping indoors or out. I know they are not the same, but we do not allow either.
2. Please do not wear your shoes in the house at all.
3. This is a vegetarian household. Please do not bring meat products into the house.
4. We will show you where to park. It is off-street. The area is safe, but please lock your car at night.
5. No one but the registered guest is allowed to come into our home. Please do not book if you plan to have visitors.
6. Quiet hours are from 9:30 at night until 7:30 in the morning. This is a quiet residential neighborhood.
7. No illicit substances please.
8. We ask that you kindly keep all your personal effects in your room. You are welcome to enjoy the entire house, but we ask that personal items (chargers, cosmetics, computers, etc.) be kept in your room.
9. Before you book, please be sure that your Airbnb profile shows a clear, front, full facial photograph of the person staying (and making the reservation) and that you have written a short bio about yourself. Airbnb is based on trust, and we are welcoming strangers into our home as honored guests.
This host has 139 reviews for other properties.View other reviews