About this listing
Welcome to our "mod" cottage, just 2 miles from downtown Nashville! All of East Nashville is growing and changing, and Cleveland Park is no exception - the cottage is located in a transitioning but safe urban pocket of vibrant East Nashville, with longtime neighbors (they'll probably wave).
2 miles "as the crow flies" (and a $5-10 Uber/Lyft) to downtown, and even closer to East Nashville's famous 5 Points. Technically it would be walkable, but without a car, Uber/Lyft are best bet.
The "Mod Cottage" is furnished with Scandinavian, midcentury mod (MCM) and cottage-style furniture and finishes, with heart-pine floors, a fresh, sunny kitchen with vintage feel and open shelving, and two well-appointed beds/bedrooms with Queen beds (featuring Casper mattress!).
Perks of staying at our Mod Cottage:
- We stock good coffee, tea and basic condiments for your morning ritual.
- Queen-sized Casper(!) mattress.
- Fast wi-fi and a kick-ass record player (play from our eclectic selection at the cottage or bring your own).
- Consider us your concierge: we provide responsive communication on specific food/cuisine needs, music venues, special events. Happy to make a reservation on your behalf, or anything within our power and knowledge set!
- With a bit of advance notice, we are happy to grab anything within reason that will make your stay worthy of a 5 Star-Airbnb review. That's our goal!
The whole house is yours to roam: enjoy your coffee on the generous front porch, gather with friends and spin records with a beverage in the cozy living room, or make a meal in the open, Scandinavian-style kitchen.
Interaction with guests
If I'm in town, I'll meet you upon arrival and give you a quick tour, then stay out of your way. I'll just be a text or phone call away, should you need me, and I'm always good for a restaurant or local bar recommendation!
East Nashville is arguably one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in the Southeast right now. The cottage is located in Cleveland Park, which is a newly-transitioning pocket of East Nashville. We feel very safe here, and it's a diverse, eclectic experience; it's an exciting time. Our neighbors will likely wave and say hello as you'e in and out during your stay. Our favorite coffee shops and restaurants are close but just beyond being walkable, but the location is a perfect launch pad for your Nashville stay - only 2 miles from downtown ("as the crow flies") and just a $5-10 Uber/Lyft ride to all the downtown/lower Broadway venues and Titans Stadium.
Without a car or rental, Uber/Lyft are your best bets from the airport and to get around here - you're a $5-10 ride (depending on time of day) to downtown (2 miles away as the crow flies). Our favorite East Nashville haunts are closer, but still probably just beyond true walking distance.
There is also bus transit available walkable from the house if that's your speed (pun intended); it's called the Nashville MTA for (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) purposes.
Other things to note
If you're interested in doing a photoshoot or small event at the house, please contact us for pricing.
[*We seek to provide you with high value in a great neighborhood. Your nightly rental rate takes into consideration that we pay over 15% in Davidson County hotel taxes/Tennessee Sales Tax (9.25%).]
Most important? Make yourself at home and enjoy the unique experience we've created for our guests.
***No illegal activity of any sort - not even the socially-acceptable sort.***
- In general: please abide by the golden rule. Please respect our neighbors with your volume inside and in outdoor areas. (They've lived here a lot longer than us - 30 to 40 years, respectively - and we want to honor that. They'll likely wave hello to ya!))
- Feel free to cook in the kitchen - it's furnished with basic pans, mixing bowls, and knives! Please leave it as you found it.
- Do help yourself to coffee, tea, and/or any beverages that we may keep stocked.
- Smoke if you like, but please do so *only* outdoors and clean up after yourself.
- We have the house professionally cleaned, but do please make sure your dishes are cleaned and that everything is in the general place that you found it upon arrival. This helps keep our cleaning fee down.
- Besides that, enjoy the house! We've put time and energy into making this a beautiful and comfortable place to stay. Please be respectful of the furniture and accessories (much of it vintage) that we've lovingly collected; everything in the house is special to us and we want you to enjoy them.
- Thanks so much and we look forward to hosting you and your group!
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 105 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm a songwriter, collector (of art, midcentury furniture and textiles) and entrepreneur. I'm a foodie and a "pretty good" home cook that likes to share meal or glass of wine in community with those I love (including new friends). Life is what you make it.