Big Bright Private BedRoom on Fabulous 14th Street: East Village near Union Square / Gramercy. Quiet room. NYU, Peridance, New School, Parsons, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's nearby. Walkup apartment on the 5th floor of prewar NYC townhouse. (100+ year old building) High ceilings, spacious, comfortable, artsy, relaxed, clean, homey. A/C WiFi
Comfortably furnished, large private bedroom in huge 3 Bedroom / 2 bathroom apartment. Share common space with chill arts professional / grad student & a sweet cat.
Big Bright Bedroom is quiet, faces away from the street.
This is a furnished room available in a really huge cool artist's apartment. It is spacious, homey and comfortable. In walkup townhouse. It's on the 5th Floor so be ready for some "NYC crossfit": 4 flights of stairs to climb with no elevator. (Old building circa 1904)
Very Bright with skylights, (we have the whole top floor), fully equipped spacious kitchen, spacious comfy living room, two bathrooms, hardwood floors, high ceilings. This is a serene, creative safe haven for busy people. Nonsmoking household.
Private bedroom. Respectfully shared kitchen, bathroom and living room.
Interaction with guests
I'm friendly, but I am pretty busy! So I'll be available for a basic hello & to give directions but not any serious hand-holding. Yay.
Other things to note
This is in a walkup apartment on the 5th floor. so there are four flights of stairs. NYC living will keep you fit! There is one sweet cat. It's an old building, so if you like old school huge comfy homey places, this is right for you. It's not modern at all!
No parties. If you're a party animal that's awesome; please go find someplace else to stay. Be respectful. No smoking inside the apartment. Not 420 friendly. No pets, please, cause I already have an awesome kitty and she's a little awkward about sharing her space.
A Few Ground Rules
No Smoking. No parties. This is a really relaxed and friendly environment, serene and chill. Here's how it stays that way!
- Apartment safety:
- Please take care to lock the door behind you as you leave and when you enter.
- The intercom is near the door closer to 14th St. You have to TALK REALLY LOUD to be heard on the street. It's super noisy down there.
- Don't let in strangers.
- There is a fire extinguisher next to the sink in the kitchen and in the hall near the back (north) entrance to the apt. There is a small ladder there as well.
Please clean up after yourself in common spaces:
- Wash your dishes promptly
- Leave the sink clean & clear.
- If you spill something, please wipe it up.
- Also sweep up your crumbs, etc.
- ALWAYS Keep the drains clear of Hair
- AND Rinse or wipe the sink & tub after use.
- Please avail yourselves of the cleaning supplies under the sink if things get dodgy.
- The trash can ought to be double-lined, & the lid needs to be closed.
- If the trash gets full, please take it out to the galvanized can in the stairwell. Close the lid tightly.
- We recycle paper & cardboard / bottles, cans, plastic & metal, all the bins are in the kitchen, labeled.
- Flatten cardboard boxes / rinse cans and glass before recycling.
- Please, don’t ever leave food or trash in your bedrooms.
- We have two brooms in the hallway off the kitchen, you may avail yourself of those periodically.
- I'll show you how to set up the washing machine.
- Please don't overload the washer or the dryer.
- Please clean the lint filter in the dryer after each load, it saves energy and your clothes will dry faster!
- We prefer airbnb guests NOT have additional guests, it's best to socialize outside the apartment. But if there's an occasion that a friend will stop by, please give plenty of advance notice and be respectful of this shared space.
- Guests must stick with you instead of hanging around the apartment without you. (You know this already, right?) : )
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View other reviews