For the cost of renting just a bedroom, you'll be ALONE in our peaceful cabin, with access to the entire 1st floor and its' amenities. Off the beaten path (a 1-1/2 mile gravel road ride), but just 15 mins to downtown Blue Ridge, serenity and comfort awaits! If you're not used to country roads, you may want a AWD vehicle to be comfortable driving up the last 1/10 mile to our place. We call our place 'Joyful Spirits Cabin'. Check out our reviews to see how our past guests describe our place!
Enjoy the privacy of this cabin. The main floor includes bedroom with Queen bed, full bathroom with shower tub, fully-equipped kitchen, great room with dining area for 8, living room with 60" flat screen, dvd player, back deck (screened) with dining area, rocking chairs, and grille (propane provided). There's even a sofa sleeper (full) in the great room for that extra guest and a massage recliner to use after you've hiked through the beautiful woods!
Guests will have access to the entire main(first) floor of this cabin, including front and back decks/porches. Carport parking is also available.
Note - Owner will not be staying at the cabin during your rental period.
Interaction with guests
While I'll be in contact with you prior to your stay, your on-site interaction will probably be with one of my two sisters, who have homes adjacent to my property. They will check you in to my cabin, and provide any assistance you might need during your stay.
If your trip is focused on a special event you're planning - ie- birthday, anniversary or other surprise, just let us know and we can help you with any special pre-arrival arrangements for the occasion.
Other things to note
Remember... our place is fairly remote. Travel to our cabin includes about 1 1/2 miles on a gravel road and about 1/10 mile up a hill. While 4WD makes it an easier ride for non-country folk, it is not necessary. Let us know if you have any other questions about our location and directions!
Pricing Questions - Prices for our place are somewhat seasonally based, although there is not much of a variance. There is a cleaning fee charge, but the owner pays all local and state occupancy taxes. Compare your "total" pricing when looking to book a stay on Airbnb.
Before you place a reservation request, however, please ensure you read all of our listing, and especially the House Rules. Submitting a reservation request for our cabin denotes that you agree to all of our House Rules once your reservation is confirmed.
If you have ANY questions, feel free to reach out and ask! Thanks for your interest is our place!
I ask that you treat my home as you would treat your own. There is NO SMOKING on the premises (inside or out). Please enjoy the selection of reading materials and games available, and like all other items in my home, please ensure they remain in my home when you depart.
Listed below are additional House Rules that all guests agree to when submitting a reservation request for our cabin. Thanks!
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside or outside of the cabin.
2. People other than those in the Guest Booking party may not stay overnight in the cabin.
3. This home/cabin is privately owned: the owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while in the cabin or outside property. The owner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest(s). By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others who they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking: Parking is limited to one vehicle. Vehicle are to be parked to the side, front of cabin, or under carport provided.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabin.
9. Fireplace: The fireplace is a non-operational firebox. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace. Candles are provided within the fireplace. We ask that they are extinguished whenever guests leave the cabin, both during, and at the conclusion of their stay.
10. Water and Septic: The cabin is on a well and septic systems. The septic system is very effective; however, it may clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time.
11. Roads: Access to our cabin requires travel on dirt/gravel mountain roads. Final ascent to our cabin (approx. 1/10 mile) up a hill can be a rough and bumpy ride, depending on weather-induced road conditions and/or guest vehicle. If not familiar driving country mountain roads, we recommend four-wheel drive vehicles, especially during any periods of snow.
Owner of cabin is not responsible to any damage to guest vehicles or property caused by driver and/or road conditions.
12. Walking/Hiking: Guests are welcome to walk/hike about the outside property. Guests should note that the outside terrain can be steep and uneven in some areas and should exercise care and caution in walking the surrounding area.
Easy going and recently retired early. Pursuing my love of travel with an adventure out West. First stop...California for an 18 month stay. My sisters, who live up the mountain from my Mineral Bluff cabin will check you in and be available to assist you when you visit us!