About this listing
Peaceful, comfortable guest house with spacious living room and kitchen on site. Fresh country air, queit surroundings, beautiful sunrise and sunset.
Clean, comfortable and spacious guest home on 5 -acre land. Wifi available. No TV.
The main room has a full size bed and a set of bunkbeds. Upper bunk is off limits for very young children and bigger adults.
The 2nd bedroom has a twin bed with a pull-out twin trundle bed. I will provide futons on the living room floor as needed for additional guests after 5. And also there are 2 couches.
If you are a group of 5 or more, I can make an available an additional bathroom in the 3rd bedroom that is set up as a classroom for additional of $20 per booking upon inquiry. There is a shower, a sink and toilet. This bathroom is off-limits to children due to miscellaneous science glassware.
I teach classes for a few hours on Mondays and Tuesdays in the 3rd bedroom. If you need to book on those days, please inquire. A 20% discount will be given for that day if you are willing to share the house with for those few hours. Most guests are out during that time anyway and they do not even see those few students.
Entire house. Kitchen, laundry and living room. Guests may take a walk around the 5 acres for exercise, fresh air and enjoy the animals and the beautiful views.
Interaction with guests
Yes, I will be reachable by text and phone within the hour unless I am teaching a class. Do not hesitate to contact me with any concerns or questions. Text is the quickest way to reach me. I enjoy having guests. Let me know how I can help make your stay a pleasant one!
3 mins from Hwy 101, surrounded by wineries, 8 mins Gilroy premium outlets, 15 minutes from Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park, 40 mins to Mt. Madonna and the beach, 1 hour to Pinnacles National Park, 32 mins to downtown San Jose, 1 hour to San Francisco airport. You can have it all here!
Other things to note
There is so much nature to behold. House is located on a small beautiful gated ranch. Surrounded by properties with acreage. Horses, goats, cows and peacocks in the neighborhood. Very peaceful with views of the east and west hills. Watch the sun rise and the hills turn magnificent gold when the sun sets, hear the roosters, enjoy the fresh eggs available for purchase for breakfast, be amused at African guinea hens chase after each other, sit by the fire and gaze at the most beautiful night sky ever!
1. Only paying guests are welcome on the property. We live on the property. For security reasons, we are aware of who comes and goes. Please reserve for the correct number of people to avoid embarrassment. We would like to keep the cost down for singles and couples by charging per person. Please do not abuse our desire to make this place affordable for everyone.
2. Please wash your own dishes. Be water-wise. Maid charges from your deposit $25/hour to wash your dishes.
3. Please turn off all electricity and turn off/down the heat/air when you are not in.
4. We are on our own septic system. It is more sensitive than what most city people are used to. Please do not flush anything unnecessary, including excessive toilet tissue, down the toilet. Use the trash can instead. It cost a lot to call the plumber.
5. Please do not eat in the bedrooms. This will help keep cleaning costs down. Our sheets and towels are white and will show the slightest stain. Our maid has to use strong chemicals to remove oily food stains.
6. Make sure the door is tightly closed. Critters from the land would love to share the warm house with you!
7. Please do not allow young children on the upper bunk.
8. Young children must be potty-trained or be in diapers. Cleaning from accidents will be taken from your deposit.
9. If you break anything, or if anything is not working efficiently, please notify me ASAP so that we can work something out and I am able to get things fixed before the next guests.
It is our pleasure to host you. Thank you for being considerate guests!
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
Moving to Back-to-Eden Ranch was a dream come true for me. Slowly but surely, my husband and I are in the process of transforming this place into a paradise for our kids and grandkids. Although this involves much work and labor, it brings us joy to watch our grandchildren's contented faces all stained with juices from the tomatoes and berries they pick. Watching my younger kids diligently caring for their chickens assures me that they will grow up to be responsible adults. Although my partner-in-life – my beloved hubby – spends all his free time tending to this land, I know it is good for man to connect with his garden again. As for me, being a mother, a grandmother, a wife, a teacher, and everything else that I am reminds me I have a lot to thank God for in this life.
As a host: I like to give my guests their privacy. I think most guests just want a clean, peaceful place to relax.
Favorite Book: This Present Darkness
Favorite Song: This Little Child