Our ranch-style home is situated on a quiet cul de sac in a family neighborhood. Located conveniently across the freeway from Bacara Resort, Camino Real shopping center and UCSB.
Your sunny private bedroom has a comfortable queen-sized bed, 2 side tables, a bench, and a closet. Your bathroom with tub is semi-private & clean.
We have two elementary-aged children who are fun & respectful. We have a dog, a cat, a fish and 2 chickens.
Your room will be sunny for most of the day with warm, buttercream-colored walls, a bright window with a street view of our cheerful cul-de-sac. The Queen-sized bed is new and comfortable for 1-2 guests. A full-sized closet with mirrored doors has hangers & plenty of space for your suitcase. Floors have new carpet for maximum comfort.
The entire house is a 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom ranch-style home that we have with our 2 kiddos (5.5 yrs & 8 yrs) and I work from home. We have a dog, a fish, three chickens (they stay in the side yard) and a cat. The cat WILL NOT be in your room at any time (unless you leave the door open).
Your bathroom is private! We provide cozy towels, shampoos/conditioners samples, a hair dryer, and a room fan.
Guests will enter through the front door via lockbox. Their private room is down the hallway, second door on the left. The room has a lock that guests have a key to for maximum privacy.
You are booking a room in a house, not the entire house. Kitchen use can be arranged for longer stays. Just inquire! If you bring home food after your dinner at a restaurant, you can just make a little room in the fridge in the main kitchen. No problem.
Interaction with guests
If I can not meet and greet you then room keys will be placed in lock box and code will be messaged to guests a day or two before arrival, before check in time (3pm)- we have found this easiest for our guests to be independent and able to arrive without having to coordinate a specific time with the host.
We work and play at home. We work to make your stay pleasant and try to accommodate bathroom and shower needs- Hasn't been an issue thus far.
Kitchen use for longer term stays only- please inquire at time of booking.
You are booking a room in a house not the entire house ;)
We'd be happy to give recommendations for all there is to see and do around Goleta & Santa Barbara! We are home sometimes during the day but usually home in the evenings getting our kiddos ready for bed, doing homework, etc.
Other things to note
We expect our guests to keep "quiet hours" from 10pm - 7am. No smoking on the premises please. We prefer if you park right in front of our house.
- Please read all rules before requesting to book and note in your initial email that you've read and understand the house rules.
- We hope that you will love and respect the home as we do. We keep a very clean home and hope that you will leave it the way that you found it.
- We are a non smoking home and ask that you smoke off property. Fee $300 if you smoke inside or on property.
- Kitchen use for longer term stays only- please inquire at time of booking. There are many restaurants just across the freeway for you to enjoy.
- Please always lock the front door (coming and going) as it doesn't self lock. We have had a lot of issues with this rule. A fee of $50 per infraction will be charged. Lock door at all times. Thank you.
- We are not loud, late night partiers and hope that our guests will enjoy their stay in Santa Barbara, but return home using indoor voices after 9pm :) please be quiet until 7am.
- We are typically up at 7am and asleep by 10pm.
- Please do not bring anyone who was not on the initial reservation home with you or into our house-Safety first. Any additional guests not registered in the initial reservation will cause the guest to forfeit their deposit and Airbnb will be notified and you will be asked to leave.
- If you lose the keys there will be a $250 charge to replace them.
- Please clean your hair from the shower drain.
- Please refrain from leaving food in the room- we have covered garbage and recycle in the kitchen and big bins outside for stinky items :)
- Please ask us if you have any questions. We work and live in the house, so in an effort to keep some space for ourselves we are strict on the house rules.
- Parking is street parking only.
- *If you lose the keys there will be a $250 charge to replace them and rekey the house.
- *Please clean your hair from the shower drain & take water wise showers- 10 minutes or less. California is in a drought, yes even with the rain we are still in a drought.
- Guests are asked to remove sheets only on departure for housekeeper.
- Please do not enter any cupboards/closets marked PRIVATE- they are not for guest use. We are happy to tell you where you can find certain items you may have forgotten, but our private home isn't open for guests to take and use whatever they need. We have lots of amenities in the room.
- Thanks and we can't wait to meet you! :)