HC SVNT DRACONES - Here be Dragons.
Nestled between 8 hectar of mature Cabernet Sauvignon vines and guarded by the majestic Simonsberg lies a farmhouse lovingly restored to give you every creature comfort imaginable. The only noise that could disturb the sound of silence is an acorn clattering on the roof or a rooster crowing in the distance.
24 Hour security gives you complete peace of mind and easy access to the property.
The wrap around "stoep" makes for easy and relaxed summertime living. The garden is planted with a riot of old fashioned plants and borehole water ensures that it is always looking its best.
Bath time has the best view in the entire Banhoek Vallei, so be sure to linger.
You can cook up a storm in the kitchen and I promise you anything tastes better when eaten off my Granny's Dinner Service.
Pop out to Tokara Delicatessen for a brunch or Delaire Graff Estate for a light lunch under their magnificent oak trees.
The entire home is at your disposal. It is ideal for 4 guests plus a young adult - although the property is ideal for huge parties and celebrations our house rules state that you may only invite 8 guests to share the amenities at any stage.
No additional guests allowed to sleep over please.
Should you wish to add another 2 people to your booking please view and enquire after the Drakenzicht Homestead Studio.
Interaction with guests
I live in Gordonsbay about 40 kilometer from the farm. I will be able to assist with any dire emergency.
Other things to note
Langverwacht Landscaping visit the gardens once or twice a week to ensure that it remains pristine for your enjoyment.
- Smoking is not allowed at all.
- Access to be granted to domestic staff to tidy and service the property at agreed upon times.
- Fires made in the fire pit to be doused before retiring, or as soon as the wind picks up. No fires to be made when there is wind as this could result in an uncontained fire that could destroy all our vineyards as well as the farmhouse. Cape Town has a history of unchecked fires so please take extra care in this regard.
- Children over 12 are allowed but only if they can swim as the swimming pool has no safety net.
- No more than 8 guests when you entertain please and no guests after 23h00. Absolutely no sleepovers of guests not booked under the original booking.
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View other reviews