About this listing
Funhouse Downtown is located in the beautiful Palota District, in the very heart of the historical Budapest. With the party district (including the most famous ruin bars, pubs and street food places) only a few hundred meters away, we can say that this apartment is located in the center, yet not on a busy street.
Sightseeing, going out and enjoying Budapest only by walking, then having a good night sleep in a king size bed with good matrasses... that is our offer :)
Come and stay with us!
About the apartment:
It is a whole flat just under your control :) Including your own bathroom, living space, kitchenette and sleeping place.
Our brand new apartment got completely renovated in June 2016.
The place is equipped with super fast 240 Mbit/s internet, and a professional wifi router, so working, streaming, downloading, etc. shouldn't be a problem :)
The apartment has a big (180x200) kingsize bed with proper matrasses to ensure a good night sleep, and a collapsible sofa bed (140x200), so we can host a maximum of 4 guests.
We offer a fully equipped kitchen, with 4 sets of plates and other utensils, wine glasses, a microwave oven, a fridge and a dual electric stove with pans and dishes.
We grant you fresh towels and everything you will need for a good night sleep. We have a washing machine as well so you can clean your clothes if you would like to.
About the house:
As this is a very old historical house, with a ceiling height of 4 meters, so we created inner floors in the apartment, the stairs connecting the floors are big and wide, so it is absolutely convenient to walk up and down.
The house itself is the oldest house in the street, and back then at the end of the 19th century, it was a luxury resort built by the city's major to host himself and his family. The guy was called Szentkiralyi Moric, and the street where the house is located got named after him. We have a big tree in the middle of the garden of the house, which got planted by the granddaughter of Moric more than a hundred years ago.
History at your doorsteps, literally :)
You will have your own keys, and no one else will have access to the apartment, but you.
You have your own shower, toilet, kitchen, and everything that you can see on the pictures.
Interaction with guests
Our policy is to have at least one personal interaction with our guests, so we can make sure that you arrived safe and everything is ok with the apartment.
You can always reach us through phone, sms, email, etc.
It is fair to say that the apartment is in the center. It is pretty easy to understand Budapest if you look at a map:
- Most of the things are in Pest, Buda is more residential and there are basically two things to check there: the Castle and the Geller Hill. But those are must see :)
- Pest is basically divided into half circles by the main boulevards or ring roads. If you look at the map it becomes pretty easy to understand.
The outermost half circle around Pest is called the M0, and it is a motorway. It is mainly rural, and you will never get out there if you don't have a car :)
The biggest half circle already inside the city is called "Hungaria ring", and that is more the industrial area.
Almost everything what is interesting in Pest is located inside the third half ring, which is called the "Grand Boulevard", it goes from Margit bridge to Petofi bridge.
And then we have the "Small Boulevard" which is basically the very center of the city. The apartment is located between the Small and the Grand, closer to the Small Boulevard.
It is very close to the "Party district" which is the most vibrant part of the city, full of bars, ruin pubs and very nice street food places (the party district is basically that part of the VII-th district that is located between the Small and the Grand Boulevard. Our apartment is on the very border of the VII-th and the VIII-th. So you need to walk roughly 400m-s to be in the vibrant place, but yet you can still sleep in a more relaxed area, called the "Palota District" which used to be the richest area of the city 150 years ago, so it's full of very nice buildings.
Bottom line: the center of Budapest is rather small, everything is in walking distance. You can grab your daypack in the morning, have a good coffee, and then just walk around very easily, as you are right there in the center :)
Some key spots, and the distance of them from our apartment according to :
- Airport - Best to do with Taxi (20-25 EUR), and can easily take up to 1 hour during rush
- Nepliget Bus Station - 35min with Metro line 3 (blue line)
- National Museum - 300m, 2mins walk
- The Grand Synagog - 500m, 7mins walk
- Simpla Kert, the most famous bar in Budapest - 750m, 8mins walk
- Gozsdu Garden, the best bars in the city - 850m, 10mins walk
- Deak Square, the very very center and best open space bars - 1000m, 11mins walk
- The Danube Riverfront - 1500m, 15mins walk
- The Castle, for this you may want to catch a bus, but still, it is much better on foot - 2,9km, 35mins walk
Some useful places around:
- Supermarket - we have Spar on the corner of the Szentkiralyi and Rakoczi str, some 200m walking
- We have a pharmacy on Rakoczi str, next to the Spar some 250m walking
Finally some recommendations on what to do and where to eat, nearby:
- Best cheap street food - Bors Gastrobar
- Best bistro restaurant - Fricska
- Best cocktail - Farm Gastrobar
- Best pub (selected by TripAdvisor as best in the world in 2015) - Szimpla Kert
- Best wine bar - DiVino in Gozsdu or DiVino next to the Basilica
- Best coffee - Budapest Baristas
- Best todo in the morning - Grand marketplace, next to Fovam square
- Best todo in the afternoon - Climb the Gellert hill and watch the sunset from the Citadel
1. Easiest is for sure: by foot! Everything is so close, and you can catch the vibe much better.
2. You can get a Budapest Card with free public transport and multiple free entrances included.
3. You can just buy a big bunch of tickets and move around as needed by our superior public transport system, called BKV Tickets for every means of transportation should be always purchased prior to travel, and then validated on the bus/tram/etc.
4. You can rent a bike from our BUBI system
5. You can always grab a taxi, but always go by the meter. Fares inside the inner city shouldn’t be more than 5-10 EUR per ride.
Other things to note
Who are we and what is the FunHouse group?
This is a family owned business, ran by Lilla and Akos (That's us :) ) a young couple working in the IT industry. We travel a lot, and have been to a lot of places around the globe, so we know exactly what a traveler needs. We decided to start our own apartments here in Budapest, and this proved to be a good decision, as the apartments are very successful :)
If you stay in one of the members of the FunHouse group you will always have the same experience driven by the following core values:
- Central location, main attractions always in a walking distance, yet not on a busy street to ensure a good night sleep
- "Life tested", which means that we spent several weeks in every apartment as a guest of our own, to fine tune the details, and find out what you would need as a guest
- Designed by us, we don't believe in mass production living spaces, so all of the apartments are finished and decorated by us, so you will always have the personal touch that makes things a bit unique
FUNHOUSE Adventure, FUNHOUSE Downtown, FUNHOUSE Comfort and FUNHOUSE Cozy Garden are located in the same building with entrance doors only a few meters from each other, so if you are traveling with friends, and would like to be close to each other, do not hesitate to check our other listings as well!
Smoking is not allowed in the flat.
Please keep calm after 10pm. This house is an old historical place, not for house parties, but more for sleeping and relaxing.
Please inform us if you arrive after 9 pm, as we are not living next to the apartment. If you arrive after 9pm, we have a late night check in price if you want the contact person to wait for you after 9 pm but you can even check in on your own without any additional fees. You should ask for more details if you would a late check in.
Thank you :):)
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 279 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a tipical hungarian young woman: I studying at University (called: Corvinus University - Marketing major) and I have a part time job (at Microsoft).
I love smiling people, travelling, I love to eat and try something new.
If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact me!
I hope you will visit my apartment and you will enjoy every seconds of Budapest :)!