Families, couples, small group retreats, nature lovers, hikers, meditators, photographers, writers, yogis is your heart yearning to re-connect with the mindful presence of your soul? Healing 10-acre retreat located in the heart of breathtaking Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area only 2 miles from the beginning of 60 sacred waterfall and forest day hikes, including 20 min from Multnomah Falls & Bridal Veil Lakes and 40 min of PDX/Downtown. Spectacular views and magical forest for exploring.
Mindful Heart Forest Retreat Guidelines
With deep gratitude & blessings we offer this sacred forestland property encouraging mindfulness and heart connection with ourselves and each other through meditative views, peaceful silence, animal visitations, forest trails & surrounding Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. We invite you to be still, breathe and listen for your heart’s inner guidance.
• PREP: We highly recommend packing in food and supplies for the duration of your stay for optimal enjoyment of the secluded forest, as the nearest amenities are 20-30 minutes. You may prefer travelling to our retreat in an SUV not only for better viewing of Mother Nature’s scenery, but also for our ½ mile gravel driveway, although our Prius has worked fine going slow. In winter, traction devices are highly recommended. We also advise researching local Columbia River Gorge wildlife for your information and comfort.
• DIRECTIONS: GPS will mistakenly indicate you have arrived BEFORE you reach our access driveway off E Haines Road, so we recommend carrying these written directions, especially if you are arriving after dark: From Portland, take I-84 East. Take Exit 22 towards Corbett. Turn Right onto NE Corbett Hill Road. Turn Left toward Historic Columbia River Highway. After passing Portland Women's Forum Viewpoint on your left, take Slight Right onto E Larch Mountain Road and follow about 1.5 miles. Turn Left onto E Haines Road and follow approximately 2.2 miles. At the cross street of Alex Barr Road, turn Left onto our gravel driveway. (Do not take Alex Barr Road, but note it is the shortcut to all the waterfall hikes of the Gorge.) Follow “44443” green address markers and take the first fork to the Right, then take 2nd fork to the Left up an incline (almost before you reach the end of the straight driveway).
• DRIVEWAY: Limit speed to 10 MPH for safety of wildlife as deer & elk herds are occasionally crossing and please pull to the side and stop for an approaching vehicle to pass. Our three neighbors are long-time friends and a friendly wave is appreciated.
• PARKING: Be extremely mindful to drive outside the circle turn around (inner rock and grass boundary) to not damage the ground level septic pipes. Please park in front of the garage on the brick driveway facing the house (additional guest parking is toward barn). Please leave the circle driveway clear for turn around.
• WELCOME: Our deepest appreciation for respecting the healing energy of our retreat as a drug-, smoke-, chemical & fragrance-free zone. Natural scents in personal products, like essentials oils, are appreciated. Thank you for always removing shoes at entry and wearing socks to keep carpets clean as well as keeping outside doors closed to keep bugs/critters out. The thermostat may be off when you arrive. We appreciate your conservative energy use by using standing fan/open windows or layering clothing as needed. For extreme heat or cold, locate thermostat at the top of the basement stairs to turn on pre-set schedule. Please keep doors & windows closed if AC/HEAT is on. Extra bedding and pillows for sofa sleeper and queen are located in third level closets. Extra folding chairs are in the kitchen pantry and outdoor chairs are on back deck or in the garage. Extra kitchen, bathroom, laundry or cleaning supplies are located under sinks, in the kitchen pantry, or in the tall, white cabinets in the garage.
• FOR YOUR SAFETY: SUPERVISE CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES, especially on the stairs, outdoor decks, near top floor windows, and hammock chairs, and please bring stair gate for young children. The safest place for young children is the first level play room. Please do not allow children to swing or spin in the hammock chairs. The chairs are for relaxed, viewpoint sitting or cuddling with your child (Each holds up to 300 lbs.)
• HOME CARE: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than septic safe toilet paper or allow food scraps to go down the kitchen sink (please dispose of in trash). (If other materials obstruct the system, guests could be liable for damages up to $2500.) Thank you for leaving kitchen clean, food put away and empting trash each night to prevent ants or field mice from entering the home. We also ask that you eat only in the dinning and kitchen areas for the same reason. Be mindful of our older, sensitive toilets. Please hold toilet handle down when flushing until the bowl empties and use plunger as needed. Please handle the black ceramic cookware with care and use medium heat for best performance. Turn heat off before meal is ready, as electric cooktop stays hot longer. Please hand-wash kitchen knives and plastic and when running dishwasher, push in the two, top rack rail supports to insure the door closes properly and prevent water leaking on the floor. Wash on energy saving setting whenever possible. Thank you for making sure children leave toys, games or crafts the same or better than they found. And, because we use nature’s air filters—indoor plants for retreat guests’ optimal wellbeing, if your stay is longer than a few days, they greatly appreciate loving attention with watering or deadheading as needed. Thank you for letting us know immediately of any house maintenance issue, such as a leak in plumbing, a malfunction of an appliance or if anything gets broken.
• FOREST MEDITATION TRAILS: Our two trails on the property begin to the side of the garage driveway--to your left if you are facing the front of the house. The summer forest grows quickly, so please feel free to bring the clippers and gloves located in the garage tall white cabinets with you to clear your way. The shorter, 10-minute "Deer Trail" forks to the right into a grove of old-growth fir trees with two meditation benches. "Elk Trail" to the left is steeper and longer, 25 minutes, along an old logging road to a creek and cedar rest area. Hiking shoes, long sleeve shirts and long pants are recommended. Be mindful to “leave no trace” & take only samples of plant species in abundance.
• CELL RECEPTION & INTERNET/WIFI: Cell phone reception is usually best in the master bedroom or family room area near the sliding glass window. As we encourage unplugging from usual habits in order to connect more with nature and each other and many of our guests are sensitive to Wi-Fi, Internet and Wi-Fi are not available although can be turned on for additional $75 fee.
• HOLISTIC LENDING LIBRARY: If you find a book or magazine you like from our Lending Library, just text the title and return by mail within 6 weeks to our San Diego Address: 1934 Dain Drive, Lemon Grove, CA 91945
• SUMMER SEASON ONLY: We greatly appreciate guest’s help watering blueberries to the right of the garage, outdoor plants in the front circle, or near front porch entrance.
• OFF LIMITS: Hunting of deer, elk, or any wildlife is NOT permitted at any time. This season the barn and bar area on first level are off limits for storage and the hot tub and wood stove are not functional at this time. You are more than welcome to explore all outside lower decks for bird watching and sunset views. The two closets in child’s upstairs bedroom and area on top of tall, white cabinets in the garage are also not available for storage of personal items.
• GARBAGE & RECYCLE: Please put trash in black can and recyclables in large blue can in garage. Oregon requires separating glass into small yellow bins. If you stay over a Monday evening, please put the trash, recycle and bins out for pick up Tues am by 6:30am, even on most Holidays. Contact to confirm.
• EARLY CHECK-IN OR LATE CHECK-OUT: Please text or call if you will arrive earlier than 4pm or stay later than 11am as we need to coordinate our cleaning schedule and additional fee may apply.
• Please wash your dishes, put away items taken out, empty all trash and recyclables, strip beds of used SHEETS & PILLOWCASES ONLY (not comforters or blankets) and put with used towels on top of the washer, clean the frig of your food, check for left personal items, turn thermostat to OFF if used and lock all doors, except house door to garage exit. Thank you from our heart center for your support and loving care of our home and property.
• We deeply appreciate your review on Airbnb, or our page of what you liked about your experience and especially welcome direct feedback by email or text on how we can create an even more wonderful one for our future guests.
• Please share insights or blessings you or your family received during your retreat in the Mindful Heart Journal/Guestbook in the living room and/or send us by email photos or memories you are willing to share on our Page:
• Thank you from our heart center for your support of this sacred, forestland property.
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a Mindful Heart Coach & Educator, Massage, Reiki & Yoga Therapist, and Intuitive who has been blessed to be the mother of three beautiful children (Jon, 25, Adrian, 22 and Grace, 9) with my husband and life partner of 26 years. We are international soul travelers whose purpose is to be of service to the healing of ourselves and each other through our beautiful Mother Earth.