My place is close to great views, lake access, outdoor excursions, seclusion, . You'll love my place because of the coziness. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and families (with kids).
A modern, rustic, cozy apartment with full kitchen, central air and heating and surrounded by scenic views. 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, living room and kitchen. Each room can sleep up to 3 as they have a full size bed with a twin size bed lofted above. Each room has a closet. Linens are provided and wifi is available. The bathroom has sink, toilet and bathtub/shower.
Many come for the serene, spiritual atmosphere and others come to take part in our outdoors amenities.
Cooking and eating utensils, coffee and coffee pot, grilling utensils and charcoal grill (bring your own charcoal), outdoor fire pit nearby with firewood (bring your own matches), and more!
This is a non-profit summer camp location with capacity for up to 96 people for overnight lodging. There are four small cabins that each house up to 16 guests. One additional cabin that houses up to 32 guests and an apartment that houses 2-6 people. You’ll fall in love with all of the natural beauty of the lake and flint hills landscape. It's a wonderful place to hike, relax, play and unwind.
1. You are welcome to wander our 168 acres of land and over 3 miles of lakeshore.
2. Your cabin rental includes access to the in-ground swimming pool when in season. You can swim in our cove as long as you wear a lifejacket for safety. You may put your boat in the water at the marina and tie it up to our dock. If you’ve got a state fishing license, feel free to try your lock as you’ve got plenty of lake access.
3. For those wishing to relax or get in touch with nature, we have a few hiking trails, 8 fire pits, outdoor observation tower, pavilion, outdoor chapel, small stone labyrinth, picnic area and amphitheatre.
4. We provide some basic sports equipment and outdoor games to compliment our Gaga Pit (AKA Octaball or Israeli Dodgeball), sand volleyball pit, basketball court, kickball/softball backstop, playground, tetherball, horseshoes, shuffleboard, cornhole, ladder golf and giant jenga. Please have fun challenging your fellow travelers to some friendly competition.
5. You may also choose to rent discs to play our 9-hole disc golf course, or bring your own.
6. Schedule your group to challenge our low ropes course, high ropes challenge course and ZIPLINES! We charge extra for this.
7. You may decide to book certain activities ahead of time such as kayaks/canoes, archery, Pontoon boat rides, Prairie surfing, hayrack rides, movie night, game night, counselor-facilitated activities, s’mores kits, and more.
Interaction with guests
As host and director of the camp, I live in a house on the grounds. I’ll be here to check you in, or one of our friendly staff will help you get settled. During your stay, either I or one of our staff (who live only a few miles away) will be on call to assist you with anything you might need. I’m very easy going and enjoy getting to know the interesting people that pass through here. Though I generally keep to myself so you can enjoy taking in the sights, don’t hesitate to say “hello!” or ask about our camp. I’d be happy to facilitate any activity for your group with enough prior notice.
You can reach me by Airbnb messages, e-mail or my cell phone (text or call).
Other things to note
Don’t feel like cooking? Let us do it for you! Our cooks can whip up your favorite meals in our dining hall. As a camp and retreat center we are used to catering large groups, and small private meals. If you’re interested in meals, we’ll need at least a week’s notice so we can plan the menu and order food.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit camp and we use money earned from these activities to help fund our summer programming for youth of all ages and adults with intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities.
As One of our cabin’s is Pet Friendly, there is a chance that there there may be a small dog on campus during your stay though it should remain on a leash so as to not interrupt your visit.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 24 hours of your trip and the first night is non-refundable.
This host has 46 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
While I don't do it often, I was born with the craving to travel and explore! Now that I'm a full time Camp Director at White Memorial Camp and Retreat Center, I get to help others to explore and create their own adventures! When I'm not hosting a camp or Airbnb guests, I am performing in improv troupes, stand-up comedy shows and dinner theatre in northeast Kansas. Most nights, I take in the sunset over the lake and try new board games.
As an Airbnb host, I'm very easy going and adaptable. I like to provide a very laid back and relaxed visit. I will be on call for any requests you might have and I'm happy to facilitate the various activities that our cabin site offers if there's interest, otherwise I will stay out of your way so you can enjoy the wonderful natural surroundings in peace! Myself and the camp staff aim to give you a rustic retreat-style experience with a summer camp twist, sprinkled with nostalgia for good measure.
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.