I purchased & remodelled my home in late 2015, a space that will help you relax & able to let your mind be free. An oasis not far from the centre of town, metro station is 8 mins or 15-20 min walk to Monastiraki & other central attractions of Athens. Your own private room with ensuite, plus a peaceful garden awaits your next visit to this beautiful city.
The air conditioned ensuite bed room has glass doors which lead onto the bamboo covered terrace. There is a huge lounge with work space, the beautiful Greek kitchen is brand now and open with a large wooden table, and there is my snug office which can be used to get some work done while you're visiting. Access to the roof terrace is via the kitchen, and the garden is somewhere lovely to eat, chill and be merry. The original house which the foundations stand upon was built in 1910 and current house in 1948, through totally remodelled in 2014-15. During the 1990s and 2000s the house was used as a kindergarten, see if you can spot a little reminder of this in the garden amongst the clementine, lemon, grapefruit and pomegranate trees; and if your timing is right, please enjoy the fruit!
In addition to the self contained apartment, there is access to the roof terrace via the stairwell in the kitchen (look out for the orange stairs in the photos), and you can access the garden too, and eat some of the lovely fruit growing there (small sweet oranges, lemons, grape fruit and pomegranate - all for you to enjoy if your timing is right!). Also in the garden is the laundry which you are welcome to use if you need it, there's detergent already waiting for you. The outside spaces are shared with the basement apartment which forms the other half of the property; either I'll be there or another Airbnb guest; do say hello!
Interaction with guests
Garry (my dad) is staying in the other double room. He is a friendly guy who loves to cook and chill in the garden. He's from Australia and recently retired. He's around to help where he can, but also respects people's need for space and privacy.
1. Please treat the house like you would treat your own home. Please be careful opening and closing doors, not to let them slam unnecessarily, to open windows when showering to allow condensation out of the room, and to be careful when moving your luggage around the house to not unnecessarily damage and mark the walls. I love my home dearly and it’s important to me that you care for it too. My home is not a holiday rental, it is a home that I choose to share with others because I think you will find joy in it.
2. I am happy for you to use and enjoy my belongings whilst you are staying in my home, though please remember, they are personal and do not belong to you, leave them when you leave!
3. Please be a conscious Airbnb guest and do not leave on lights, fans and air-conditioning when you go out. There are security measures in place to protect the house, and you are helping me and the environment by switching everything off when you leave the house.
4. Please activate and deactivate all the easy to operate security alarms each time you leave the house, this is a condition of booking.
5. Check in time is from noon onwards; I have to pay someone to meet you when I am not in Greece, so please be as specific as possible about when you are arriving. If your plans change, please contact my delegated host directly, rather than going through me (as I will just be forwarding the message to the local host).
6. Check out time is 10am. Unfortunately I am not able to offer “late check-out” or “luggage storage”. I pay someone to clean the house at a specific check out time (10am), and to get the house ready for the next guest. If you have a late flight, and would like to stay in the house, please book an extra day.
7. No illegal drugs are to be brought into the house under any circumstances.
8. There is a strict no-smoking rule in the house. Please dispose of your cigarette buts in the ashtrays outside.
9. Please be considerate of my neighbours who live very close to the house, and some of them elderly. If you are enjoying the outside areas after 10pm, please keep your noise down to a considerate and respectful level. It is also local Greek custom (and I believe law) that you are conscientious of the siesta time, keeping outside noise to an absolute minimum during 3pm and 5pm each day (some stores may close at this time too).
Professional London based, social and ethical looking to meeting new friends and discovering new places. Have a wonderful boyfriend and super cute dog.