Unit B2 is a 140 square meters apartment. It has two floors and it sleeps up to 4 people; it is located inside the charming farmhouse of a beautiful country resort on top of a Chianti hill: Castello di Pastine. The estate features a large swimming pool, a tennis court yard, barbecue area, private gardens and panoramic terrace.
1) We provide all the linen (for the bed and bathroom) and the furniture for living (pots, pans, forks and knives, glasses...etc.); all the other consumables are self catering (there are shops and supermarkets where you may find everything you need, within 4-8 minutes drive). The only towels which are extras, are the ones for the swimming pool, which we rent upon request and are then given for the entire period of stay.
2) At Castello di Pastine we do not offer phone service. We recommend our guests to make sure to bring a working mobile phone with them. We offer free Wi-Fi (inside the units, and on the outdoors: terraces, swimming pool and gardens).
3) We ask to leave the apartment without any garbage, opened food rests, or dirty pans/dishes.
4) It is not possible to have visits in Castello di Pastine from external guests/friends. The maximum number of people allowed inside the apartment is 4 (children of any age included).
5) Castello di Pastine is not an Hotel; it offers holiday homes (Case appartamenti Vacanze); they are not official tourist structures, such as hotels, residences, etc. but private houses. Being such, they do not have standards or categories that are internationally recognized, indeed they reflect, in their architecture and furnishing, the local traditions and the personal taste of the owner.
This is precisely the kind of holiday we offer: the chance to partake in the culture of Tuscany, living in the same surroundings as an inhabitant would. In order to live this experience in the right spirit, it is important not only that the holiday-maker accepts but also that he will be able to appreciate the differences in the properties we are proposing in comparison with those where he normally lives.
We do not offer all the services offered by an Hotel: we do not have a 24h reception, we are not allowed to serve any type of food (breakfast neither), etc. (maybe in the future we will..but it is work in progress). We do not offer a regular "front desk service"...we provide an house book with basic information of the area. Coming to us is just like renting a furnished apartment.
6) Our swimming pool is 18x9 meters. It is not heated. Its shallow part has a depth of 1,10 meters, then there is a descent part which connects to the deep part which has a depth of about 2,70 meters. Please note: the swimming pool does not have a pool attendant nor a guardian.
This host has a Strict Cancellation Policy
Cancel up to 30 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 30 days of the trip and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, as well as a full refund of fees.
This host has 8 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am Guido, the manager and "factotum" of Castello di Pastine, a self-catering holiday-rental resort near Barberino Val d'Elsa, in the Tuscan coutryside.
I was born in Florence on 1975. I spent all my childhood in Firenze. After high-school, I had the opportunity to go abroad and to study in Boston, at Boston University, School of Communication, where I got my bachelor on 2001.
Back in Florence, I felt in love with an Italian girl, who is now my wife. We got married on 2005. Now we have 4 marvelous children, who are our joy.
Among my greatest passions/hobbies are: board games and theater; I am an impro-actor, I run an amateur theater company, and I am a teaching assistant in a theatre in Florence.
I love to meet people from all around the world ^-^