Located just 15 minutes from downtown San Diego, local beaches and great shopping, our home is nestled high atop Mt. Helix, on a 2+ acre gated estate. You will enjoy privacy and unobstructed 225 degree panoramic views from Mexico to the North Coast. This custom, single story home encompasses over 4,300sf of comfort with 5 bedrooms (dual masters), 5 ½ bathrooms, a bonus room with library, hidden bar, + sleeper sofa and views from every room. Truly a unique property to explore, play and relax!
Truly a unique property with so much to do! Relax in the private courtyard while playing croquet, lounge in a hammock next to the newly remodeled pool, roast s’mores around the outdoor fire pit, or challenge a rival to a game of foosball while watching the sunset.
Guest Bedroom #1: Queen bed with bathroom directly adjacent to bedroom.
Guest Bedroom #2: Full sized sofa bed with private bathroom (shower).
Guest Bedroom #3: Queen size bed with private full bathroom. French door leads to private courtyard.
Guest Bedroom #4 (Master): King size bed with private full bathroom. Double French doors lead to outdoor deck.
Guest Bedroom #5: Twin beds, full sized crib, and private full bathroom.
Bonus Room (Office): Queen sofa sleeper with TV and fireplace.
Living Room Features:
Comfortable, large sectional sofa
55” Flat Screen TV, with Cable, Netflix, Amazon Prime
Floor to ceiling windows, with double doors leading to private courtyard and west facing doors opening to panoramic ocean views.
Kitchen / Dining Room Features:
5-burner gas stove top, double oven, Bosch dishwasher
Fully stocked to prepare any meal! We have your basics covered from spices and oils to pots and pans to glassware and dinnerware for up to 12 people.
Custom pool features a gently sloping beach entry ideal for kids, surrounded by grass, beautiful views and plenty of outdoor seating.
Enjoy grilling on our large Traeger Pro Smoker and grill
Playground w/ swings, tether ball, monkey bars, and a 100 sf playhouse
Outdoor gas firepit overlooking pool with ocean views
Peaceful, gated grass courtyard with outdoor seating & dining table, accented at night by string globe lights
Over 2 fenced acres to explore, roam and play.
Sonos wireless sound system
Kid friendly - Full sized crib, pack n’ play, high chair, stroller, toddler car seats(on request), toys, games, books and pool floats.
Driveway Parking for 5 cars
Our home is centrally located to ALL, in a quiet neighborhood with easy freeway access
Beaches – Coronado (15 mi), Ocean Beach (16 mi), Mission Beach (17 mi)
San Diego State University (6 mi) and Qualcomm Stadium (9 mi)
Gaslamp Quarter / Petco Park / Airport (12 mi – 14mi)
San Diego Zoo (14 mi)
International Border (19 mi)
Please note before booking:
This is not a party house. Our home is tucked away in a quiet residential area, and is not suitable for parties, large gatherings or loud outdoor music. We kindly ask that you do not exceed the maximum guest occupancy, and respect our home and neighbors by adhering to designated quiet times (10:00pm – 8:00am).
Rates are subject to change until your reservation is confirmed and we receive full payment.
There is a fee to heat pool.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or special requests. We always appreciate any details you can provide us when sending booking requests. Thanks!
Guests will enjoy private access to the entire house (excluding garage) and property.
Interaction with guests
We are just down the street, and readily available to assist you, as needed. Depending on length of stay, we may need to access the garage, perform landscape or pool maintenance or tend to chickens. We will always provide you with advanced notice.
Other things to note
Pool Heating: There is a pool heating fee if you elect to heat the pool. Fees vary by season, as it is much more expensive to heat the pool during colder months. Please let us know in advance if you’d like heating as it can take up to 24 hours to heat up to 80+ degrees. You may pay the pool heating fee separately by check or cash upon arrival. Heating rates are subject to change.
* November – March: A pool heating fee of $125 for the first day (the day you check-in), and $65 per day (or partial day) thereafter will be assessed.
* April – October: A pool heating fee of $90 for the first day (the day you check-in), and $45 per day (or partial day) thereafter will be assessed.
We are only booking 1 year in advance. Also, we do (tastefully) decorate during the holidays.
Rates include an 8% San Diego Transit Occupancy Tax
This is our family home, and we just ask that you care for it as you would your own and be respectful to our neighbors by keeping noise to a minimum. Below are the official House Rules, but we also want to ensure you have a great stay and enjoy the property as much as we do!
1. Disclaimer: The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise and agree to abide by the House Rules.
2. Arrival and Departure. Check-in time is 3:00pm and the check-out time is 11:00am. Cleaning and maintenance are pre-scheduled, so adhering to the check-out time is very important. Please depart at the agreed upon time to ensure the home can be cleaned properly for any next guest that may be arriving. A $50/hour fee may be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) for stays past 11:00am. Prior to check out, we kindly request that you leave the home in the same orderly fashion as when arrived in and follow the departure checklist posted in our Home Manual. Also, although intuitive, experience necessitates that we have to remind guests not to take linens, phone charging cords, shampoos / soaps, etc. home with you!
3. Homeowner Access: Homeowners may need to enter the property during your stay to access the garage, perform landscape or pool maintenance or to tend to chickens. Homeowners will provide guests with advanced notice. Should you ever have any questions or needs, we will be staying just down the street to assist you.
4. Guest Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 12 persons (including adults and children), unless prior permission has been obtained. An additional fee will apply. People other than those in the Guest party stated in reservation may not stay overnight in the property. And, please, no extra guests, events or parties without prior approval.
5. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. Please keep the property and all furnishings in good order. If our home is left in poor condition and additional cleaning is required, fees will be charged to Guests at a rate of $50 per hour. Linens and bath towels (2 per guest) are included but please bring beach and pool towels. We are happy to arrange a mid-stay cleaning for an additional fee.
6. Parking: Parking is limited to 5 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. The garage is not included in your rental.
7. Pool Safety: You are responsible for pool safety for you and your children and your guests/invitees. Guest acknowledges that the safety of yourself, your guests, children or pets depends on you.
8. Pool Heating: There is a pool heating fee if you elect to heat the pool. Fees vary by season, as it is much more expensive to heat the pool during colder months. Please let us know in advance if you’d like heating as it can take up to 24 hours to heat up to 80+ degrees. Fees are subject to change. You may pay the pool heating fee separately by check or cash upon arrival.
• November – March: A pool heating fee of $125 for the first day (the day you check-in), and $75 per day (or partial day) thereafter will be assessed.
• April – October: A pool heating fee of $90 for the first day (the day you check-in), and $45 per day (or partial day) thereafter will be assessed.
9. Quiet Times: Please, please, please be very respectful of our neighbors. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors between 10:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m. Any loud parties, noise or nuisance complaints communicated to us by neighbors and validated by police may unfortunately result in your needing to vacate immediately or a fine.
10. Smoking: Smoking is not allowed inside or anywhere on property premise due to fire hazards in a drought area.
11. Air Conditioning / Heating: Guest agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 72 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be "Auto". Please close doors and windows shall when either heat or air conditioning is in operation. There are no refunds for lack of, or malfunctioning HVAC units.
12. System(s), Furnishing, or Amenity Disruptions: In the event the property experiences a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, or other structural systems, furnishings or amenities, owners will make every reasonable effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment. If that happens, guest agrees to permit owner or its service provider to have reasonable access to the property to inspect and make such repairs. The property owner shall not be liable to Guest for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures.
13. Water and Septic: The property is on a septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Please DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products (i.e. wrappers) and especially no flushable wipes should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that anything other than toilet paper has been flushed and clogged the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.
My husband and I were both born and raised in San Diego, and have lived in La Mesa for over 15 years. We are particularly enamored by the Mt Helix area, and believe it is truly a hidden gem. Avid travelers, we truly enjoy vacation home rentals as an alternative to traditional hotel stays. When not working on or playing in our home, you will find us enjoying family time outdoors or sneaking off for a weekend away. We are very proud of the home and property we have painstakingly rebuilt over the past 4 years, and are so happy to be able to share our special home and the unique “experience” it offers to others.