Our peaceful West Shore, Lake Tahoe, cabin is ideally located between Sunnyside and Homewood, and it is just across the street from majestic Blackwood Canyon, ideal for hiking. Walk 1-1/2 blocks to the beach, swimming, new pier, and lakeside bike path. Our cabin is furnished with leather club chairs and couch; a walk-in shower, high-speed WiFI, 4K Ultra HD smart TV, Bose radio/CD, Amazon Echo "personal assistant," new Toto "washlet" toilet (heated seat and bidet); and Weber BBQ.
With Lake Tahoe's magical West Shore and the wilderness of Blackwood Canyon to explore, all within two minutes walking distance from our home, you'll love coming home to a refurbished "old Tahoe" cabin tastefully equipped with modern amenities. You won't believe it's a rental!
• Across the street from Blackwood Canyon and Creek, and Eagle Rock
• 1-1/2 blocks from Lake Tahoe, including homeowner's private pier and swim ladder
• Well-traveled dog OK ($50 fee)
•"Welcome basket" of complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate for breakfast
• Free "concierge service" to help plan your stay
• A two-car driveway is snowplowed in winter after each storm
• Relax in plush leather club chairs and sofa
• Chattam & Wells luxury mattress
• 400-count linens and duvets
• High-speed cable WiFi
• New 4K Ultra HD smart TV with Netflix, ideal for sports and movie watching
• Another cable TV in bedroom
• Bose radio/CD player
• Amazon Echo "personal assistant": capable of voice interaction, music playback, making to-do lists, and providing weather, traffic, and other real time information, such as news.
• Board games
• New Toto "washlet" toilet: automated bidet function, heated seat, and eco-conscious. "The Rolls Royce of toilets."
• All-Clad cookware
• New Webber BBQ
• "Old Tahoe" wood beam ceilings and lots of windows
• South facing for maximum winter sunlight
• Expansive lawns, Aspen trees and natural landscaping
• Easy access to bike path
• Walking distance to Tahoe Area Regional Transit District (TART) bus stop
Make dinner with your friends in the well-equipped kitchen and dine "al fresco" on the sunny deck, or venture out to excellent local dining at Sunnyside, West Shore Cafe, or Swiss Lakewood on the West Shore, or in Tahoe City, a few short miles away. In summer, shop at a farmers market on Thursdays in Tahoe City.
Our cabin has historic significance. It housed some of the organizers of the 1960 Winter Olympics. The cross-country (XC) events of the VIII Winter Olympics were held in what is now Ed Z’Berg Sugar Pine Point State Park, just a few miles away on the West Shore. The State Park now has 11 miles of XC ski and snowshoe trails.
Full kitchen equipped with items such as an All-Clad cookware, Cuisinart "grind and brew" coffee maker, a Krupps ice cream maker and Kitchen Aid mixer
Gas cooking stove
Cast iron griddle
Dansk hot chocolate pot
Emile Henry pizza stone
High speed WiFi over cable
Washer & dryer
400-count linens and duvets
New Webber grill
Hammock with metal stand
Croquet set for lawn
Outdoor dining table
Walking distance to Lake
Walking distance to Blackwood Canyon for hiking, XC skiing, and snowshoeing
Near bike path
Near hiking trails
Interaction with guests
We are available by phone, text, and email for the duration of your stay, if you need anything. We are happy to offer recommendations. Visit our guidebook: http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13154376/guidebook
Other things to note
Our dog policy is simple. You must notify us if you plan to bring a dog; stay is limited to one dog of 40 pounds or less; dog cannot be left alone. There is an additional $50 cleaning fee for a dog, which will be included in a Special Offer. Please clean up after your dog, do not let it on furniture, remember to obey local leash laws, and ensure your neighbors are not disturbed by barking.
The loft space is off-limits and may not be entered or used.
Please do not play loud music, create noise that can be heard at the property line or engage in disorderly conduct. Consider how you would want vacation renters to act in your neighborhood back home.
And above all "make yourself at home" and enjoy the Great Outdoors.
- Guests must have at least three Airbnb host reviews
- No guests in excess of the maximum occupancy we have specified
- No children under the age of 5 years old
- Garbage must be locked inside bear box on driveway
- Loft space may not be entered or used
- Guests must call or text us when they arrive
- Pets: Must notify us if you plan to bring a dog and we will extend a Special Offer to accommodate the dog; limited to one dog of 40 pounds or less; dog cannot be left alone; dog must be on a leash at all times per HOA rules; an additional cleaning fee of $50 per stay