About this listing
Need a decently priced functional room in Lagos? I invite you to share my home for clean quiet, homely comfort. It is 5-10 minutes away from the airport in light traffic. Ikeja golf course,country club,night clubs eateries,shops walk able distance.This is one of the rooms available for guests to book, in case it is not available or you need more than one room please search and book Albatross nest 1 its also by me in the same house as Albatross 1.
If you have ever been to Lagos you must know by now how difficult it is to find functional affordable accommodation. You either have to spend hard cash on big branded luxury hotels or venture into the myriad of numerous lesser known hotels, which despite their high cost have so many uncertainties regarding quality, and their claims. You never know what to expect. Dirty rooms, rude staff, expensive food, rules preventing you from bringing in food from outside etc and there is always a hired noise maker or loud music playing to disturb your peace.
Do not get me wrong I am not in any way competing or putting down any hotel, no far from it, Its just that I have stayed long enough in Lagos hotels in to know them . If you are looking for luxury, and full hotel service by all means go to a hotel. However if you want to save some money and still have a clean decent room with breakfast, dstv, a/c, quiet, functional environment for work or business trip, you are welcome to share my home.
Guests have access to their private rooms on the first floor equipped with, double bed,sheets,light duvet,towels air conditioning, Television, work desk and chair, coffee table and sofa, your own DSTV decoder with 60 channels. The rooms will be cleaned for you everyday.
On the ground floor access is limited to the dining area/ coffee area, waiting room and guest toilet. The kitchen and second floor are private . Breakfast is served in the dining area and guests are welcome to eat meals brought in from wherever they want anytime at the dining area using provided dishes, cutlery and microwave. You Can keep your drinks cool inside The mini bar fridge but please please only Take what you have put inside. tea /coffee , cold water and Wifi is available free 247.
Interaction with guests
Due to my tight work schedule I most probably will not be able to interact as much as I would like to in person however you can always send me an email or text message and I will get back to you asap. You will be in the able hands of Flora Ese, and Teresa, the house keepers who will take care of your needs.
House is located in Highbrow Ikeja G.R.A unarguably the most upmarket area on the mainland of Lagos. The street Oba Akinjobi way is one of the main streets used to access Ikeja G.R.A. It is a very secure street. We are very close to the Ghana high commission/ Embassy and the headquarters of G4S, a global security company these are very good landmarks to remember when trying to navigate your way back to the house. On the same street is the Nigeria police college, Divisional police station, Lagos high court and an office complex containing several Lagos state government offices.
Within walking distance is the Ikeja golf course, Country club, Anglican church, Catholic church, Apostolic church, mosque several restaurants such as dominos pizza, barcelos, spur etc, night clubs and bars. Super markets such as' buy more' on Joel Ogunnaike street and 'Oasis' on Mobolaji bank Anthony way.
Health facilities can be accessed at the Reddington private hospital or Lagos state teaching hospital.
The house is 5-10 minutes away from the airport, however I warn you it could be as long as 30 minutes or more with traffic during the day. THIS IS LAGOS! You can walk safely around the G.R.A even alone during the day, walking in groups is safe at night but only along well lit areas of Isaac John street and Joel Ogunnaike street where all the main clubs, bars restaurants are located. If you don't like walking try the yellow col tri-cycles to get around Ikeja G.R.A during the day ONLY. Use Uber when venturing further afield or at night.
Other things to note
1. Public Power supply in Nigeria is not regular. The house public electricity supply is backed up by a standby generating plant that runs daily from 1800 hours to 1000 hours whenever public supply is cut. between 1000hrs and 1800hrs back up power is supplied by a heavy duty battery bank in case public power goes off, thus ensuring the house has power 24 hours a day.
However the batteries are unable to power air conditioners, water heaters, microwave and the minibar bar fridge. So the availability of these facilities for eight hours between 10am and 6pm is not guaranteed since it will depend on public power supply. All other electrical equipment such as television, satellite, lights , cold drinking water dispenser, ventilation fans, lights, and power outlets for phones, laptops and other small personal gadgets are powered 24 hours daily
2. The house is terrace apartment located within a private gated community called April haven court. It is a residential area.
3. For your safety and that of the host the entrance to the house,living/dining area, staircases, first floor area outside of guest rooms are all monitored continuously by CCTV. There is NO CCTV monitoring inside guest rooms.
4. Remember my name Ibrahim and the house keepers Teresa and Esi, Please tell security you are here to see one of us whenever you need to gain access to the gated community. Security will make a quick call to the house and you will be granted access.
5. there are about 20 similar units of the house in the gated community out of which only 6 are occupied making it very quiet with lots of parking if you need it.
6. There is an alarm that sounds whenever public power supply is switched back on do not be alarmed.
7. Information is provided in your room for laundry services you can use . please call them to schedule a pick up. You are responsible for paying them when they deliver to you.
8. Your room has menus and contact details of restaurants offering a food delivery service in case you need to order most of them do not accept card payment so have your cash ready
9. You will have to go down stairs to the door to collect anything you ordered or receive a visitor. The house keeper will call you via the intercom whenever your attention is needed at the door.
10. There is Construction Work Going on in The neighbourhood during The day which clauses some Noise but Its not unbearable.
1. Only two occupants in a room.
2. The kitchen is for private use only.
3. Second floor is for private use only
4. Once upstairs as consideration to other people please keep noise to a minimum when discussing with your visitors, talking on the phone , volume on television etc
5. Kindly ensure that when you close the front door of the house when leaving or coming in that you push it till it latches securely
6. Use of personal pressing irons, ring boilers, ovens, microwaves in house is not allowed. these are available in the house for our use
7. Kindly switch off the air conditioner and water heater when not in use.
8. Guest shall not use the internet to make heavy downloads such as movies, music, large files or conduct any illegal activity on the house WIFI network
9. Please let us know who your visitors are before we let them in.
10 . Kindly give your room keys to The house keeper on duty when leaving The house.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
I am an airline pilot who is very passionate about airplanes and aviation . Love reading, traveling and keeping fit. Got an enterprising side of me that is always on the look out for an opportunity to make extra money. An extremely clean, quiet serene environment is essential for me to (EMAIL HIDDEN)edies especially animated are my favorite, all time best being the simpsons