My place is close to Joshua Tree National Park. This space offers complete tranquility and privacy. The cabin is only fifteen minutes from down town but you'll feel like you're on the edge of civilization. Set up your base camp for adventures into the park. Or enjoy hiking or cycling on the miles of dirt roads that start right at your front door. My place is good for couples and solo adventurers. It is set on 2 and a half acres plenty of room to stretch out.
My place is very quiet. It is surrounded by only a couple of neighbors.This was our desert starter home. only a block from the house you can be walking or jogging with no view of houses. the house is butted up against a grouping of hills that are a fun hike. As our family grew we had to move to a bigger space. It's nice to share this special spot with others. We sure love it and hope you do too. The house is not located in town. The map had to be set up this way. If you follow sunburst on the map up to golden then to border and up another equal distance you will be closer to the neighborhood. Because we are a little further out, you can really sink into the natural environment. Some cellphones can be spotty others work fine. There is no tv or wifi. The bed have two new mattresses one spring and the other memory foam. Please know i want you to have a a wonderful visit. I have brought things for guests in the passed and can do it for you if it will help your stay.
Guests have access to any food or beverages in the house. They may have a fire in the fire cage. The hose must be pulled over and ready to go if you have a fire. The lid must be on on the fire cage. The fire must never be left unattended. If you run into trouble and you can't reach me ask for help from the neighbors. They are very nice and have offered.
Interaction with guests
We would love to meet any guests that would like to meet us. I also realize that some people like to not have a stop by. So let me know your preferences and I will try to accommodate them. Please feel free to text or call about any questions or help. We know of good hikes, restaurants, local music, and more.
Other things to note
There are some cool hikes right out the door. One block away you can feel like there's no one around. On a hot day the cowboy dunk is the best way to cool off.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above.
3. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
4. Starfire is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses
7. Pets are NOT allowed.
PARKING – Parking is limited to 2 vehicles . Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the unit.
10. Garbage: Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacle.
11. Cowboy Dunk: [No children under the age of 16 permitted in dunk at any time without adult supervision]. Use at your own risk.
12. Firepit: The firepit is a cage log firebox in front of the porch. Fires must be contained within canister at all times. Owners are not responsible for any fines accrued by renter.
13. Water and Septic: The [cabin/property] is on a septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that any improper materials have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages.
If there is inclement weather, no refunds will be given unless the state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations
I am a mother of two wonderful children whom i home school. we are into horses, goats, chickens, and growing what food we can in the desert. I love meeting interesting people. Joshua tree is a great place for me. The things i can't live without are my husband of 15 years Ken, my sweet kids, openhearted friends, my horses, and amazing food. My favorite travel destinations are the central coast, New England, and Oklahoma. This is our first year of renting. I really look forward to meeting more of the people who love to visit Joshua Tree. Now our travel is mostly by R.V. With our two small children it is the only way to go. We no longer pull over for potty brakes, eat bad food, or stress about how long we will be in the car. I believe in being happy in my life, and keeping my priorities straight.