Quiet, rural setting with complimentary continental BREAKFAST provisions provided!
Self-contained oasis five minutes drive from Palm Beach/Currumbin beaches.
Parks, walking trails & shops nearby.
We are Gold Coast born & bred locals & love to travel. We had a great experience with Air BNB, so we have jumped on board!
The "Lakehouse" is a beautifully fitted out guesthouse for a peaceful stop-over.
Suitable for couples, soloists & business travellers.
NO CLEANING FEE or SECURITY BOND
ONE NIGHT MINIMUM STAY ..... The modern and self-contained “Lakehouse” is located at the rear of our property, overlooking mature fruit trees and Australian natives with a dam/pond attracting varied birdlife. Lovely view to the mountains. A water course and nature strip run along the property boundary which lead to large parks and nature reserves and is a pleasant 3km walk to Palm Waters Shopping Centre for a Zarraffa’s coffee fix. Close to everything the Gold Coast and Hinterland has to offer, but far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet. Five minutes from the beaches, restaurants and shopping centres.
The “Lakehouse” has a separate queen-size bedroom with built-in wardrobes and ceiling fan, bright bathroom with modern shower and a combined lounge, dining and kitchenette. Small reverse cycle in-wall air-conditioner in combined living area. A 40” television for viewing free-to-air channels. There is a DVD player and selection of movies for viewing. I have a HDMI cable attached so you can plug in your own device and view on the bigger screen. The kitchenette has a bar fridge, kettle, toaster, microwave and electric frypan/skillet with the necessary utensils & cookware to be self-sufficient during your stay. LG 4kg top loading washing machine (cold wash only) & one-load supply of washing powder available in the bathroom. Clothes line and clothes pegs for drying outside.
Enjoy our COMPLIMENTARY CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST supplies which are provided for each guest (a selection of cereal, bread, fruit, milk, juice, condiments) plus tea and coffee facilities per day of stay.
Two pre-loved bicycles, helmets and bike locks are available for your use to explore the local area. Let me know if you wish to avail of these, so we can check tyre pressure and have then readily accessible for you.
Easy access from/to the M1 and Gold Coast Highway.
- perfect WEEKEND or WEEKDAY GETAWAY
- accommodation for patients’ family attending JOHN FLYNN HOSPITAL at TUGUN
- ‘COOLY ROCKS ON’ accommodation in June annually
- 'GC600 SUPERCARS' accommodation in October annualy
- OVERNIGHT STAY option for travellers with early morning flights out of COOLANGATTA
- OVERNIGHT STAY for TWEED HEADS club venue shows
- WEDDING GUEST accommodation.
***Please note that this property is NOT suitable for children 0 - 12yrs due to nature water courses around the estate and a small irrigation dam situated on the property close to the guesthouse***
The self-contained guesthouse and undercover carpark is at the back of our property, down a long shared concrete driveway. You will enjoy exclusive access to the guesthouse. It has key-lock sliding door and security screen. Please pull into driveway and I will greet you on arrival.
CHECK-IN is from 3pm (earlier arrival may be available - please message)
CHECK-OUT is 11am.
It would be helpful if you could please call or text when you are about 30 minutes away from arriving.
We can accommodate last minute bookings arriving prior to 8pm.
There are neighbouring acreage properties either side and the main house overlooks the guesthouse, but you have your own privacy.
Interaction with guests
My husband and I live in the main residence. I will greet guests and show them to the guesthouse where you will be staying.
We are very conscious of giving you your privacy.
We need to mow our lawns, water plants and do gardening, so you will see us around - especially on weekends.
I am onsite the majority of time and can assist you with any queries or information during your stay. Please feel free to message me via Air BNB platform or come knock on our door - we would be pleased to see you.
Complimentary continental breakfast provisions will be provided for each guest. (Cereal, bread, fruit, juice, milk & condiments). Tea and coffee facilities.
For guests staying 5 days or longer: I will kindly require access to the guesthouse to change over bath towels and refresh supplies as required.
Bed linen will be changed for guests staying longer than 7 days by negotiation :)
Other things to note
WI-FI: Available, however due to the distance the guesthouse is from the main residence, WiFi may not be reliable for streaming inside the guesthouse, but you are welcome to try - it seems to depend on the brand of your device. You may need to stand outside the entrance door to initially hookup to the WiFi. Reception outside the guesthouse is readily available. Otherwise, come and sit in the garden near the house and login to check your emails or research what to do on the Gold Coast and in the Hinterland.
Reception in the Lakehouse is perfect if you have your own device's data plan/dongle.
SMOKING: We are avid non-smokers, but are willing to accommodate smoking guests, BUT SMOKING ONLY OUTSIDE AND AWAY FROM THE GUESTHOUSE ENTRANCE, with used butts/matches being placed in smoker’s receptacle provided please. This is to protect our wildlife and our home. The hard wired SMOKE ALARMS WILL GO OFF if you attempt to smoke inside.
CLEANING: I have chosen not to charge an additional cleaning fee. We are sharing a part of our home so we trust you will be courteous and leave the guesthouse in a clean and tidy condition, including bagging all waste/rubbish and washing used crockery and cutlery and kitchen items. Please feel free to bring double bagged rubbish up to the wheelie bins (general and recycle) in the main driveway.
PETS: We have an elderly male Labrador and I day-sit my daughter’s kelpie/cross dog who sometimes thinks she is guarding the White House! They are in enclosed areas and do not access the guesthouse or its surrounds unless accompanied by us for exercise. Please be aware that she is only doing her job and will let me know if there is someone on our property ....... She also loves to play stick, frizzbie, ball, leaf, grape, chewed pot plant or whatever else she can find to play catch! So, if you need a doggy fix just let me know!
NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN: Please note that due to nature water courses around the estate and a small irrigation dam on the property close to the guesthouse, children 0-12yrs are not able to be catered for.
LAUNDRY: Small 4kg LG top loading washing machine available in the Lakehouse. Cold water wash only. One measure of laundry powder provided. Extra laundry powder available for a small fee. Clothes rack and basket. Outdoor clothes line and pegs. Iron and ironing mat to use on the washing machine.
***For safety reasons, no candles or incense burners are allowed inside the guesthouse***
* PLEASE - NO 3rd Party Bookings or Booking on behalf of a friend or family member accepted (ie: the person booking MUST be one of the guests intending to stay.) This is an Airbnb condition/guideline for verification, communication + insurance purposes : "We require Airbnb reservations booked for personal travel to be booked by the person who's going to stay at the listing." Please refer to the Help section on Airbnb website for further information.
* The guesthouse is NOT SUITABLE for children 0-12yrs due to a nature watercourse that borders our property and a small irrigation dam on our property near the accommodation - no exceptions.
* Stay is for a maximum of 2 guests only.
* It would be helpful with my breakfast provisions planning to nominate the number of guests (1 or 2) when making the booking.
* Early check-in may be available (from 1pm) on an individual basis if pre-arranged - please message me if you require access earlier than 3pm.
* We appreciate your consideration in not inviting visitors onto our property.
* Our SMOKING POLICY is strictly outdoors & away from the guesthouse entrance door.
* As we are in a quiet cul-de-sac estate, please be respectful of our environment and neighbours and keep noise and your behaviour to a comfortable level - with no noise after 10pm.
* We would be grateful if you could please turn off the air-conditioner, overhead fan, heater, internal lights etc when going out of the guesthouse.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.