About this listing
My place is situated on the outskirts of the pretty village of Mialet. It overlooks the Gardon de Mialet river in the southern Cévennes. Mialet is between the historic towns of Anduze and St-Jean-du-Gard. You’ll love my place because it comfortably sleeps 5, the house is fully equipped with plenty of outdoor space. In the summer, a swim in the river is just a short walk away and in the winter you can relax in front of the large open fire. My place is good for couples and families (with kids).
Please see for more info on the house and its facilities.
You will have full access to the entire property during your stay.
Things to do
There is so much to do, apart from relaxing in the peaceful surroundings! Below are just a sample...
• The water in the river Gardon is exceptionally clean and wonderful for bathing. Officially one of the cleanest in France
• There are many beaches along the river, perfect for the whole family
• The Bamboo plantation is the only bamboo forest in Europe
• The Cevennes steam train is a unique experince with great views of the countryside
• Trabuc caves have numerous waterfalls, enchanting colours and 100,000 soldiers...
• Chez Mialet is in the village
• Guingette in Luziers serves simple french food
• Auberge des 3 Barbus is a real treat
• There are also numerous bars and restaurants in Anduze and St-Jean-du-Gard
• Chez Mialet is in the village and is open daily for basic provisons
• Anduze and St-Jean-du-Gard have numerous shops and weekly markets. Both are a short drive or beautiful walk away
• The Cevennes has the highest number of footpaths (GR) in France and many are suitable for any level of fitness
• There are many excellent cycle rides in the area including the Cornice de Cevennes
• The historical cities of Nimes & Avignon are a must visit
• Le Pont du Gard and the Gorge du Tarn should not be missed
You generally need a car to get around this part of France, there is however a regular bus service from the village to St Jean du Gard, Anduze and Ales.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.