Oh boy! Trolls trolls everywhere. Please don't come back Michael, you are no longer welcome. Every other guest was MORE than happy. This is my home, and I use it every moment it is not rented. It is GREAT, and everyone loves it! You maligned me personally, and my home by lying so let me address your little, varied, and LYING concerns for everyone reading this. (Sorry to those reading if I sound cranky - I am super frustrated with this inaccurate depiction of my home).
1) Before booking, you asked for a discount beyond the weekly discount, AND the lowered price I gave you in PEAK SUMMER COTTAGE SEASON. I gave it to you. And you still complained about price after the fact? I cannot help that you are cheap. I own a marketing company, can I suggest you get a higher paying job? Or a financial planner?
2) I have a 100% response rate here on Airbnb - I pride myself on it. My answer to your questions were immediate. The water question is specifically pasted at the end of this response. It also included tha address that you were unable to find (Airbnb gives it to you at booking), so you must have read it... (In further life advice, perhaps reading and/or follow up are not your strong suits? Algonquin College has some great adult education programs you could looking into.)
3) Yes, Manon is great. She owns the company that checks people in/does the cleaning when I am out of the country. She assures me that she showed you the drawers full of towels. There were 20, plus extra sheets. The 2 towels? you described were among the 6 layed out for you on the beds, and the 3 in the bathroom. Math is not your strong suit. Seeing continuing education comments above.
4) All of my liquor and a box of 100 garbage bags was missing after you left. I didn't say anything until your little and loud concerns on this review. Surprisingly you found these things, but not the towels. Hopefully Airbnb will compensate me.
5) There are more than 30 chairs for outside use and 16 plus couches for inside use. If you broke one, or one was broken - there are 29 others to use. With 6 reported guests, and a capacity of 10, all guests are properly provided for.
6) I supplied you with a motorized dock, several other vessels i.e. a canoe, a dingy, many floating chairs, life jackets, blow up toys, etc. The paddle boat has a slow leak but is NOT advertised for your usage. Also, there are two docks. Both work.
Okay, my fiance, and co-owner is going to kill me for ranting like this in public. Moving on to the happy guests that are arriving tomorrow.
NOTE: Here is the copied and pasted response about the water you said you never got. There were 3 other messages giving you information and checking on your stay that you never responded to after this message which came pre-check-in:
132 ch Lac Barnes is the address. It shows up on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Maps.
Water comes from the lake, so showering, dishes, tooth brushing are all good, yes except to drink. You'll want to bring bottled water.
The lake is stocked with rainbow trout and small mouth bass. GREAT fishing!
I have one fishing rod onsite. Unfortunately you have to bring your own tackle. Previous renters have made that impossible to keep stocked - it disapears. It's cheap at the local Depanneur or grocery store.
As for the weekly discount, you actually got $20 off per night. I had recently adjusted those prices down, I was actually going to adjust them back up this afternoon with they being the only free days I had left in August. I hope you are happy with that.
18 Aug 2016" (The date is populated by Airbnb - so it cannot be forged)
To anyone that read this far, I hope I have thoroughly answered these outrageously wrong comments.