Experience Ballard like a local: our house is set on a very quiet street, yet it is walking distance to grocery stores and 3 main bus lines. Walk to downtown Ballard in 15 min! Drive to downtown, Pike Place Market, South Lake Union, the Zoo, Space Needle or Pacific Science Center in less than 15 minutes!
You will enjoy the main floor of our Ocean inspired home with a comfy living, 3 bedrooms, a full bath, a fully equipped kitchen, a light filled dining area and a balcony overlooking the yard.
Inspired by Seattle's proximity to the Ocean and our own love of the Ocean we have created a simple, elegant and functional space for you to enjoy. The entire main floor of the house has been recently fully remodeled.
If you drive in, please park on the street or in the two reserved spots in the driveway leading to our garage. The entrance to the Blue House is through the main door off the front deck.
The cozy living room at the front of the house is a place where you can wind down - Roku TV is available for your entertainment. Adjacent to the living is a small bedroom/office also facing the front of the house. Here you will find a single bed and a cute reconditioned blue desk we found at a local store on Ballard Avenue.
A long hallway leads to the South facing dining area and the kitchen at the back of the house. You can enjoy outdoor time on balcony overlooking the backyard or down in the yard. They are both furnished with tables and chairs.
The large two bedrooms have ample closet storage where you can store your suitcases.
The newly remodeled full bathroom has 2 vanity sinks and a deep tub.
You will have access to the entire main floor of this house with a deck upfront, a living area, 3 bedrooms, a dining area, a kitchen, balcony in the back and the backyard.
My mother lives throughout the year in the daylight basement apartment in the house with a separate entrance through the backyard, but she is only present in the evening and at night and will keep any noise to a minimum.
Interaction with guests
We (Maria and Chip) live 2 blocks away from the Blue House and will be always around to answer your questions or provide you with something you were expecting and may be missing.
One of us will greet you at the beginning of your stay with the key. Otherwise we will not interfere with your stay, unless you call us.
Our mother spends most of the day at our house enjoying her full time grandparent jobs :), however you may run into her walking down the driveway and through the backyard when she returns home. She will smile and say Hi! but don't expect a long conversation - her English is rusty :) . If you need help, call Maria's number.
Other things to note
The unit at this point does not have a washer and dryer. There is a laundromat at the corner of Market St & 8th Ave and we have provided a laundry bag for that purpose. We are also providing a drying rack you can put out on the balcony.
Please treat our house as you would like your home to be treated.
Some things to keep in mind:
- If something does happen in the house (big or small let us know as soon as possible! We will fix everything promptly.
- Please remove shoes at the entrance, behind the main door.
- No pets.
- Please adhere to our 10pm - 8am quiet hours ensuring that our neighbors are not disturbed by noise during this time.
- No parties. If the neighbors let me know that there is a party at the house you will be immediately asked to leave.
- Lock the door when you come and when you leave.
- No smoking of any kind inside our house.
- Garbage bins are on the side of the house. The black bin is for regular garbage. The green bin marked Yard Waste is for yard waste and the other green bin is for recyclable items.
- Please do not put garbage in recycling or yard waste bins, we will be fined by the City of Seattle and we shall deduct the fine from your deposit.
- Please be respectful of bed sheets and towels. Makeup, foundation, face medications, creams and tanning products will stain and/or bleach linens/towels. Please avoid using regular hand/bath towels with all skin products. Please do not wash laundry belonging to the house in order to remove stains. Housekeeping will wash all laundry. Unsalvageable linens/bath towels will be charged to the guest.
- Guests of any age count towards the booking numbers and will attract any applicable extra guest fee.
- CHECK IN is after 4 pm.
- A couple days before your reservation, please text or call me to let me know what time (after 4pm) you'd like to plan for check in.
- Please text or call me when you are getting close, I will meet you to welcome you and give you the key. Please be prepared to show me a government-issued ID.
CHECK OUT is before 11AM.
- Please leave our home as clean & put together as when you arrive.
- To check out, please call or text message me when you leave.
- Before leaving please put dishes in the dishwasher and run it.
- Please lock all windows and doors and drop the house key in the mailbox slot.
We really want you to feel like home and have a comfortable experience while we are hosting you. If at any time something does not meet your expectations or feel you cannot give us a 5 star review please call me or text me and give me a chance to make your stay exceed expectations.
From Dec 23 - 30, 2017 the minimum stay is 6 nights.
I am a 38 year old mom, part time business consultant, wife, friend, lover of yoga, acting and music. I enjoy Seattle and our proximity to the water so much! Trips to the beach and to the San Juan Islands make my heart sing. Every once in a while we "escape" to Portland, OR or Vancouver, BC, Bay Area or Hawaii.
My husband and I are originally from Romania, Europe, so living in the city comes natural to us, as we grew up taking public transportation or walking to places...We have two young children and take full advantage of our proximity to parks and water, as well as fun places for kids, like the Seattle Zoo.
We enjoy the restaurants and arts places Seattle has to offer: Seattle Art Museum, Seattle Opera, the Theater District, etc. as well as the rich music scene.
We love Ballard, our chosen neighborhood, and all the local flavor it provides. On a Summer day you will find us often at the Golden Gardens beach, walking to the Ballard Market store or to one of our favorite parks. Sunday's are reserved for the Ballard street market and whenever we can find a baby sitter, we enjoy date nights and the fine dining experience we can find here.