About this listing
Gorgeous, old New Mexican-style house with all modern amenities and conveniences, on a stunning 22 acre ranch. Perched above a bend in the Chama River, the property features an old growth cottonwood grove, fruit trees, a grape arbor, and herb and flower gardens. Amazing river, mountain and pasture views. A stone's throw to Plaza Blanca and incredible hikes; quick access to Bode's General Store, the Abiquiu Inn and pueblo, Georgia O'Keefe's house, Abiquiu lake, Ghost Ranch and the much more.
Gorgeous house with old New Mexican charm -- two-foot deep walls, deep set windows, original art works, rustic and ethnic antique furniture, and family heirlooms -- and all modern comforts and conveniences. Three private bedrooms, each with its own adjoining bathroom; beautiful and large living, dining, and screened 3-season rooms; well equipped cook's kitchen; and laundry room. House easily and comfortably accommodates 2 to 9 people (up to 13 people upon request).
Guests have exclusive access to the house. An additional section of the house will be locked off, but can be made available to guests at additional cost (this section includes two additional bedrooms and a bathroom).
(Barn area and areas where horses and other ranch animals are located are not included with house rental.)
Interaction with guests
Hosts live out of state but are readily available through phone, email and text. On-site caretaker will assist guests with arrival and departure, and with other interactions best done in person.
Other things to note
Horses and other domesticated animals may be present on the property. Wildlife coexists in close proximity to the house, including deer, elk, and many species of birds. Wildlife also includes coyotes, snakes, and insects. Rattle snakes, though rare, are present in the valley.
- Guests assume all risks, and release hosts of all liabilities, for injury or accidents that may occur while using any indoor or outdoor space located on the property.
- Access to the barn and areas where horses or other ranch animals are located is NOT permitted. Guest assumes all risk, and release hosts of all liability, for any injury that might result from contact, intentional or unintentional, with any animal on the property.
- The river can have swift currents: swimming from the premises is conducted entirely at guests' personal risk. Guests hold hosts harmless for all use of or swimming in the Chama river from the property.
- In certain instances, a pet may be permitted onto the property. Advance agreement and arrangements must be made.
- The septic system does not tolerate a lot of toilet paper. Guest must place used toilet paper in trash cans beside toilet, except when doing so would be unhygienic.
- Trash should be placed in the large receptacle at the top of the drive way and put on the side of the road early morning every Wednesday for pick up.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I live in Cambridge, MA with my husband, sons, dog and cat. I lived previously in Berkeley, CA, and long ago, in New York state. I have also lived for short stints in Mexico, Morocco, France and Togo (West Africa). I have traveled a fair amount; I love meeting people and learning new ways to do, look at, and be in the world.