I'm conflicted about this stay... I would have liked to have given it 3.5 stars. It will work for some travelers but much less so for others. Here's why:
- great price for the location. Most hotels in the 1st are much more expensive. This is very reasonably priced and super well located to transit and Rue St. Honore, a rather pricey area with boutique shops (think Chanel and other very high end places).
- the host: great communication and flexible. He let us check in at 12 and allowed us to store our luggage at his apt next door for a few hrs as our flight out was later in the evening. He was super responsive to requests throughout the stay.
- the bathroom: shower is modern and nice as shown
- the beds: your choices are a loft bed that really should only fit one person (and where even I, at 5 ft tall, couldn't sit up without hitting my head on the ceiling) or the couch bed, which was hard and really only fit one person as well. So.... if you're a couple, this can be quite odd and uncomfortable. My boyfriend and I first tried the loft bed and got no sleep due to the cramped quarters, then the sofa bed (even worse results), then slept separately, me in the loft and him on the couch (not comfy for him at all).
- it's small and up 6 flights. An elevator will take you to floor 5, but it's a super tiny elevator and you're hoofing it from there. Not a huge issue for us but could be for others.
- it's small. Worth repeating. If you're thinking about making something in the kitchen, a little meal or something... don't dream bigger than oatmeal. The kitchen area is super, super small, and there's barely a garbage can to be found. If you managed to make something, I really don't know what you'd do with any food scraps or other things. Also, the kitchen is... somewhat equipped. Fine if you want to bring in some cheese and put it on some bread. Not much more.
- the heater was broken, as was the cable (we thought we had it sorted but turns out not). This is likely just a temporary thing, and the host was very responsive, saying he'd bring in a separate heater. Luckily, it was nice while we were there and the weather manageable.
All in all, it comes down to what you need and expect. We needed a good night's sleep and couldn't really get that here. We liked the convenience of the location but not the priciness of the area (next time, I'd stay in a the Marais, the Latin quarter or St. Germaine). But if you want a convenient location, are traveling solo or just with a friend... this could be the right spot for you.