This is a fully functioning small A-frame (owner lives in part-time) so you can enjoy the comforts of home. It will accommodate solo travellers, couples and pre-approved pets. There is a rustic ambiance with all amenities, large deck, barbecue, hot tub and lovely views. From the parking area there are 68 stone and wood steps up a steep hillside. Inside are 2 bedrooms with queen beds and 2 twin beds in a den. The basic nightly rate of $165 includes two people; each additional person is $70/night.
Guests may access and use all areas of the property except the workshop on the lower landing
Interaction with guests
We will stay at our other home on island and be available to guests as often as needed or requested
- Check-in is after 3 pm and check-out is before 3 pm, unless previously arranged
- We may want to meet and greet guests on or shortly after your arrival, and provide a brief introduction to the cabin and facilities. If so, we will try to make arrangements with you prior to check-in
- Pets are to be approved in advance; therefore, please provide a description with your request to book. Please bring along the necessary tools to clean up for your pet, including all pet hair, before you leave. Pets are not allowed on the furniture
- Please notify us in advance if there will be any visitors
- No loud music, please, after 8 pm week days and 11 pm on weekends
- It is important that you shower before entering the hot tub each time to rinse off sand, soaps, oils or perfumes which effect the water quality. Take care not to carry leaf litter and other substances into the tub with you or on your feet. Use plastic cups at the hot tub. Use only the towels provided up stairs, near the back door and above the dryer for the hot tub.
- The landscape is steep and rocky. Please be cautious and take care to watch your step at all times on the landscape and stairs
- The fireplace is a free-standing wood stove and requires very careful use
- We would appreciate knowing as soon as possible, during you stay, if anything gets broken, damaged or lost, such as household items or facilities
- We request that you recycle as much as possible and use the compost bucket and recycling bins available at the back entrance way
- We ask that you generally tidy the living space, clean dirty dishes, wipe counters and sweep floors before leaving. Linens and other cleaning will be taken care of after you leave as part of the cleaning fee. It would be helpful if you could take your recyclables with you, if you can
- The workshop at the base of the stairs near the parking area is private and will be locked at all times. There is no access for guests
- Most of all, relax and enjoy!