About this listing
Unique, modern loft apartment in a renovated 1920 firehouse. Soaring ceilings, wood floors, brick walls, huge windows - lots of character! Being in North Chatt means easy access to everything — walk to restaurants, Whole Foods, downtown, the riverfront, the aquarium, parks and Stringer's Ridge.
It also makes a perfect & convenient home base for Chatt events: Ironman, marathons, Riverbend, Head of the Hooch, Wine Over Water, etc.
Comfortable, clean, open and private 1 bedroom loft in the popular NorthShore area of Chattanooga. This space has tons of character - it's the top floor of a 2-story renovated brick firehouse. The ceilings are 11 feet tall and feature reclaimed wood. Add in brick walls and old wood floors and you get a warm, industrial modern space like no other.
- Bedroom (sleeps 2) - big, bright bedroom with 2 windows, queen size memory foam bed, large closet, black out window shades
- Living Room (sleeps 2) with flat screen TV and sofa that opens to a memory foam/gel bed
- Kitchen - Cooktop, Convection toaster oven, Microwave, BlendTec Blender, Coffee maker, Pots, Pans, Dishes, Utensils, Coffee, Tea, and some basic cooking items (oil, vinegar, sugar, etc) Note - no oven except for the convection toaster oven.
- Dining area - seats four
- Full Bathroom - oversized shower with 2 shower heads and river rock floors
- Utility room - washer/dryer
- Clean cotton towels and linens provided
- Roku TV allows you to watch your Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon accounts and provides many free channels, but no cable
- Free Wifi
- All-Clad stainless cookware, ceramic skillet, and OXO utensils
- 100% cotton sheets and a memory foam mattress
- Peacock Alley towels
- American Leather sleeper sofa with an upgraded memory foam/gel mattress
- Furnishings from West Elm and Crate & Barrel
LOW CHEMICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- no air fresheners or harsh cleaners
- no Teflon cookware
- fragrance & dye free laundry detergent
- natural cleaners and essential oils
You will have your own off-street parking spot that leads to the stairs. Head up the stairs to the private entrance to the loft.
Interaction with guests
We live on the ground floor and work from home, so we'll be around for any questions. We're up for as much or as little interaction as you like.
NorthShore is such a great neighborhood to be in because it's close to everything. You can practically see Publix from here. The river, downtown, Whole Foods, local restaurants, bars, coffee shops are all within a 15-minute walk.
It's truly an urban experience - you're close in and the city is bustling around you - cars, buses, people walking & biking everywhere. Plus, we're minutes to the Stringer Ridge trailhead - 10 miles of hiking trails in a 92-acre urban preserve.
Walk, bike, bus, Uber, driving - all of it's easy from here. There's even a Chattanooga bike rental station a few blocks away.
- Check-in is at 3:00 pm, and check-out is by 11:00 am. Arriving slightly earlier, or want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with us first.
- Your quiet, well-behaved dog is welcome at the Firehouse Loft.
- No parties, no outside visitors, no overnight guests without previous approval from your host.
- Please don't engage in illegal activities on the property. This applies to both drugs and internet activity.
- No smoking anywhere on the property.
- We understand that accidents happen. Please just let us know when they do. Chances are we can fix them easily, which also means better chances of having your full security deposit returned too.
- To keep our costs down (and pass those savings on to our guests) we kindly ask that you switch off lights and the A/C or heating when not in use or leaving the house. Mother Nature thanks you too.
- Please keep things on the quieter-side after 9pm.
We're Christy and Avery.
We love Chattanooga for so many reasons— outdoor activities, the river, music, hiking, kayaking, small town feel, with great farm-to-table culture, excellent coffee shops, and great people.
We also love sharing our 1920 Firehouse Loft Apartment with visitors— and will be more than happy to offer guidance as you explore our great town. Let us know what you like to do, and we'll try to point you in the right direction!