About this listing
My place is spacious and has a view of the lake from every room. You’ll love the outdoors space, the unique architecture, and the relaxing, quiet atmosphere. It's perfect for couples, solos, business travelers, families (with kids), and groups.
We have sleeping spaces for 5. Also a very large living room to accommodate air mattresses, etc. Only $10/person beyond 5
The beach at Little Elm Park is absolutely the best in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex, and is only 5 minutes away from my house.
A peaceful, rural setting, yet just minutes away from shopping and other amenities.
The "entire house" is a spacious living room, dining area, a kitchen w/coffee bar, a large study area, a large bathroom (well suited for getting all dressed up and ready to go!), a large bedroom, a small bedroom with a half-bath, and an entry-way area.
Three exterior doors along the wall facing the lake give easy access to both house and grounds. You will have the run of the house, except for my quarters (not included in the above description of entire house).
Interaction with guests
I will be there to receive you at check in, help you get settled in, and familiarize you with your new surroundings. I may not be on the premises most of the time, but I do sleep there. My area has its own bathroom, and its own exterior-door access, so you won't be seeing me around unless you should need something. Then all you have to do is text me, or knock on my door.
- Smoking is allowed, but only outside the house. There are four doors along the front of the house, so slipping out for a smoke is a snap.
- If you have pets that can stay outdoors in the open, then they are welcome too!
- Please keep alcohol consumption to a responsible level. ("Responsible" is relative especially to whether you plan on driving or not!)
- It is imperative that no toilet paper be flushed down the toilet. Toilet paper needs to be disposed of in the trash receptacle that is provided. We are on a septic system, and violation of this house rule that necessitates plumbing or septic system work will be the financial obligation of the guest.
- All house doors need to be kept closed at all times. It is a rural, lake setting and I know that you would not want critters getting into the house.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a retired grandma that loves to stay active and have fun adventures. I am a fan of the music of Elvis Presley, and get a kick out of dancing to it, and going to performances of Elvis Tribute Artists.
I lived some years in Damascus, where I worked for the UNDP.
I have also taught undergraduate math courses at various colleges and universities in the DFW and Houston areas.
I have really enjoyed being an Airbnb host and meeting so many interesting, wonderful people. I am now (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) friends with almost all my Airbnb guests.