Located in the heart of Bar Harbor and Acadia, this cozy 1 bedroom apartment is tucked up and away from the hustle and bustle of town while still maintaining proximity to everything. This recently renovated space on the third floor of our classic 1910 Maine home is furnished with a comfortable queen bed with organic linens, an equipped kitchen with stone countertops, a living area with table/chairs and futon that pulls out into a twin bed. Walk to ocean, shops, and restaurants in minutes!
-The unit is best suited for and is set up for 1 or 2 people, though a 3rd can use the twin futon in the living area as a bed. Please contact us if you are interested in booking for 3 people as we may be able to accommodate you depending on the situation.
- Smoking is not allowed in the unit or anywhere on our property.
- We are child and infant "friendly" but the space is not baby-proof (especially the third floor exterior stair access!)
- We ask our guests to respect quiet hours between 8pm-8am. The apartment is a separate unit but it is on the third floor of our home. We are a busy family by day who loves our sleep at night!
- We ask your patience and kindness with our friendly dog and 2 children who you may cross paths with when coming/going from the backyard. We also need you to always latch the garden gate every time you come through so our pup doesn't escape!
- Extremely well behaved hypoallergenic dogs may be considered with extra pet deposit. Please contact us to discuss!
-We want to be sure folks realize there is no off-street parking provided for this rental. Overnight street parking is allowed in our neighborhood, and even in the height of the summer season there are usually parking spots available on our street or within a block or two. We are located very close to the village green where the free Island Explorer bus system can take you all over the Island and into Acadia National Park. Many guests park their car once and do not use it again until departure day!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
Shawn and I fell in love with Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park when we were students at College of the Atlantic in the late 90's. Life took us in many directions...California, Hawaii, Vermont...but eventually we made our way back to Mount Desert Island with our two kids in tow, and we are so happy to be back in this place we love. We bought a classic Maine home in the heart of Bar Harbor and renovated the third floor to be a welcoming cozy clean apartment for folks needing a home-base for Acadia adventures. Shawn works for a local non-profit that helps take care of Acadia National Park; I split my time between dabbling in wave photography here along the shores of MDI and keeping things rolling on the home-front. In our free time we enjoy hiking, swimming, gardening, cooking, music, and travel.