The Elphin apartment, with its beautiful new interiors, sits atop a very private steep gully covering over 2,000 square metres of terraced garden and native fern bushland. Beyond our boundary is natural bushland with no other houses in view. The apartment faces north east and overlooks a gorgeous valley of gum trees that is home to Leura Creek, which feeds the Leura Cascades and Bridal Veil Falls. The apartment has windows facing north and east, so you are never far from a beautiful view.
The Elphin apartment is the lower level of our home, with exactly the same views to the gully and rainforest as we have upstairs. The apartment comprises a bedroom, brand new full kitchen and designer bathroom. There is a completely separate entrance accessed down the side of the house with a keypad security door.
The terraced gardens that lead from the apartment to the valley are yours to enjoy (we never go there) and of course you have your own self contained apartment and north east facing deck.
Interaction with guests
We want to help make your stay really special, and give you as much privacy and space as you wish. Please feel free to drop in and say hello, but otherwise, enjoy the serenity of Elphin, and let us know if you need help with anything.
Other things to note
* Like most residences in the Blue Mountains, Elphin is within muffled hearing distance of the trains. It's the nature of the geography, which is surrounded by canyons, that the communities are built along a spine, and huddled within a few kilometres of the railway and highway. So while Elphin feels like it's a million miles from nowhere and is tranquil 99% of the time, you will hear the occasional passing train!
* Enter Kanimbla St only from Govett St, not Murray St.
* Elphin is at the end of a 40 metre private driveway at the very end of Kanimbla St.
* We would ask that you park on Kanimbla St, and only on the left hand side of the street as you head toward Elphin.
* Once you have parked, turn left at the very end of Kanimbla St and walk to Elphin.
* This is a shared driveway, so please keep it clear at all times. However, when you arrive you are most welcome to drive down the driveway to the door and unload your luggage - however reversing out can be a bit of a challenge! Please do not attempt to turn around on our beautiful grassed area - we've been lovingly encouraging the moss for years!
* Out of respect for our neighbours, please be considerate when parking on the street and avoid parking in the turning circle at the end. Thank you!
I moved to Leura from Potts Point (Sydney) in 2012 and absolutely love the lifestyle of the Blue Mountains - being in nature every day and living in such a fun, abundant and ever-changing community. I'm a director on two boards up here which reflect my own passions - one is Varuna, the National Writers House (200 writers retreat to Varuna each year) and the other is Blue Mountains Food Co-op (the oldest food co-op in Australia and a national success story). I work in Sydney several days a week in environmental philanthropy, sustainable finance and impact investment which I love. Airbnb suggests we share our life motto. I suppose if I had one it would match my passion for action in life - "If not us then who? If not now, then when?" We look forward to welcoming you to Elphin - it's magic!