If my beautiful brick home was any closer to the University of Dayton, it would be on campus! It's an easy walk to the restaurants and stores on Brown Street, as well as along Irving Avenue. You’ll love my place because of the location, the well-supplied kitchen, and the convenience. It's great for couples, business travelers, and families.
Each of the two bedrooms on the main level has a full-sized bed. In the huge bedroom upstairs there's a full-size bed, plus a multi-position futon that transforms into a bed. There's also a futon in the basement that can be used either as a couch while watching movies on the big screen or as a bed for extra sleeping space, plus a queen-size sleeper sofa.
The kitchen is fully equipped with dishes, flatware, utensils, and cookware. It has a full-size refrigerator, oven/stovetop, microwave, and dishwasher. There's a regular coffee maker and a Keurig for guests to use. The adjoining dining room has a wooden table and seating for five.
The living room has a couch and two comfy chairs, plus a Smart TV (Netflix, Pandora, etc.) that also gets local channels. Throughout the home you'll see the original wood floors, and several rooms have area rugs. The only place there's carpeting is on the steps leading to the second level. The kitchen and bathroom have vinyl flooring.
During your stay you'll have access to the entire house, plus the garage, front porch, large side yard, and back patio.
Interaction with guests
One of us will meet you to give you a quick tour of the house and to make sure you have everything you need (including the key), and then we'll leave you alone to enjoy yourselves :-) We're always just a text/phone call away, and we drive by the home each day on the way to/from work, so we're available if you need us.
Other things to note
I added this house to Airbnb in July, 2016, and I've been hosting guests at my other property since 2014.
1. NO SMOKING in the house. If you smoke, please do so outside and clean up any evidence. An additional $150 cleaning fee will be charged if the house smells of smoke when vacated.
2. If something is spilled, cleaning tools and supplies are in the hall closet and/or under the kitchen sink. You’re not required to clean the house, but please don’t leave a noticeable mess – thanks!
WHEN CHECKING OUT…
1. Place all used linens (sheets, pillow cases, towels) in the laundry chute above the toilet. Please leave blankets, comforters, and any decorative pillows/shams on the bed or futons (not the floor).
2. Please rinse any dishes used and place them in the dishwasher (no need to start it).
3. Verify that all lights are turned off and door is locked. If you’ve opened any windows, please make sure they’re closed and locked.
4. Please drop the key into the mail slot after locking the door. A lost key will necessitate replacing the locks on the door, and will incur an additional $120 fee.