You will feel at home in this spacious 2 bedroom apartment that has the perfect location for taking in everything that's great about Chicago without paying ridiculous prices for downtown hotels. Close to public transportation, the lake, downtown, etc
Lots of space, comfortable furnishing, access to public transportation
If that's what you want, this apartment has it.
A full apartment in a great, convenient location.
You will be hard pressed to find anything of this size and this close to the heartbeat of the architectural, musical, gastronomic and cultural delights of Chicago at this price point. Located in historic and gentrifying Bronzeville (specifically The Gap Landmark District), the apartment sits amongst other homes that are more than a century old. Just minutes away from vibrant downtown Chicago, the lakefront/beaches, and professional sports arenas, you're smack dab in the heart of Chicagoland, while being an easy bus/train/bike ride to every part of the city due to the great public transit system connections.
Seeking responsible and respectful guests who can appreciate a clean and comfortable respite.
-Full kitchen set up with utensils and basic cooking equipment, coffee maker, microwave and fridge.
-Open plan living/sitting//dining/eat-in kitchen furnished with sofa (sofa sleeper), loveseat, futon, game table and kitchen table with seating for 4.
-Free wifi access, board games, card games, video games
-3 HD tvs with cable (55” smart tv in living room and 32” in each bedroom)
-1 full bed (bdrm #1), 1 full bed (bdrm #2), 1 queen sofa sleeper (living room), and 1 queen futon (sitting room) (air mattress available if necessary)
-Brand new bath/shower, toilet
-Central heat and AC
-Private back deck
-Cheaper than hotels and room to spread out versus paying for multiple hotel rooms
Guests have full, unrestricted access to 2 bedroom apartment and private back deck. The apartment has wifi and access to video games and board/card games. The kitchen is stocked with the basics needed for cooking/eating. THIS APARTMENT IS ACCESSED BY STAIRS, SO PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF THIS IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS TROUBLE WITH STAIRS. Parking is standard, free, on-street parking. There is typically ample space on the street in front of the apartment.
Interaction with guests
Guests will have the entire apartment all to themselves. We are easily accessible to answer any questions you may have, but believe in giving guests their privacy.
Other things to note
This rental is located in a 3 unit apartment building. Pets are not allowed in this apartment under any circumstances. Smoking is not allowed under any circumstances inside the apartment. If you smoke in the apartment, you will forfeit your security deposit. Smoking is only allowed on the rear porch. There are ashtrays on the back porch. If cigarette butts are thrown in the yard, a $50 fee will be deducted from the security deposit.
License or registration number
Learn about this number
I’m seeking guests that will comply with basic norms of peaceful, respectful, communal behavior. By making a deposit, you are agreeing to all terms & conditions, as outlined here.
We ask all guests to respect the owners of this unit by treating it as if it were your own property (or better, if you don't treat your own place that well) and respect the other tenants in the building. Avoid any unnecessary noise. Pets are not allowed.
1. Smoking is only allowed on the rear deck. Absolutely no smoking inside the apartment. Please do not throw cigarettes in the front or back yards. An ashtray is available on the rear deck.
2. The Property is a private residence; the Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that the Guest is expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
3. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
4. Only use appliances/furnishing for their intended purposes.
5. Guest agrees not to download any unlawful content from the internet while using the wifi provided by the Homeowner.
6. Check-in after 3 pm & Check-out before 11 am.
7. Parking is standard, free, on-street parking. From April 1st to November 30th on Indiana Avenue there is street cleaning for 2 hours during Wednesday mornings on one side of the street and Thursday mornings on the other side of the street. Please pay attention to these signs in order to avoid tickets.
8. Lost keys incur a $55 surcharge if the lock needs to be replaced.
This host has 1603 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
My wife and I are fairly avid travelers. Since we live in Chicago, a lot of our trips are to warmer climates. Some of my favorite places to visit are New Orleans, Phoenix, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Mexico, Colombia, Bahamas, and Toronto (not warm, but we love that city). My favorite trips have been to Kenya and Colombia. My dream trip would be to any country that I have not visited yet.
5 things that i can't live without: my family (my wife, daughter and son are my travel companions), my cellphone, music, traveling, public transportation.
We very seldom stay in hotels. Due to the fact that we normally vacation for a least a week at a time, we tend to rent vacation homes/condos. We like the flexibility of being able to cook some meals ourselves in order to save money and we prefer to stay in regular neighborhoods instead of being surrounded by tourists in hotels.
There's a big world out there.....see it!