Nestled deep in the heart of downtown Tokyo & only 2 mins from the local subway, Hasui House is accessed via a traditional cobblestone alley evoking a bygone age. On the ground floor is a traditional 6-mat tatami double bedroom; bathroom with clay bath, 3-mat luggage room, and restroom. Upstairs you will find a 6-mat bedroom, 4-mat dining room & very small kitchen area. The character is enhanced throughout by authentic Meiji & Taisho era furnishings and small garden.
- Strictly no smoking inside the wooden building for obvious reasons.
- Please turn off lights and aircons when not in use.
- Requisite with Japanese custom, shoes must be removed at the entrance.
- Please be respectful of our neighbours and keep noise to civil level especially after 10 pm at night.
- to avoid damaging the upstairs area (especially the tatami mats, walls and antique doors) we ask you to keep suitcases on the ground floor. We provide baskets for moving your belongings to the 2nd floor, where they can be stored in an antique tansu for the duration of your stay.
Hi, we are a family of 3. We love travelling and the precious memories made along the way. My husband, Gary loves Japanese culture especially art, history, antique collecting, zen gardens, hiking and exploring Tokyo on foot. My name is Yuko, I worked in the travel industry, both here in Japan and abroad for many years. Now, I have a small English school teaching children in Tokyo.
We are looking forward to meeting you and deepening your understanding of Japanese culture and helping you to have those special moments and experiences that will someday become your precious memories also.