Our house less than a mile from Lake Superior and about 1/2 mile from Northland College. Guests describe our home as cozy and reminiscent of visiting their favorite coffee shop.
We have 3 bedrooms to offer guests. We have one full bathroom on the second floor and a half bath on the main floor. A portable crib with changer available for infants (30 pounds max).
Please note that many of our floors are not refinished yet, but they are clean. We also are replacing baseboards, moldings, and doors.
We invite you to make our home feel like your home!
All three of our guest rooms are located on the second floor of our home. The yellow room has a queen sized bed. The room with the patchwork quilt offers a full sized bed. The room with the blue wall has a full sized futon. The full bathroom is also located in the upstairs of our home. We use the bedroom that is located on the main floor of the house, which we do not rent out to guests.
You are welcome to use our kitchen to prepare your meals. You can relax in our dining and living space. We also have laundry facilities available in our basement free of charge.
Interaction with guests
We are available after work for any questions about the area! We will be happy to recommend local restaurants, shopping and attractions to you.
Other things to note
We have a dog who does well with people of all ages. She may bark upon your arrival, but once she smells you, you are her new friend.
Our home contains a lot of heirloom wooden furniture so please respect the wood by keep wet items off of them. Thank you in advance!
We provide 24 check in via a lock box. You will be provide with the code if you will be arriving later in the evening or in the early am.
- This is our home and we are happy to share it with you. That being said we ask that you respect us and our home by not drinking alcohol to excess during your stay!
- As noted in the listing some of our floors still need to be refinished, we need to install the baseboard and molding, we are also in the process of replacing the interior doors so some are new while others are old. We ask that if this is going to be a hindrance on a positive stay that you consider finding other lodging.
- We have a 10 year old dog, so you must be all right with dogs. She loves people and children especially!
-Quiet hours 9:30pm-8am
- Any smoking must be done at least 10 feet from the house. No smoking on our porches!
- You are welcome to store small amounts of food on the top shelf of our refrigerator. This is also where we store the breakfast items for guests, so space is somewhat limited. We have a little room in the freezer to store ice packs. Our fridge, like our home, is a bit cozy.
- We lock the deadbolt on the inner door during the day, so that packages can be placed in our entryway. At night we lock both deadbolts, so if you are the last one in please lock both deadbolts and turn off the porch and entryway lights. The key that we provide you will open the locks on both the doors.
-Checking out: If you leave after we do than please leave your key on the rack next to the door in the kitchen and lock the knob of the inside door. Thank you in advance!