My cozy home is within easy walking or biking distance to downtown St. Pete, lots of coffee shops, the beautiful waterfront park system and public swimming pools, the Dali art museum, Mahaffey Theater plus a 20 screen movie theater with IMAX at the Sundial Center. Also, there are numerous brewpubs, bars, live music venues and restaurants downtown, plus the beach and great views of Tampa Bay. The Gulf beaches are just 14 minutes away and accessible by public transportation or Uber.
I keep saying my house is cozy, which is to mean that it's not huge, but it's efficiently sized, decorated with lots of my travel photos and I think it has a very warm and comfortable atmosphere to live in. There are lots of lighting options, but you'll also get lots of sunlight in if you want it, or you can close the blinds and drapes if you want to watch TV in the day without glare. You can sit outside- on the front stoop or in the backyard patio, which is fenced in and private. I also have a gas cooking grille on the patio that you can use.
Guests will be able to use the majority of the house, with only the garage and my office closed off for access.
Interaction with guests
I will most likely be out of town on the dates I am renting the house out, but I am always available on my cell phone. I will also leave detailed instructions on how to use the remote control and TV system, plus I'll leave maps of St. Pete as well as the WiFi password.
Other things to note
Although my house is really great, the best thing about it is the location- very close to downtown St. Pete. St. Pete is booming with lots of music, bars, restaurants and cultural venues, plus the bay side parks and beaches. I love living here and you may want to buy a house here after you've experienced how great our little city is!
- I am looking only for mature singles or couples who are looking to stay for one month periods. My house is not large, so no more than a single person or couple are a good fit to stay in my home.
- I live in the house most of the year, so many of my personal belongings are in the house. Certain items will be locked in my garage and in my office, but the rest of the house is yours to enjoy!
- I will provide 2 sets of sheets and towels and you're free to use my laundry facilities. Soaps, shampoo, detergents, paper products- everything is provided. You're free to use the dishwasher, but I rarely use it myself, so feel free to hand wash your dishes if you so choose. Also, please do not use the kitchen sink garbage disposal for anything other than very small food particles. Please throw most of that out in the trash. Trash and recycle cans are on the side of the house. Trash days are Tuesday and Friday morning, recycling day is every other Monday.
- Please keep noise to a minimum after 9PM. My house is in a quiet residential neighborhood, so please treat my neighbors well!
- There is a Starbucks 4 blocks from my house- an easy walk. There are also two bicycle shops that rent bikes within walking distance- I will provide their information, plus downtown St. Pete has a Euro-style bike sharing system you can use for a small hourly fee. You’ll love my place because you'll have everything you need- the great location, the cozy ambiance and it's very clean and well kept. I have fast WiFi, a 50 inch plasma TV with HBO and Netflix (Netflix on my Roku box) You can also use my audio system and plug in your Apple or Android device. Bring sure to bring a connector for your device that has a headphone type jack on one end to plug into my system.