Clean, cosy & charming rooms in the heart of East Village: a combination of vintage /antique accents ( lace, art, lamps, mirrors) and modern furnishings, it is a perfect haven for women travelers! You’ll also love my place because of the ambiance of the neighbourhood and its proximity to grocery stores, restaurants, coffee shops, craft beers, bakeries, gifts, a major pharmacy and public transport. It is also around the corner from tennis courts, a running track and a public swimming pool.
Travelling solo for work? Or accompanied on an adventure? Wanting privacy, but also some direction/ company?
I have a cosy, charming, clean bedroom + sitting room at garden level in my home. Home is minutes away from one of the city’s top-rated family grocery stores (with conventional & organic foods), neighborhood ethnic restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries (including gluten -free), bars (craft beers), gifts, a major pharmacy etc. It is a 2 minute stroll to the nearest main street & buses headed downtown (theatres, Vancouver Art Gallery, Malls etc: all 15 - 20 minutes away). A running track & swimming pool are just around the corner. Vibrant (& trendy) Commercial drive is a 10 minute walk away--more restaurants, coffee bars, gelaterias, art galleries, clothing stores, gifts, a bookstore, & a music store. Neighborhood is quiet, friendly & family oriented. There is parking in the driveway.
The garden level rooms include a fully furnished living room, a bedroom, kitchen and a washroom (with a shower). There is a stove, microwave, small fridge, toaster, electric kettle, coffee makers, & cooking/ eating utensils.
The rooms are private. However, there is a private back room (storage/ garden-tool / freezer) that I need to access--with notice.
The rooms (except bathroom) have windows and natural day-light.
There is WiFi connection & a stash of herbal teas, black tea and coffee, seasonal treats and granola (home-made, usually). There is also a small antique table & chairs outside to sit & enjoy that morning coffee (summer-time, of course).
- You have access via back entrance, your own bathroom, living room, kitchen & bedroom.
- Laundry is outside the suite & at an extra cost.
You do not have access to the back room!
Interaction with guests
Please text me or call if you need anything!
Other things to note
The ceilings are lower (6'6") so taller guests may have a problem with door frames.
Not wheelchair accessible as the suite has a couple of different levels-- there are several 1.5 inch "steps" to negotiate.
- - The house is a safe place for women travellers.
-- The ceilings are short (6’ 6”) so if you are a taller person, you may find the top door casings a challenge.
- - Check-in is at 4 PM & check- out is at 12 PM
- - Remove shoes on carpeted areas
- - Try to be quiet, especially after midnight (ie: don’t slam doors)
(You may occasionally hear foot steps upstairs)
---Please avoid use of strong perfumes and scents
- - Visitors are welcome only when you're in the suite
- - Only registered guests may stay overnight
- - You are 21 years old or older!
- - When leaving the house, remember to lock the door
- - You can park in my driveway. Street Parking is free in our block but Vancouver Street and Traffic bylaw states that you cannot park your vehicle for more than 3 hours between 8 am & 6 pm in front of residential properties that you do not own; that is, you can safely park in our block only between 6:01 PM & 10:59 AM or for 3 hours at a time in one spot between 8 AM & 6 PM. Otherwise you may be ticketed and/or towed. So street parking is OK but only for a short time: safest to park in the driveway--it is right beside the back door.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
I am an original Vancouverite, with a life-long passion for this city & have lived on Vancouver's East side for decades. I have hosted /toured International students for years & have also experienced being a traveller innumerable times myself so can appreciate both the major things and the small comforts that make for a positive & memorable stay. I have many interests (including getting to know people, cooking, gardening, ukulele, singing, Natural health, Martial Arts etc.) I am a semi-retired Registered Massage Therapist. Other folks (including my adult daughter) sometimes live upstairs too along with 13 year old Aiko, a small living stuffie (actually she is ¾ Bichon & ¼ Shih Tsu).