We are turning our home into a Urban Homestead. Our neighborhood is quiet and friendly. We are located just outside the city limits, but are close to everything except the noise of the city. We have just added solar panels to heat our pool. We would love to have you come and stay with us. Lakeland has a lot to offer. So come and enjoy yourself. Breakfast is included. We will leave the light on for you.
Good for Couples, Solo Adventures, Business Travelers, LGBTQ Friendly, small pets
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING IN THIS LISTING. Check out "other things to note for travel times to different places". Look at the pictures and read the notes there for more info.
The room is located downstairs with a queen size bed, dresser, night stand, chair, brochure/magazine cabinet, and table with mirror. You have access to half of the closet with hangers. Pillows are hypoallergenic. There are extra blankets and sheets in the closet if needed. You will have use of the bathroom upstairs, where you will find towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, and hair dryer for your needs.
Upon arrival you will see a sign that reads "guest parking" to the left after you pull into drive, that is where you park. Please don't park in front of the gate. We have a heated pool (screened in, great for swimming at night) and a gas grill that you are most welcome to use. You can also use our kitchen, dining room, and living room. The bathroom you will be using is located upstairs. We have a room for meditation if you need to disconnect for a few moments.
Interaction with guests
Park and go to the front door it will be open, just let yourself in. Someone will be there to greet you.
Upon arrival you will be greeted by Valentine. She is our outside dog and barks when someone pulls in. She is a big baby so ignore her. Not as bad as she sounds. She has her own area and will not have access to you. We will also greet you (not by barking at you) and help get you settled in. We will be available to help you find things and get directions for you. While here you are family. You can have as much interaction or as little as you would like. My husband speaks Spanish and English, myself just English.
Other things to note
We do have chickens and roosters. So you will hear the lovely sounds from them. We also have 2 cats who have there own room. (Not allowed to roam the home) We are located between 2 lakes. So bring your boat and go fishing or just to relax. We have room for your Boat and small RV. Don't forget your sun screen and sun glasses. Clean pool towels, bath towels, and sheets are provided. Our pool is heated by solar. There is no TV as we use our computers if we want to watch anything. We do have a speaker you can hook your phone up to, to play your song playlist or Pandora, while out by the pool.
Ac filter is changed out once a month
Pool is cleaned by a service once a week in summer and twice a month in winter.
Enjoy all of the annual events Lakeland has to offer like the Hispanic Festival in October, the Christmas Parade every December, Sun N Fun every April, Mayfaire every May, Red White & Kaboom every July, and Zombiefest every Oct. and Pig Fest each January.
Try a new Food Truck on the second Tuesday of every month at Munn Park. No matter what you’re craving your tastebuds are sure to be satisfied.
First Friday is one of the most popular recurring events in Lakeland. Every month, on the first Friday of the month (hence the name), people from all over the community converge in downtown Lakeland for an evening of FREE family friendly entertainment, activities, live music, art receptions, a car show, and, of course, the chance to check out a great, locally-owned restaurant or retail establishment. Each month, first Friday has a different theme, and special activities are provided to complement the theme.
Auburndale - 22 m
Bartow - 14 m
Crystal Springs - 32 m
Kissimmee - 57 m
Lake Wales - 30 m
Mulberry - 16 m
Orlando - 56 m
Plant City - 28 m
Tampa - 41 m
Sarasota - 1 h 26 m
St. Petersburg - 1h 1m
Winter Haven - 28 m
YBor - 41 m
Bok Tower Gardens - 38 m
Busch Gardens - 44 m
Chain of Lakes Park - 23 m
Circle B Bar Reserve - 10 m
Explorations V Children's Museum - 16 m
Florida Polytechnic University - 22 m
Henley Field Ball Park - 15 m
Joker Marchant Stadium (Detroit Tigers Spring Training Park) - 19 m
Keel and Curley Winery - 26 m
Fantasy of Flight Museum - 31 m
Florida Southern College - 16
Frank Lloyd Wright Complex - 17 m
Lake Kissimmee State Park - 156 m
Lake Parker (fishing & recreation) - 22 m
Lakeland Center Convention Center - 19 m
LEGOLAND Florida Resort - 28 m
Polk Museum Of Art - 15 m
Polk Theatre - 15 m
Polk State College - Lakeland Campus - 8 m
Sea World - 56 m
Tampa Lowry Zoo - 45 m
Tampa International Airport- 48 mins
The Florida Aquarium - 43 m
Universal Studio - 47 m
Walt Disney World Resort (Epcot, Future World, Magic Kingdom) - 42 m
- If there is anything you need from the store, we can pick it up for you so it's here for you when you arrive (will save receipt for you)
- Smoking allowed outside only ( areas set up on the front porch or by the pool) Please use ashtrays and don't throw butts on the ground
-Breakfast provided (coffee, tea, fresh eggs, fresh herbs from our garden, oatmeal, grits, fruit, toast)(we use soy milk, so if you need something different, please let us know and will will have it for you)
- Bottled water, sodas, bottled orange juice is $1.00 each
- You can use the frig. and freezer to store cold items
- Clean Sheets and towels provided
- Gas provided for Gas Grill, make sure to turn off gas when not in use
- NO DRUGS (doctor prescribe yes)
- Small pets (under 15 lbs. only) allowed - MUST BE HOUSE TRAINED- (No exceptions) must pick up dogs poo after they go. You will be charged a $25.00 cleaning fee if your pet uses the bathroom in home per clean up. Extra charges will incur if pet chews anything in home. You will be charged replacement value of item. Pets are not allowed to roam home unsupervised.
- Respect animals on the property
- No diving in the pool (Insurance reasons)
- If using fire pit, make sure fire is out when you leave the area
- We do recycle and compost, so please put items in correct areas ( food items go to the raccoons and chickens)
- There is a Sentry Lock box in Dresser that you are welcome to use to lock away valuables
- Flash light in the top drawer of night table (just in case)
- Alarm Clock in room for your use
- Night Light in room
- Please let us know of any allergies you may have. We do have animals, but none roam the home.
- No overnight guest allowed. (Only AIRBNB guest that have booked the room - all guest must leave by 8 pm)
- We have High speed internet
- WiFi password provided when requested
- check out time noon (12 pm est.)