Historic home (1938) in the up and coming Eastwood area. 2 miles to downtown and EaDo. Close to U of H, Med Center and public transport links. It's cosy (~1,200 sq ft) and has original hardwoods throughout. There have been many updates; such as central air/heat. Come explore!
Built in 1938, the house is unique and in a great location. Fully updated and a short Uber ride to many Houston attractions such as downtown, U of H, EaDo, Midtown and NRG! Med center/Rice area are not far. Very comfortable and with all the mod cons. FREE off street parking. I don't have cable but I do have Netflix and WiFi. Washer and dryer are also available for your convenience. Private back yard area with gas BBQ and chairs for you to enjoy. There is a shade sail erected in the back yard to keep the sun's glare off.
If you are staying in the house, you have access to the whole house, back yard and front yard. The back bedroom (#3) is off limits as I use it as storage.
Interaction with guests
If you are staying in the house I will likely stay with a friend, be out of town or stay in the garage apt so it's unlikely that we will actually meet but I will always be available via phone/text for questions.
Other things to note
Close to several freeways and inside "the loop" (610), my house is also 10 mins from Hobby airport and 25 mins from IAH/Bush Airport (not in traffic).
- Remove shoes indoors
- No loud music / do not disturb neighbors
- If you move anything, please replace as it was
- Absolutely NO smoking (of anything) inside the house. If you must smoke, please do so outside and dispose of the cigarette butts.
- Black trash can is for trash. Green is for recycling. Trash day is Monday. Recycling is every other Monday. No glass in green recycling. Please store and I will recycle.
- An iron and ironing board are available in the front bedroom closet.
- You can use tea, teabags, coffee, sugar, spices etc....they are on a small table in the kitchen. There is also a drip coffee machine in the kitchen. You are also welcome to use the condiments in the fridge and any food I label for you. If you need to use something and use all of it, please replace it before you leave.
- Upon your permanent departure, please completely turn off the AC and/heating. Also, return key to the lock box and scramble code. Take out trash and do all dishes. Please note there is not a dishwasher in the kitchen.
- No bookings made by guests under 21.
Born in Scotland. Lived in Houston since 03. I have been an Airbnb host since May 2014, renting out my garage apt. to over 80 guests! Keen soccer player and spectator. Love to try the constant stream of new places to eat out in Houston. Love travel. Work at the British Consulate General (had 13 years in O&G). Volunteer at Saint Arnold Brewing Company (oldest craft brewery in Texas).