Welcome to Hollyfield Hideaway! We provide a clean, comfortable home with beautiful views, large outdoor space in a quiet neighborhood. Our place is walking distance to the Creeper Trail and Beaver Dam Creek, two miles outside downtown Damascus, and a 10 minute drive from Abingdon.
CHARMING DAMASCUS HOLLYFIELD HIDEAWAY
In the beauty of the Southwest Virginia mountain town of Damascus is our peaceful home which includes:
• 2 bedrooms with a queen size bed in each.
• 1 full bath with claw foot tub/shower.
• Kitchen, dining and sitting area share one enjoyable communal space. There is an addition dining room which can seat 6.
• Full kitchen complete with electric stove, microwave, full refrigerator, pantry, coffee machine, toaster.
• Comfortable living room with 32" flat screen internet TV
• Sunlit study with a beautiful view, desk and comfortable recliner
• Wireless internet.
• Original wood floors
• Large charcoal grill
• Just up the hill from Creeper Trail and river access
• There is a convenient Food City grocery store a mile away.
• Tasty fun restaurants and local brewery in Damascus with additional fabulous restaurant options in Abingdon, just 10 minutes away.
• Nearby places to visit: Boone, NC (charming mountain town, outlet shopping) is a 45 minute drive. Asheville, NC is a 2 hour drive.
Large charcoal grill, high speed wifi, internet TV, central heat/air, wood stove, front porch with views, back deck with large private yard.
Interaction with guests
You let yourselves in with a code and we give you complete privacy. That said, we are available for any questions.
Other things to note
A few additional notes about our rustic home:
- The original 4 room home was built in 1947. Kitchen, bathroom and porch bedroom have been more recently added on.
- Windows and heat pump are new
- Floor in the small bedroom is unfinished pine, covered with good quality throw rugs
- Back/porch bedroom floor is painted plywood
- There are some cosmetic issues in line to be repaired: Ceiling in the carport, one chipped tile in the kitchen, and back deck.
- Kitchen appliances are not new but function well
- Shower/bath is a clawfoot tub with shower converter. We love it and hope you do too.
- To those very sensitive to smell we do want to make you aware of a potential concern: While we do have a strict no smoking policy in the house, our previous renters, until 2 years ago, did smoke in the house without our knowledge. We have done everything we can think of short of tearing out the drywall to remedy the odor; we painted the entire interior last year and have washed floor to ceiling. We have had one complaint that there remains an odor, particularly in the front living room. We are continuing to explore solutions.
• No smoking inside
• No pets
• Please make yourselves at home. That being said, please be respectful of our neighbors and keep your noise level down.
• Occupancy shall be for residential purposes only, and may not be used by the Guest or his/her guests and/or invitees for any other purpose.
• Please do not use nails, screws or fastening devices on walls, ceiling or woodwork, or alter or redecorate the apartment without prior written approval.
• It is the Guest's responsibility to leave the house in clean, neat and undamaged condition upon departure, with no loss of or damage to household items (including, but not limited to furniture, decorative items, kitchen, dining and food preparation equipment, housewares, linens and towels), beyond normal wear and tear in order to receive a full refund of the security deposit. If the house is left in a condition that requires cleaning or trash removal beyond normal wear and tear, or if any physical damage has taken place that necessitates repair or replacement of finishes and / or furnishings, these costs will be deducted from the security deposit.
• Check-out is 11am. Please follow the check-out procedure, as noted below, on the day of your departure:
- Leave washed dishes on the drying rack.
- Dispose of all food, trash and debris in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Return all furniture to their original positions.
- Remove all personal possessions from the house.
- Sign out of Netflix and other Smart TV apps.
- Lock back door.